ICE-T defends gun rights

This is a discussion on ICE-T defends gun rights within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by oldrwizr Yeah, I'm not really surprised a guy who makes his living selling garbage to hood rats is pro-gun. Not much of ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 47
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: ICE-T defends gun rights

  1. #31
    Member Array cltyus1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    Yeah, I'm not really surprised a guy who makes his living selling garbage to hood rats is pro-gun. Not much of a poster child there.

    People change, and on top of that, a lot of that stuff in music is entertainment and they do not really live it. It pays the bills. look at ice cube, he was in NWA, now he is the family man

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #32
    Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,211
    Quote Originally Posted by cltyus1 View Post
    People change, and on top of that, a lot of that stuff in music is entertainment and they do not really live it. It pays the bills. look at ice cube, he was in NWA, now he is the family man
    Just like Ice T he was never a full fledged gang member and also has a clean record, unlike other NWA members, Dr. Dre (assault charge against a talk show host) and the late Eazy E (drug dealer/Crip).

  4. #33
    Senior Member Array Cold Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    875
    If I remember correctly, one time on Letterman or Leno, ICE-T essentially admitted to committing "Heat" style bank robberies in L.A. back in the day, but didn't say much because of the statute of limitations in California.

    Heat is definitely one of my favorite movies. ICE-T is an ok rapper.

  5. #34
    Ex Member Array ComplexKaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    West coast
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Storm View Post
    Just like Ice T he was never a full fledged gang member and also has a clean record, unlike other NWA members, Dr. Dre (assault charge against a talk show host) and the late Eazy E (drug dealer/Crip).
    At least someone knows what they are talking about and didn't get caught up in the hype and media.

    Ice-T was never put on any set and if he was he was not an active member because if he was he would have a record especially considering the era in which he grew up. All the gangs that are in LA that have reputations built their reputations and notoriety in the 80's. The area in which he grew up in and the school he went to is in a blood hood. W/S Van Ness Gangster Brims but the school is ran by the W/S Rolling 60's NHC (Neighborhood Crips) along with the Rolling 40 NHC.

    If he was active member he would have been vouched for by OG 60 crip members such as Keitaroc, Lil Fee who are still alive and dead members like Marrocc and mumbles. On top of that rival gang members of the 60's, 40''s etc such as Monster Kody would have mentioned him and others such as Lil Monster, Joker, Crazy De etc would have been after him.

    It kills me when guys act like they never done anything in their youth and were angels. I know there are guys on this site who have been in trouble and more. There are police officers, military and others who caused trouble in their youth but changed their Lives.

    The gun community needs a voice right now and so what if its Ice-T.

  6. #35
    Member Array cltyus1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by ComplexKaos View Post
    At least someone knows what they are talking about and didn't get caught up in the hype and media.

    Ice-T was never put on any set and if he was he was not an active member because if he was he would have a record especially considering the era in which he grew up. All the gangs that are in LA that have reputations built their reputations and notoriety in the 80's. The area in which he grew up in and the school he went to is in a blood hood. W/S Van Ness Gangster Brims but the school is ran by the W/S Rolling 60's NHC (Neighborhood Crips) along with the Rolling 40 NHC.

    If he was active member he would have been vouched for by OG 60 crip members such as Keitaroc, Lil Fee who are still alive and dead members like Marrocc and mumbles. On top of that rival gang members of the 60's, 40''s etc such as Monster Kody would have mentioned him and others such as Lil Monster, Joker, Crazy De etc would have been after him.

    It kills me when guys act like they never done anything in their youth and were angels. I know there are guys on this site who have been in trouble and more. There are police officers, military and others who caused trouble in their youth but changed their Lives.

    The gun community needs a voice right now and so what if its Ice-T.

