Mr LaPierre Speaking For Us - Page 3

Mr LaPierre Speaking For Us

This is a discussion on Mr LaPierre Speaking For Us within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by glockman10mm That's all well and good. But look around you. If your fellow gun owners can't do something as simple as send ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Mr LaPierre Speaking For Us

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    That's all well and good. But look around you. If your fellow gun owners can't do something as simple as send a small donation in to help combat this assault, do you really think they will have the guts to stand with you when the bullets fly?
    Wow, that is so rude. Folks speak their mind and don't follow the NRA and GOA mantra like lemmings and now we have no guts...hmmmm. Interesting. I guess I should just follow blindly then and that will give me some guts. Get real.
    Mr LaPierrre wants all this money for adds targeting Obama and he needs this by 27 July when the UN votes on the treaty. Do you really think that Obama is going to be swayed by NRA advertisments and not on a treaty that Obama wants? Who is he targeting with these ads? Anti's? Like that will change anything? NRA members? I think we are up to date on this. The rest of the folks that are clueless and care more about the economy? That makes sense but it won't affect anything. The President will order the US rep to the UN to vote yes if it is what Obama wants...period. The ads should start after the treaty is voted on (is 27 July really the date they vote on it? I still can't verify that. If anyone can let me know). If the ads were to get mom and pop to write thier senators before it goes before the Senate that would at least make sense.

Time is running out. The U.N. will vote on this treaty on July 27! Please stand with me and draw your own personal line in the sand against the U.N. Gun Ban Treaty before it's too late. Thank you.
    What is he going to accomplish between now and then? He already said that:
    After the U.N. delayed my testimony and tried to deny me a chance to speak out on behalf of gun owners like you...I stood up to those tyrants and said there will be NO COMPROMISE. American gun owners will never surrender our Second Amendment freedom...period!

But my words fell on deaf ears. Thanks to the Obama administration, this treaty is marching forward, and I need your help to stop it.
    So what magic is going to happen in the next 2 weeks with the money? Would make sense to wait as it gets closer to the time when the senate votes on it. Oh....that is when he will say time is running out again and ask for more donations.
    ericb327 and Sig 210 like this.

In court attorneys routinely throw out statements that are disallowed. They do so knowing that once said, the damage is done and can't really be undone despite the judge's admonition. In today's soundbite world, the Left routinely throws out statements, that although patently false, that are taken as fact and disseminated throughout the media. The lazy or pressed for time crowd takes such statements as gospel. Should the NRA be prohibited from such tactics when fighting for established 2a rights?

It seems to me that when presented with several potential bad situations it can be difficult to tell exactly which one will flare up and require immediate attention. I have been burned enough by our elected officials to be forever wary. Does the NRA engage in hyperbole? I would say absolutely but I like to think they do so for a legitimate reason: as a preemptive strike on potentail threat that may gain traction with sympathetic parties.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Fear Mongering.

A word that some people use to covince themselves that anything said about a particular subject is not true because it makes them uncomfortable when they think about what is being said.

They dont like what is being printed so they automatically discount it all, facts included.

In todays over stimulated,it everybodys fault but mine, you owe me, generation, feasr mongering is used as a tool to wake otherwise brain dead people up.
    In some cases it works, in others it does not.
    Others say..." its fear mongering, so its all false", choosing to remain ignorant of the facts.

So be it.

When our grandkids do not enjoy the freedoms and libertys that we did as kids growing up, one can that it was just all fear mongering and go on about their merry ways in an ignorant state of bliss like the other 80% of the population. Then they wont have to worry about such things.
    That's just it. The NRA leaves out the facts and plays on fears. I think the NRA could take it on the chin if the UN treaty is ratified and nothing happens. Well, probably not. They will manufacture some other emotionally driven crisis.

