Crime prevention punnishes honest citizens

This is a discussion on Crime prevention punnishes honest citizens within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This statement is about what I posted in another thread about how we are giving up our freedom.It used to be that in this country ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By mlr1m

Thread: Crime prevention punnishes honest citizens

This statement is about what I posted in another thread about how we are giving up our freedom.It used to be that in this country we valued freedom above all else. We proudly fought and many died protecting that freedom.

Our laws reflected that feeling of freedom first. We felt so strongly about it that only in cases where you have actually did harm to others was that freedom taken away from you.
    Under this policy of law making only those who harmed others lost some of their freedom.

Now it seems we have run out of laws that punish a person for harming others. Now we punish those who have done nothing to harm others. We punish them for what they might do. What they have the capabilities to do. We create these laws to prevent crime.
    Under this policy of law making everyone including the majority of good citizens have lost some of their freedom.

Michael
    wmhawth, DPro.40, Brad426 and 4 others like this.

I couldn't agree more. The only legitimate thing for the government to be doing is to punish those who harm others. It is, always has been, and always will be too incompetent to prevent much of anything, aside from the general free exchange of unencumbered people. That is not a goal worth pursuing.

My boy, I think you've got it!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Sponsored Links