Have you contacted your US Senators about the UN Small Arms Treaty?

This is a discussion on Have you contacted your US Senators about the UN Small Arms Treaty? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by ericb327 ...As we don't know what the final Small Arms Treaty will contain. I trust that you will vote on my behalf ...

View Poll Results: Have you contacted your senators regard the UN Small Arms Treaty?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have contacted my Senators.

43 69.35%
  • No, I have not contacted my Senators.

10 16.13%
  • No need to our Constitution trumps all treaties.

9 14.52%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Have you contacted your US Senators about the UN Small Arms Treaty?

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    ...As we don't know what the final Small Arms Treaty will contain. I trust that you will vote on my behalf against the treaty if it is Contrary to our 2nd Amendment rights.
    I'm sure that impressed them.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    I'm sure that impressed them.
    I hope so! Are you in favor of this statement? I thought it was a good point to make.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

FYI...

The Obama administration has said it won’t support limits on the Second Amendment.

From Politifact...

"We found no evidence of Obama or Clinton indicating they want the UN conference on an arms trade treaty to ban the use of firearms; the recent speech by an administration underling states the government will not back a treaty that infringes on the Second Amendment. This claim runs so substantially counter to reality, it’s ridiculous. Pants on Fire!"
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Those of us in Colorado probably hope to REPLACE our current Senators before a vote is taken, hence there is NO NEED to contact them currently.

Having said that, yes, they know my position on such matters.
    I've contacted both of our Senators even though, as you stated, I hope that they are both replaced before this comes up for a vote. At the very least, I wanted them to know that another voice is speaking out against even symbolic gestures against our right to bear arms.
    ericb327 likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

Senior Moderator
    This is a non-issue, and being from Alabama why should I write my senators telling them to vote the way they will vote anyway?
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

So vote for option 2 or 3

Senior Moderator
    I did vote for 3
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I must admit with all the opinions and outrage in similar threads about the UN Small Arms Treaty; I thought there would be more voter turn out for this poll.

"No need to our Constitution trumps all treaties",,,,, as long as the Chief Justice agrees.
    GeorgiaDawg and BaconHunter like this.

I'm shocked that so many people have faith that a treaty like this won't infringe on their 2A rights. Do you think states like California, Illinois, New York, or New Jersey are infringing on peoples 2A rights? According to those states, they do not. Would you like to nationalize the 2A rights that people luxuriously hold in the state of Illinois?

Personally, I would rather nip things like this in the bud - so that they don't have any chance of regulating laws/rights that shouldn't be meddled with by foreign entities. The shear fact that our country is considering supporting a UN sanctioned global regulation on small arms that would be applied to US citizens is quite disturbing to me. Our states have enough red tape around our 2A rights as it is - and I firmly believe states should be the only entities that have authority to do so in the manner that they see fit (while keeping regulations constitutional). What is or isn't constitutional is an entirely different debate.

Yes, I am writing my senators.
    phreddy and Spirit51 like this.

Senior Moderator
    This treaty is the first step to mandatory registration and eventually seize if all private firearms.
    It may not happen for awhile, but for those that think it is a non-issue....

How will you think of this when your children or grandchildren don't have the same rights that you enjoy today? Will you still think of it as a "non issue" then?

This short-sighted crap of "it's no big deal" is exactly how we continue to lose our rights.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    This treaty is the first step to mandatory registration and eventually seize if all private firearms.
    It may not happen for awhile, but for those that think it is a non-issue....

How will you think of this when your children or grandchildren don't have the same rights that you enjoy today? Will you still think of it as a "non issue" then?

This short-sighted crap of "it's no big deal" is exactly how we continue to lose our rights.
    I agree. I read the UN's website about what they intend and do not intend to do with the treaty. I do not see how it could be anything but a requirement to register all small arms. Otherwise the is no point to the treay.
    And if that is not reason enough, Iran is on the treaty committee!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    FYI...

The Obama administration has said it won’t support limits on the Second Amendment.

From Politifact...

"We found no evidence of Obama or Clinton indicating they want the UN conference on an arms trade treaty to ban the use of firearms; the recent speech by an administration underling states the government will not back a treaty that infringes on the Second Amendment. This claim runs so substantially counter to reality, it’s ridiculous. Pants on Fire!"
    Ok first I would not trust that "underling" to have much say in the adminstration.

Second, it would depend our your definition of "infringe." This President's administration does not have the same definition of infringe 2nd amendment rights as I.

Can't change my vote, but I have now contacted them using this method (and it worked well, seemed to find all my Senators and emailed them accordingly):
    Sign The Petition To Stop The US From Signing The Arms Trade Treaty! | Dickmorris.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links