I'm a lifetime member that hasn't donated since 96.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    That's all well and good. But look around you. If your fellow gun owners can't do something as simple as send a small donation in to help combat this assault, do you really think they will have the guts to stand with you when the bullets fly?
    Rest assured I will stand tall when there are real threats!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    I seem to recall reading yesterday or today that 60 Senators have flat out said they would not ratify this treaty. And that doesn't even begin to get into the fact that the SCOTUS has already ruled that a treaty does not supersede the Constitution.
    If it would get ratified, that would open the door for "UN Inspections" for compliance. Does that sound familiar to anybody??? Sounds like what WE did in Iraq and look what happened...

Here is a quote from the Iraqi Constitution:
    "Article 13:

First: This constitution is the sublime and supreme law in Iraq and shall be binding in all parts of Iraq without exception. "

Here is a link to the Iraqi Constution, printed in full:
    Full Text of Iraqi Constitution
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

How about this definition:
    Fear Mongering: used to convince lazy or ignorant minds to convince them the worst of something is about to befall them. Since they assume nobody has the brains to actually look up the facts they will exagerate any facts to lean their wasy or make worst case positions without facts but making it appear that the end result is exactly what they say.
    This!!

i've been an NRA member for over 50 years. i have donated tens of thousands of dollars to the NRA: But no more.

This is fear mongering trash. LaPierre refused to prod the Republicans when they ran the entire legislative and executive branches. LaPierre could have insisted the Republicans roll back the more onerous provisions of the NFA, the GCA 1968 and the Lautenberg amendment: Instead he chose to do nothing. LaPierre refused to censor John McCain when he proposed draconian anti-gun legislation to close the nonexistent "gunshow loophole".

Now LaPierre is lying, distorting the facts and pandering to the uninformed who are incapable of discovering the truth for themselves. Its all about the money.

Quote Originally Posted by acepilot View Post
    If it would get ratified, that would open the door for "UN Inspections" for compliance. Does that sound familiar to anybody??? Sounds like what WE did in Iraq and look what happened...

Here is a quote from the Iraqi Constitution:
    "Article 13:

First: This constitution is the sublime and supreme law in Iraq and shall be binding in all parts of Iraq without exception. "

Here is a link to the Iraqi Constution, printed in full:
    Full Text of Iraqi Constitution
    You are not even close on this one. Iraq was requited to undergo inspections by an agreement with the UN after the Desert Storm. It has nothing to do with Iraq signing a treaty and how their Constitution applies to the situation.

The were the losers in a military conflict.
    Sig 210 and oneshot like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philco View Post
    Maybe the NRA isn't fear mongering after all.

Maybe the threat is real.

Then what ?

I'll put my money on the NRA rather than the U.N. or the congress.
    Quote Originally Posted by MJK View Post
    I will not surrender the tactical advantage to those who would usurp my right to keep and bear arms. Period. Anyone who believes the current president would not attempt to implement this treaty via executive order or BATFE regulations has not been paying attention! We must do all we can to nip this in the bud before it affects each and every one of us!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugerguy View Post
    Yep I agree with earlier posts and continue to support the NRA. I don't know what issues some of you think they should focus on that they aren't already??? Fast and Furious? National Reciprocity? Sure the NRA may be playing this up, just like the antis go crazy screaming for full gun control every time some wacko kills a bunch of people. For $25 a year, I get an organization that does their very best to make sure I can always go to sleep soundly with my XD next to me on my night stand. That's a deal.
    I will stand with the NRA now. The congress only listens to two things. Money, and a special interest group that convinces them that their political lives are at stake if they vote the wrong way. It takes financial support to do this.

And in case some don't get it, they send out a blanket letter to everyone. Sure, you may not need, desire that approach, but others may. The letters are designed to work the masses.

So for those of you that have your heads up your butts on this issue, take a good whiff, and get used to the smell, cause it will get alot worse if we lose this one.

My checks in the mail

^^^^^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^

Can't say it any better than these posts, so I'm just multi-quoting them again so others can see them together.
    They really sum it up well.

