ICE-T defends gun rights - Page 2

ICE-T defends gun rights

This is a discussion on ICE-T defends gun rights within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It's still funny that a person whose signature song was "Cop Killer" would then go on to play one on TV for a decade....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: ICE-T defends gun rights

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    It's still funny that a person whose signature song was "Cop Killer" would then go on to play one on TV for a decade.
    Spade115 and Dennis1209 like this.
    Hakkaa päälle!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    Call me crazy, but I am a man who believes in second chances. Thank God for that.
    While I can seeing giving someone a second chance, the quote from him in the interview is not what we as responsible gun owners need representing us, IMO.

Ice-T: Yeah, it's legal in the United States. It's part of our Constitution. You know, the right to bear arms is because that's the last form of defense against tyranny. Not to hunt. It's to protect yourself from the police.
    bigmacque likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

He's right about protection from tyranny. He should have said, corrupt government officials rather than police.
    carracer, atctimmy and oakchas like this.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeK View Post
    He's right about protection from tyranny. He should have said, corrupt government officials rather than police.
    While I agree,his wording could have been better thought out...just like the Obama supporters who are quick to say "context is everything", I took it to mean defend yourself against the police IN THE EVENT OF TYRANNY,..Weren't the Gestapo considered the "secret police"

(In other words, there is historical FACT that citizens/groups have had to defend themselves against self-proclaimed "POLICE" {Gestapo} as a necessity.)

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I think archer51 makes a good point there.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    His personal history aside, it is nice to hear any voice in Hollywood speak about the constitution as a good thing, since Hollywood is all that many people look to.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Walk softly ...

I also see the "protect yourself from the police" comment as an endorsement of gun rights as the last line of defense against tyranny. With that in mind, I agree with him. That is the ultimate reason we should be armed.

Another Hollywood type who gets it.
    Why wouldn't he? Every movie he's ever been in involves firearms. Like to see a throw down match between Arnold and Ice myself.

"...The United States is BASED on guns." LOL That about sums it up really.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I used to listen to ICE-T when I went through my "gangsta rap" phase in junior high. I agree with everything he said. I too take the "protect your self from the police" comment in the context it was meant and totaly agree.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

Ice T knows!

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Even though he was very controversial, he was never afraid to say what was on his mind. And for him to support the 2nd Amendment makes me respect even more.:) And unlike other rappers, he served 4 faithful years in the Army even though it was not to his liking.

Quote Originally Posted by SamRudolph View Post
    It's still funny that a person whose signature song was "Cop Killer" would then go on to play one on TV for a decade.
    Who was it that said, "crime doesn't pay"?
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    I think he is judged too harshly as a gangster and thug. Do not forget that he was one of the old school rappers back in the 80s rap era. Only he moved on to gangsta rap in the early 90s and then to rap metal. With the exception of a warning letter from the FBI director for his "Cop Killer" album, he pretty much haven't got into any incidents with the police.

KSP
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    It's easy for me to expect Ice T's position. whether I admire & respect him is immaterial. He's smart, he's experienced the "real world", he's practical & he's not afraid to decide & express his OWN opinion. He even has an understanding of The Constitution. I'd have to know him better to decide if I "like" him but I can't judge that from here. I do like his position on the 2nd Amendment better I like those of several members of the US Congress.
    I listened to him on the Adam Carolla Podcast and he was an interesting cat, to use the parlance of our times. I agree with ghost tracker in that I can't say whether or not I'm a "fan" or ICE-T. But in this age of trite artificiality and pre-packaged fake reality, it's refreshing to hear an interesting person speak his mind.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links