NJ Mayor: $1,000 to turn in your gun owning neighbors

This is a discussion on NJ Mayor: $1,000 to turn in your gun owning neighbors within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The sucky part is that we just institutionalize the criminals and have to pay for their stay in prison. It was a far more simple ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: NJ Mayor: $1,000 to turn in your gun owning neighbors

The sucky part is that we just institutionalize the criminals and have to pay for their stay in prison. It was a far more simple life then and things where handled swiftly with a rope and a tall tree. But I digress ..
    GeorgiaDawg and msgt/ret like this.

2. Remove Ads

Another thing that's so sad about this is that this Mayor is too ignorant too realize that instead of paying out $1k for a single gun, the state could be making several times that by issuing permits and it would have a higher impact on crime.
    ericb327, msgt/ret, S.D. and 1 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aworldexport View Post
    Bullet1234 I agree our time seems to be running out.

Everyday there is another story like this one where i question wether the ideas of Liberal Democrates can sink any lower.And then they do.

Liberals cry and scream over police powers to regulate and outlaw their drugs of choice.A drug bust happens and they yell "Big Brother!!". But when obvious attacks upon our Constitutional rights happen they are no where to be seen.

As for this video and what the Mayor said "We will give a 1,000 cash to anyone who calls our tip line and gives us information about who is carrying a gun,and we dont even have to have a conviction,if we arrest that individual and simply get that gun off the streets"

How do cops get to keep a gun if there is no conviction? I see this as an attempt to garnish any and all firearms a person may have. It wasnt until the little message popped up that i saw the blurry words Illegal guns.

Any law abiding citizen who knows a weapon is being carried illegaly by a felon would call and report them. I would. But this ad seems to be about any and all guns out there. I believe Chicago laws against owning a firearm by law abiding citizens is against the higher law of the Constitution and frankly if i lived there and saw my nice neighbors gun on their coffee table or something i'm NOT going to report them. Period.I'm not going to violate a persons Constitutional rights so i can huphold some local unjust law.

That is how i am taking this Mayors call. I won't rat out honest hard working people who just want to protect their families or businesses.
    It is legal to own guns in Chicago, you need to get an owners permit fro the city but you can get one. The SCOTUS did rule Chicago Law un-constitutional. Here is a link to the SCOTUS decision.

- Google Scholar
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueHawk76 View Post
    I live in central NJ. We can get gun permits to buy handguns but it is difficult to get CCW permits.

Mayor Booker has a problem in Newark that he needs to resolve....gang members with illegal guns shooting each other and innocent bystanders. I think his approach is fine as long as the ILLEGAL gun owners are the ones who are targeted and NOT the legal gun owners. My 2 cents.

^^In BOLD^^^^^^^^^^

Is key.

If you are found to be carrying, it would be illegal, if no CCW permit was held.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by pir8fan View Post
    How would the neighbors know? Sounds like a stunt to find out who has firearms, legal or not.
    There you got you figured it out. They don't care . All they want is the call now they have a reason to put that persons name on a list and go after them legal or not and harass the heck out of them. Then they just sit back with a smirk and say but we had a report of an illegal weapon we had to act.
    Same game they play when they harass Legal CC and open carry citizens.

A person could take advantage of this program and turn in their Highpoint or Glock. Then go out and get themselves a nice 1911 with the reward they received. Glass half full kind of thing.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    A person could take advantage of this program and turn in their Highpoint or Glock. Then go out and get themselves a nice 1911 with the reward they received. Glass half full kind of thing.

Michael
    If going to Jail/court for possession of an illegal handgun is your idea of a reward then go for it but you sure won't get any money.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Is the reward posted by the mayor any different than any other 'Bounty hunter' objective? Find criminals and turn them in for cash. It's been done for a long time.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    I'm all for immigrant labor, at least they're working and not collecting welfare and contributing to our economy.
    I am for legal immigrants.

How do you know that all immigrants are working and not collecting welfare? This is a seriously misinformed opinion.

How are they contributing to our economy if they are collecting welfare? Your sentence does say that collecting welfare contributes to our economy.
    S.D. likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    I am for legal immigrants.

How do you know that all immigrants are working and not collecting welfare? This is a seriously misinformed opinion.

How are they contributing to our economy if they are collecting welfare? Your sentence does say that collecting welfare contributes to our economy.
    My post was in favor of legal immigrant labor. My sentence says not collecting welfare. Of course not all immigrant labor is legal. Exactly what do you want me to argue with you about?
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by aworldexport View Post
    NJ Mayor: $1,000 to turn in your gun owning neighbors - YouTubeHow pathetic this is. It is like i am watching some Soviet era commercial. Thank God i live in a free state where Liberty is respected and rights are upheld. I posted this mainly for those in free states in order that folks can remain vigilant in safeguarding our Constitutional rights. States like NY NJ Illinois California, maybe this will wake you up as to the kind of society you really want. Today turning in folks for defending themselves, tomorrow turning in your neighbor because they said something "wrong".
    Discussing! But I have couple that I would gladly sell for $1000, no questions asked. ;)
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links