Suntzu,,
    I can understand your frustration on this, as its(the NRA) not a perfect setup, and getting dogged by junk mail and emails(which I don't get cause they don't have it) is a bummer, but when its all said and done, they really are the best game in town when it comes to helping us guard the 2nd. Amendment, whether some of you think its doesn't need guarding or not.

I bet your mom and dad told you little white lies when you were a boy, do you hold that against them as well?
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^

Can't say it any better than these posts, so I'm just multi-quoting them again so others can see them together.
    They really sum it up well.

Suntzu,,
    I can understand your frustration on this, as its(the NRA) not a perfect setup, and getting dogged by junk mail and emails(which I don't get cause they don't have it) is a bummer, but when its all said and done, they really are the best game in town when it comes to helping us guard the 2nd. Amendment, whether some of you think its doesn't need guarding or not.

I bet your mom and dad told you little white lies when you were a boy, do you hold that against them as well?
    Yes I do...Now I am disappointed at Christmas time when there are no presents under the tree!

But seriously, forget about the unsolicited emails. Intellectually it is insulting for an organization that suppose to be on my side and is asking for money to put out newsletters that are not accurate. And they are purposely not accurate. That is not white lies. Those are big fat lies (I am including lies by omission). WHy on earth should I have to look things up every time they or the GOA send out information that is in accurate. The sad thing is many people beleive 100 percent what both organizations say. They take at face value their predictions. That sir is the problem. Even folks that think I am out of whack with my thoughts on the NRA and GOA do agree with most of what I say. They just say that they do help gun rights and that is why they give and are willing to overlook the inaccuracies and fear mongering.

But sir, you have to admit there is a good number of folks that do beleive 100 percent what they say..........that is a problem

See,we all can find something we agree on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    I seem to recall reading yesterday or today that 60 Senators have flat out said they would not ratify this treaty. And that doesn't even begin to get into the fact that the SCOTUS has already ruled that a treaty does not supersede the Constitution.

SunTzu; The Art of War

You believe in this enough to choose it for a screen name? His take on it is very interesting when he said; to win without physical confrontation early in the conflict when there is nothing lost, is the greater victory.

Interesting perspective here.
    phreddy likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

SunTzu; The Art of War

You believe in this enough to choose it for a screen name? His take on it is very interesting when he said; to win without physical confrontation early in the conflict when there is nothing lost, is the greater victory.

Interesting perspective here.
    Is that a subtle attempt at an insult? I would have thought you better than that. Have you read the Art of War or are you like many folks that google a cool quote? You really do get the big point I am making. The NRA treats you and me like idiots by not giving us the facts and just the facts. If you think that is cool keep dumping your money on them. I have not said that I would not donate to the NRA. (If I have said otherwise it was a poor choice of words) I said I would not be a member. I will pick and choose.

Back to your post:You are saying one has to believe 100 percent of everything and how it applies to 100 percent of everything to have a screen name?

VIP Member
    If the NRA never existed, where would we, as gun owners, be right now?

If you don't like the NRA, or have a beef with them, start looking around the world and see what restricted country you want the US to emulate.
    mprp likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    If the NRA never existed, where would we, as gun owners, be right now?

If you don't like the NRA, or have a beef with them, start looking around the world and see what restricted country you want the US to emulate.
    You have obviously not read what I have written or you think I do not know what good the NRA does......read again: I will donate on a case by case basis....sorry if I am not a lemming...

If it's me -- and this is me -- and I'm the head of any politically-charged organization trying to curry favor among neutral parties, you can be damn sure I'd stick to verifiable facts and leave emotion out of it as much as possible. Russell takes a totally different stance. Which is better? I don't know, I just know how I'd approach it. Different strokes. As moderate, I like to sit back and enjoy both wings dousing themselves with gasoline and throwing on a match. Very entertaining. When Russell and the Bradies go toe-to-toe you talking some damn fine entertainment there! Pull up a chair and watch the crazies go at it! LOL

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links