Will Smith's response - Page 3

Will Smith's response

This is a discussion on Will Smith's response within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; That they are but since so many people in this country are plugged in to hollywood vs the real world then it is no help ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Will Smith's response

That they are but since so many people in this country are plugged in to hollywood vs the real world then it is no help to society. Especialy when so many people cant think for themselves
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    I love what he said but he sure stammered a lot. Still, liberals put so much stock in what actors say it is good to see one make some sense on this subject.
    Exactly. Its nothing like Conservatives and geriatric rock stars such as Ted Nugent or geriatric celebrities such as the late Charleston Heston.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Finish it.

"But all anti gunners are raving liberals."
    Ronald "I hate Freedom and the 2nd Amendment most of all" Reagan was a liberal? What about George W. Bush and his eagerness to sign the AWB if only the GOP would have brought it to his desk in 2004? And we can't forget the fact Illinois would have had a CCW law in place if Republican Governor Edgar did not veto it. And of course there is famous conservative Michael Bloomberg who is a staunch anti-gunner.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Good to see a hollywood celebrity isnt afraid to speak such words for fear of damaging his career. Good Job Will Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Ronald "I hate Freedom and the 2nd Amendment most of all" Reagan was a liberal? What about George W. Bush and his eagerness to sign the AWB if only the GOP would have brought it to his desk in 2004? And we can't forget the fact Illinois would have had a CCW law in place if Republican Governor Edgar did not veto it. And of course there is famous conservative Michael Bloomberg who is a staunch anti-gunner.
    Seems a little revisionist to me.....
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    While I don't care what celebs think about politics, I know a lot of people look up to these professional liars (hmm.. maybe they are qualified to talk politics, after all), so I'm glad that some positive statements are being made on occasion. Maybe the ignorant masses will have a chord struck with them that will cause them to look into these things themselves. Doubtful, but you never know.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Please elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    While I don't care what celebs think about politics, I know a lot of people look up to these professional liars (hmm.. maybe they are qualified to talk politics, after all), so I'm glad that some positive statements are being made on occasion. Maybe the ignorant masses will have a chord struck with them that will cause them to look into these things themselves. Doubtful, but you never know.
    GD, it sounds like a lie is anything you don't agree with.

Seems like you are choosing to ignore the facts. The Brady Bill was supported by Reagan. The Machine Gun Ban was signed by him. I do believe that the Mulford act was signed by him. What about the import ban under Bush Sr. during his presidency? And we know that Clinton was an anti-gunner. But we do know Bush Jr. supported the AWB, the ban on automatic weapons, the importation of high capacity magazines, the sale of trigger locks mandatory with gun sales, raising the age to own a handgun to 21, and banning high capacity magazines.

George W. Bush on Gun Control

THis is an interesting and fun little read on the history of gun control. The Secret History of Guns - Adam Winkler - The Atlantic

Great to have a popular actor on "our side." One thing his words ought to show, however, is that these actors are just that - they're really good at reading lines. I'm about sick of actors getting top billing in discussions about important topics, unless it's about acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Seems like you are choosing to ignore the facts. The Brady Bill was supported by Reagan. The Machine Gun Ban was signed by him. I do believe that the Mulford act was signed by him. What about the import ban under Bush Sr. during his presidency? And we know that Clinton was an anti-gunner. But we do know Bush Jr. supported the AWB, the ban on automatic weapons, the importation of high capacity magazines, the sale of trigger locks mandatory with gun sales, raising the age to own a handgun to 21, and banning high capacity magazines.

George W. Bush on Gun Control

THis is an interesting and fun little read on the history of gun control. The Secret History of Guns - Adam Winkler - The Atlantic
    So what we have is Reagan, who might have been scared by the Black man. And George Jr. Who wants guns kept out of the hand of criminals. Believe it or not, Im for the instant background checks. I guess that makes me a Lib to...LOL

Edit to add: You make the assumption that I believe all of the people you mentioned were true conservatives. One might be, but the others have bought into the progressive movement....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    Please elaborate.
    People like to re-write history. An opinion peace here, an opinion peace there. Before you know it, it benefits your side of the story. Or are you wanting me to state my position on gun control....

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    GD, it sounds like a lie is anything you don't agree with.
    Not at all. I realize that truth exists, regardless of ascent to it or agreement with

Also, I was referring to actors being professional liars since they make a living being something they are not. It was rather tongue-in-cheek but it seems that wasn't conveyed accurately.
    kerberos likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Really? Sounds to me like exactly what happened.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links