NJ Mayor: $1,000 to turn in your gun owning neighbors

This is a discussion on NJ Mayor: $1,000 to turn in your gun owning neighbors within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't care if you think i am some "right-wing fear monger"Keep your head stuck under the sand.I call for people who care about protecting ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: NJ Mayor: $1,000 to turn in your gun owning neighbors

I don't care if you think i am some "right-wing fear monger"Keep your head stuck under the sand.I call for people who care about protecting their rights to be vigilant. I don't agree with you one bit. This is NOT fear mongering.
    S.D. likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aworldexport View Post
    I don't care if you think i am some "right-wing fear monger"Keep your head stuck under the sand.I call for people who care about protecting their rights to be vigilant. You are obviously happy living in Chicago where there are no 2nd Am rights. I would never live there nor do i ever plan on going there. You and your fellow Chicagoians have slept and done nothing but re-elect the same old bunch of anti-gun nuts. Fine, thats your business and problem. I don't agree with you one bit. This is NOT fear mongering.
    My hometown is Chicago, I Live in Bellevue KY for the last 13 years. See the little location under my avatar. This story is several years old. I'm just pointing out a few things. I simply asked a few questions that are still unanswered.

It appears the fears expressed in this thread never really materialized for Newark Gun owners. Go back and check, there should be plenty of stories since it's several years old. Sorry you couldn't play the Chicago card. I honestly don't think the Newark Policy for gun stoppers is that big of a deal. I would be more concerned with his opposition of National CC reciprocity.
    Sig35seven and Doghandler like this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Wow, after reading some replies I think some of you could solicit donations for the NRA.

HE SAID ILLEGAL GUNS.

The OP is the one that made up the headline "Turn in your gun owning neighbors"

I'm sure the Mayor is going after bad guys doing the shooting of innocents! We all know New Jersey is not gun friendly.

If you are not prohibited from owning or carrying a gun in NJ this obviously does not apply! I'm guessing Illegal guns mean the following.

Guns in the hands of felons:

Guns in the hands of convicted domestic violence offenders:

Carrying without a permit:

Owning a defaced gun:

Possession of a stolen gun:

Possession of a gun used in a crime.

Is it so bad to get these people and guns off the street? After all the Mayor is doing more than Mayors of other cities to try and get the guns off the streets. The Mayor is only offering an incentive for something citizens should do in the first place. How is this different from offering reward for felons or citizens simply calling the police on drug dealers or other criminal activity?

If you are a law abiding gun owner this does not and can't apply to you. Fear Mongering at it's highest.

A group of neighbors and myself have been compiling a list of licence plates, car make and model, time and duration of suspected drug buyers and dealers of a local drug house. Are we Nazis? Our efforts got the dealer out of our community. The only difference is we received no money for our efforts.
    Here it is again. I
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    What if Arizona offered money to anyone who could find an illegal Mexican. Everyone seems willing to allow racial profiling to ask for their papers. If you really want to get the job done...why not offer money?
    Off topic and crappy comparison. Come to my state and see the illegal alien prob yourself. Our law is no different than the commiefornia state law or the feds law. No profiling as the leftists have informed you. Now back on topic ;)

What part of "shall not be infringed " is unclear? Gangbaner or not. Upstanding citizen or not. There is a God given right that doesn't discriminate.

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    What part of "shall not be infringed " is unclear? Gangbaner or not. Upstanding citizen or not. There is a God given right that doesn't discriminate.
    I don't agree that felons and gangbangers have a 'God given right' to own guns.

It should be VERY clear that if you break the law your rights will be severely infringed.
    BlueHawk76 likes this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

It should be VERY clear that if you break the law your rights will be severely infringed.
    too bad the constitution doesn't elaberate on who can protect themselves and family.. but its open to any interpretation it seems these days.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Perhaps if the repeat offenders were taken off the streets, we wouldn't have to worry about whether or not they had guns.
    msgt/ret and S.D. like this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    Perhaps if the repeat offenders were taken off the streets, we wouldn't have to worry about whether or not they had guns.
    Yes. Or in my state deported. But I'm just a crazy racist Arizonan. What do I know? Lol

The only rights that the people and the States did not retain are the ones that they gave up to the Federal Government. Those are listed in the Constitution. Care to point out the ones you are referring to?

Michael
    S.D. likes this.

Does not apply to criminals and it does discriminate. Citizens lose their rights when they become felons.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    Thats just plain crazy.
    If we were to remove all the criminals from the streets how would we justify our governmental intrusions on ordinary citizens lives?
    How would we be able to justify restrictions on weapons?
    Background checks?
    Gun permits.
    We have a whole government bureaucracy that depends on having criminals on the street.

Michael
    msgt/ret, S.D. and GeorgiaDawg like this.

OOh. I forgot that God took back their rights.... Do you see what I'm getting at? The whole constitution has been pooped upon and interpreted how they or you see fit..

OOh. I forgot that God took back their rights.... Do you see what I'm getting at? The whole constitution has been pooped upon and interpreted how they or you see fit..
    Yeah well I don't practice religion. I practice courtesy and common sense. If you think criminals have the right to possess a firearm, there is nothing I can say!
    S.D. likes this.

And that's your God given right not to practice religion. :) I respect that. But that is what or fathers founded our country on and the constitution as well. And its pretty black and white. Unfortunately its been interpreted and smeared to benifit certain people and their agendas ie anti 2a.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links