BATF Acting Director threatens whistle Blowers - Page 2

BATF Acting Director threatens whistle Blowers

This is a discussion on BATF Acting Director threatens whistle Blowers within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sounds like the good Director is in violation of Federal Whistle Blower protection laws....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: BATF Acting Director threatens whistle Blowers

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Sounds like the good Director is in violation of Federal Whistle Blower protection laws.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Want to guess how many times I heard a similar speech during my 24 years in the military? Your encouraged to go to your supervisor with a problem, or your supervisors supervisor. You can even go to the Base IG or Command IG without a problem....don't follow the chain of command and run directly to the press without at least attempting to solve it within the structure and your asking for the roof to fall in on you.
    WHEC724 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Want to guess how many times I heard a similar speech during my 24 years in the military? Your encouraged to go to your supervisor with a problem, or your supervisors supervisor. You can even go to the Base IG or Command IG without a problem....don't follow the chain of command and run directly to the press without at least attempting to solve it within the structure and your asking for the roof to fall in on you.
    Well one thing is for sure, the press can't give you protection. That can only come from the chain of command, the IG, OSC, MSPB and the courts. SO if your point is that every fool with a personnel issue should just run to the press and try to get his gripes published, you are mistaken.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Well one thing is for sure, the press can't give you protection. That can only come from the chain of command, the IG, OSC, MSPB and the courts. SO if your point is that every fool with a personnel issue should just run to the press and try to get his gripes published, you are mistaken.
    I guess you misunderstood what I said. My point was, you have a COC....follow it. Running to the press is never the first option, IMO. The time may come when that is the choice you have left. But it shouldn't be the first choice.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Whoever the OP is that posted that is putting words in the man's mouth.
    Hopyard, I'm not the one puting words in the guys mouth! The video speaks for itself! I post this to get a discussion going and hopefully a civil one! So if you have any heartache with the words "whistle blowers" you should speak with Senator Charles Grassley, R-Iowa and Congressman Issa, R- Calif as they are the ones asking the questions. The FoxNews article link is below and here is a quote from their letter to "the man":

In their letter to Jones, Issa and Grassley wrote that ATF employees must know about their legally protected right to talk to Congress "free and clear of agency interference or retaliation."

Read more: Lawmakers: 'Ominous' video a warning to ATF whistle-blowers after 'Furious' | Fox News

Here is another article I'm researching to see if there is anything to it:

U.S. family jailed for Holder's gun crimes - U.S. family jailed for Holder’s gun crimes

Maybe someone can shed some light on this?
    tcox4freedom likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    Hopyard, I'm not the one puting words in the guys mouth! The video speaks for itself! I post this to get a discussion going and hopefully a civil one! So if you have any heartache with the words "whistle blowers" you should speak with Senator Charles Grassley, R-Iowa and Congressman Issa, R- Calif as they are the ones asking the questions. The FoxNews article link is below and here is a quote from their letter to "the man":

In their letter to Jones, Issa and Grassley wrote that ATF employees must know about their legally protected right to talk to Congress "free and clear of agency interference or retaliation."

Read more: Lawmakers: 'Ominous' video a warning to ATF whistle-blowers after 'Furious' | Fox News

Here is another article I'm researching to see if there is anything to it:

U.S. family jailed for Holder's gun crimes - U.S. family jailed for Holder’s gun crimes

Maybe someone can shed some light on this?
    And, did you hear him say anything else or otherwise from what is in bold above? I didn't.

Moreover, a word to the wise. Congress is the last place you want to go with problems. They are about politics and games. Real answers come from the IG, OSC, MSPB and the courts.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Since bar association reviews judges nominated to the courts the NRA should get to review people nominated to the ATF. Clearly both are impartial.

Congress is the last place you want to go with problems. They are about politics and games.
    We will never know the full story about Fast and Furious because neither of the partys in congress want us to know the full story. After the election this "investigation" will die.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Never like the ATF. The most abusive and hated Federal Law Enforcement Organization in the country. They need to be abolished since they have no accountability for their actions. Any agent from the ATF that reads this and feels offended, I am sorry and it's the way I feel.
    peckman28 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Storm View Post
    Never like the ATF. The most abusive and hated Federal Law Enforcement Organization in the country. They need to be abolished since they have no accountability for their actions. Any agent from the ATF that reads this and feels offended, I am sorry and it's the way I feel.
    I guess everyone has the right to feel anyway they wish, but they don't have the right as the OP did to slander/libel
    non-political officials.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    I guess everyone has the right to feel anyway they wish, but they don't have the right as the OP did to slander/libel non-political officials.
    hopyard you need to review the law! I neither slandered nor libeled "the man" last time I check I still have free speach and I can qoute any news article! I remember an Lt who was following what he thought was lawful orders when his patloon when into a village and wiped out the village! So based on your position the field agents are to blindly follow orders and never question supervisers. by the way to get to "acting director" your have to be a political animal in any governmental food chain whether your in a LE role or paper pusher!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Unfortunately whistle blowing in the federal sector almost always turns out to be a nightmare for the whistle blower.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I am familiar with a Fortune 100 company that is a major aerospace and defense contractor. They are "process driven" and have "command media" that spell out everything that an employee is supposed to do in a given set of circumstances. Annual training in the "Code of Business Conduct" and signing a paper that states employees will conduct themselves in accordance with that code is mandatory.

Throughout all the documentation and the training, employees are constantly reminded of the "proper" way to report ethical and business violations, and they are "reassured" with standing policies that retaliation for reporting will be dealt with harshly. But here's the rub: if your actions "out" or embarrass anyone at the executive level, you WILL be out of a job, typically within 24 hours. You will get no severance, no subsidized continuation of benefits, and no unemployment because you were fired "at will" in a right-to-work state.

Further, actions such as sexual harassment charges are handled in "kangaroo court" style. I am aware of a case where an HR person verified the employee's claim but a week later changed her tune and told the same employee her claim was baseless. The employee pursued her claim in civil court, but unsuccessfully, costing her over $10K in legal fees, and ultimately, her job.

Bottom line is that the odds are stacked against whistleblowers, whether in public or private employ. At the end of the day, "processes" in place make little difference. If the enterprise is out to nail you, you will be nailed. The Silkwood triumphs are atypical.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Companies have such policies in writing b/c of lawyers and to CYA, nothing more.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I would say with the current political climate and fast & furious lingering I would lean toward taking that as a threat.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links