Fear drives opposition to gun control

This is a discussion on Fear drives opposition to gun control within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Oh sweet jesus I have never read something so liberal in my life... CNN has managed to outdo itself... An excerpt from the article... last ...

Thread: Fear drives opposition to gun control

Oh sweet jesus I have never read something so liberal in my life... CNN has managed to outdo itself...

An excerpt from the article... last paragraph

In the land of the Second Amendment, nobody will take your guns away. But if you love your children, you should get rid of them voluntarily.
    Fear drives opposition to gun control - CNN.com

Emotions, and the need to control, drives the anti-gun movement, and fear is their primary weapon.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Why would I get rid of my guns? Ha...my kid loves them. My Dad taught me and I taught my son and he will teach his.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

That article was stupid....but most of them are.

No voluntary actions coming from this house. I love my guns and my 2nd amendment rights! Nuf said.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Fear has been used as a weapon pretty much since the beginning of time, this is nothing new.

The Mongols and Spartans certainly understood how to use it.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Actually, the author is on to something.
    If the liberals ever figure it out, we are doomed.

Just control the news. Only report feel-good stories. Soon, all will be singing Kumbaya, about Camelot and Sir Obamahad,
    And they will be able to convince the majority we no longer need those vicious, nasty guns.

The problem is that the news still needs bad news to make a profit (you know, if it bleeds, it leads).
    So, they will have to have government control over the news outlets.
    Either convince them it is what is right for all of us who are incapable of thinking for ourselves.
    Or, make them dependent on gov't money, because they can't make it on their own.
    The more dependent they are, the more they will publish what is "right for all."

The rest of what he has to say is bunk!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I read that and nearly spit my coffee all over the table. Crime stats may be down but I am only concerned with one specific crime, hence the firearm.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    There is nothing "liberal" about this article. If your going to apply labels, at least apply the correct ones. This article is just plain ignorant and stupid, using generalizations and distorting facts and "studies" to try to make a persuasive argument. It failed. The one thing it did get right is that American's don't want more "gun control" laws.

Fear drives (and has driven) most all maniacal behavior. When it happens in groups it's often a maniacal political movement.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I love my children, so I carry a gun. To make it more likely I get home. To defend them. And if need be to defend others and their children. It's pretty simple to me.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Sponsored Links