Mr LaPierre Speaking For Us - Page 2

Mr LaPierre Speaking For Us

This is a discussion on Mr LaPierre Speaking For Us within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey, when did I have corn?...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Mr LaPierre Speaking For Us

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Hey, when did I have corn?

Distinguished Member Array CIBMike's Avatar
    I could give a flying fig what the UN says about my firearms , i would ignore any mandate that originated from that rats nest.If the blue berets show up at my door they are getting treated just like any other unwelcome visitor.
    The easy way is always mined.

Quote Originally Posted by CIBMike View Post
    I could give a flying fig what the UN says about my firearms , i would ignore any mandate that originated from that rats nest.If the blue berets show up at my door they are getting treated just like any other unwelcome visitor.
    That's all well and good. But look around you. If your fellow gun owners can't do something as simple as send a small donation in to help combat this assault, do you really think they will have the guts to stand with you when the bullets fly?
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Maybe the NRA isn't fear mongering after all.

Maybe the threat is real.

Then what ?

I'll put my money on the NRA rather than the U.N. or the congress.

MJK
    I will not surrender the tactical advantage to those who would usurp my right to keep and bear arms. Period. Anyone who believes the current president would not attempt to implement this treaty via executive order or BATFE regulations has not been paying attention! We must do all we can to nip this in the bud before it affects each and every one of us!
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Personally, I don't get scared by what people say. It's my views regarding what they're talking about that concerns me after adding up whatever facts make sense using logic, history and reputation of the involved . So using logic, history and those involved with the amount of power they hold, this one has the potential to scare the hell out of me. Notice I say potential. But I still have a right to be concerned. I think everyone ought to be concerned at least a little if they give a rip. But I was concerned before I ever heard anything at all from the NRA.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

MJK
    Quote Originally Posted by Philco View Post
    Maybe the NRA isn't fear mongering after all.

Maybe the threat is real.

Then what ?

I'll put my money on the NRA rather than the U.N. or the congress.
    +1

Are you willing to bet your 2A rights by not expressing your views to your elected representatives?
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I will stand with the NRA now. The congress only listens to two things. Money, and a special interest group that convinces them that their political lives are at stake if they vote the wrong way. It takes financial support to do this.
    I agree with this. I do believe that the UN treaty is way overblown and wish that the NRA would focus on more important (to me) issues, but it takes money and fear to distract our corrupt politicians from lining their own (and their masters) pockets. The NRA mainly still represents individual gun owners and while I don't agree with all that they have to say our even the politicians that they support I do thank them for fighting for the Second Admendment
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

VIP Member
    NRA

I join them 1 year at a time. I think they overstate some of the issues at times. These are some crazy times. They need the money to keep up with the liberals and special interest groups. They counter many issues for us. Protect us maybe. I think the left is worried about them and thats fine with me.

Plus I have to join for my competitions and they send me a little card in the mail that says I'm an expert. I get to paw thru the Rifleman magazine once a month. Sometimes I get a free hat made in china.

Keep in mind that fear is a very powerful tool. It has been used effectively to achieve various goals for centuries..... However on the scale of its use for good or bad.... bad has won out more often than for good..... Just saying is all......
    ericb327 likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Administrator
    I seem to recall reading yesterday or today that 60 Senators have flat out said they would not ratify this treaty.

The question is How many of those U.S. Senators would absolutely not ratify the treaty because they do not want the big hammer of the NRA (and its huge voting member base) coming down on their heads and ending their chances for winning their next election?

Just a random thought that I had.
    atctimmy, oneshot and phreddy like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    atctimmy is a NRA life member. I guess that tells you where I stand.

As a shout out to Suntzu I will say that the fear mongering gets to me as well but IMO it's the least of my problems. I think they do a ton of good.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Yep I agree with earlier posts and continue to support the NRA. I don't know what issues some of you think they should focus on that they aren't already??? Fast and Furious? National Reciprocity? Sure the NRA may be playing this up, just like the antis go crazy screaming for full gun control every time some wacko kills a bunch of people. For $25 a year, I get an organization that does their very best to make sure I can always go to sleep soundly with my XD next to me on my night stand. That's a deal.

Distinguished Member Array CIBMike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    That's all well and good. But look around you. If your fellow gun owners can't do something as simple as send a small donation in to help combat this assault, do you really think they will have the guts to stand with you when the bullets fly?
    I am not so sure that giving money to the NRA will increase a persons intestinal fortitude when the bullets fly, but if they feel that it will help then i don't have a problem with it.I didn't send money but i did contact my senators,i guess everybody needs to follow thieir gut on this one.
    ericb327 and Sig 210 like this.
    The easy way is always mined.

It's definitely on my radar screen.

For the first time... as far as I know, we have a presidential administration who is willing to sign on to it. Both Obama, and Secretary of State Hillary are on board as to signing on with the treaty. There are a lot of supporters in congress as well.

Do we have the votes in congress not to ratify it? I think so, but it's too close for comfort for my likes. There are just too many untrustworthy members in congress to rely on them to do the right thing.

I'm not in a panic, but it has my attention and I will be contacting my members of congress.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links