Fox News piece: UN gun control treaty will reveal gun laws Obama really support

This is a discussion on Fox News piece: UN gun control treaty will reveal gun laws Obama really support within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; From John Lott's website : "...The Obama administration is undoubtedly the most hostile administration to gun ownership in US history, with Obama having personally supported ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By Sig35seven
  • 2 Post By Sig35seven
  • 2 Post By HotGuns
  • 4 Post By HotGuns

Thread: Fox News piece: UN gun control treaty will reveal gun laws Obama really support

From John Lott's website:

"...The Obama administration is undoubtedly the most hostile administration to gun ownership in US history, with Obama having personally supported bans of handguns and semi-automatic weapons before becoming president. And remember the recent scandal where the Obama administration was caught allowing guns go to Mexican drug gangs, hoping it would help push for gun control laws."
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Obama the most hostile toward guns???Obama has done what exactly?????? You've got to be kidding.

"George Bush, Sr. who banned the import of "assault weapons" in 1989, and promoted the view that Americans should only be allowed to own weapons suitable for "sporting purposes."

"Governor Ronald Reagan of California who signed the Mulford Act in 1967, "prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street." The law was aimed at stopping the Black Panthers, but affected all gun owners."

"Twenty-four years later, Reagan was still pushing gun control. "I support the Brady Bill," he said in a March 28, 1991 speech, "and I urge the Congress to enact it without further delay."

"One of the most aggressive gun control advocates today is Republican mayor Rudolph Giuliani of New York City, whose administration sued 26 gun manufacturers in June 2000, and whose police commissioner, Howard Safir, proposed a nationwide plan for gun licensing, complete with yearly "safety" inspections."

"Republican, New York State Governor George Pataki, on August 10, 2000, signed into law what The New York Times called "the nation’s strictest gun controls," a radical program mandating trigger locks, background checks at gun shows and "ballistic fingerprinting" of guns sold in the state. It also raised the legal age to buy a handgun to 21 and banned "assault weapons," the sale or possession of which would now be punishable by seven years in prison."
    ericb327 and Dandyone like this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Senior Moderator
    Lets just hope that the system of checks and balances works as it shoud.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

John Lott is serving up big glasses of Kool-aid for those willing to drink. What a dishonest article.
    Dandyone and oldrwizr like this.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    President Obama signed guns in national parks into law! Still waiting after four years for him to come after my guns.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Senior Moderator
    John Lott is serving up big glasses of Kool-aid for those willing to drink. What a dishonest article.
    I can tell that you know little about John Lott because you knew John Lott, the last thing you would say is that he is dishonest. He's caught a lot of flack over the years because he changed his postition from rabid anti-gun fanatic to pro-gun once he started doing the research. Even his stuanch liberal enemies respect his work, and they dont accuse him of being dishonest, in fact, they have called him"brutally honest".

Nothing in that article that I can see is false.
    Spirit51 and oneshot like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I can tell that you know little about John Lott because you knew John Lott, the last thing you would say is that he is dishonest. He's caught a lot of flack over the years because he changed his postition from rabid anti-gun fanatic to pro-gun once he started doing the research. Even his stuanch liberal enemies respect his work, and they dont accuse him of being dishonest, in fact, they have called him"brutally honest".

Nothing in that article that I can see is false.
    Let's start with this..."Obama administration is undoubtedly the most hostile administration to gun ownership in US history" That statement is pure HYPE. You can't see that?

How do you justify this statement as being true? Tell me then, what has Obama done to be the 'most hostile to gun ownership in History'? The others I mentioned above were clearly much more hostile towards gun rights and deserving of that title.

Senior Moderator
    Listen to his words. Guns and the ownership of them are about the only thing he wont lie about.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Senior Moderator
    After some discussion it was decided to close this thread. Call it a preemptive strike.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Links