    You are right, had my fair share of arrests until I was about 20, no felonies stuck on my record thank God, now I have a daughter and walk a straight path . Even with the madness in saint Louis

  7. #36
    Ex Member Array ComplexKaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    West coast
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by cltyus1 View Post
    You are right, had my fair share of arrests until I was about 20, no felonies stuck on my record thank God, now I have a daughter and walk a straight path . Even with the madness in saint Louis
    Good that you changed.

    That's good because every one makes a mistake now it would be different if one continues to run afoul of the law when they should have learned their lesson.

    I know and know of former gang members who have done more positive work in their communities once they changed than many people who have never seen the back seat of a patrol car or inside of a jail. That's the honest truth because there are guys out there like that.

    Then you have guys who are Ice-T age who still go to jail and or prison. I don't even think Ice T has even been to jail lol.

  8. #37
    VIP Member Array chiefjason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Posts
    2,679
    Folks, when true tyranny takes hold it will be enforced by the police or military. Not talking junk, just looking at history. Just look no further than Lexington Green if you don't believe it.

    OH, and the response of the reporter is priceless. I expected him to start stuttering and fall out of his chair.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

    "Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

  9. #38
    VIP Member Array BugDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Gulf Coast of Florida
    Posts
    9,127
    Perhaps ICE-T was simply referring to the fuzz as a figurative representation of the man, the establishment, the tyrranical government......or perhaps not.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.


    Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

  10. #39
    Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by cltyus1 View Post
    People change, and on top of that, a lot of that stuff in music is entertainment and they do not really live it. It pays the bills. look at ice cube, he was in NWA, now he is the family man


    i10casual likes this.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

  11. #40
    Ex Member Array ComplexKaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    West coast
    Posts
    131
    Cube never did any kind of dirt, but he played the part well lol.

  12. #41
    VIP Member Array ghost tracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ky Backwoods
    Posts
    3,812
    Uh...guys? I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I haven't always been exactly a Choir Boy either. I am quite thankful for the statute(s) of limitations & deeply appreciate that the bad judgements of my past didn't & doesn't solely determine the man I've become. As a matter of fact, I have always given particular credibility to men who HAVE once been been (how can I put this?) uh, "less than righteous". I have set near-records for sins per minute & have been in jail in two countries NOT including the U.S. I have been callous, heartless & suppose I've been considered dangerous by my enemies. I have exchanged gunfire with the most earnest intent of killing my target, all the while hoping (praying) to avoid my target's fervent wish to kill me. I believe scars are tattoos...with better stories. So I am in NO POSITION to discredit a man who I DO NOT know for what he MAY or MAY NOT have done 25-30 years ago. If he's smart enough to understand that at least part of our Right to Keep & Bear is our protection from tyranny, then he's smart enough for me. If his checkered past has given him this perspective, then perhaps some of the anti-gun, buy the world a Coke, let's talk this out crowd should get scabbed-up a little to clear their thinking.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

  13. #42
    Guest Array Guest1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    home-astan(FINALLY)
    Posts
    1,125
    Anybody unsure if people can change,take a look at Adam Brown,a lowly crack head from Arkansas,that became a DEVGRU SeAL,so don't cast doubt.

  14. #43
    VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Franklin, VA
    Posts
    5,096
    Like it or not, if politicians ban guns, it won't be the mayor, governor or president who comes knocking at your door with a warrant, it will be the POLICE. Not the military, the POLICE. So I get his point, although it could have been better stated. Certainly I doubt most police look forward to confiscating citizens' firearms, it sounds like a super dangerous activity on a good day.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

    Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

  15. #44
    Ex Member Array oldrwizr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Durham, N.C.
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by cltyus1 View Post
    People change, and on top of that, a lot of that stuff in music is entertainment and they do not really live it. It pays the bills. look at ice cube, he was in NWA, now he is the family man
    So it doesn't matter how someone represents himself as long as he's only doing it for money? Okaaaaaaay. I guess you're entitled to an opinion.

  16. #45
    Member Array i10casual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    297
    No he hates cops, but that's just him and his experiences. To each their own. He was a crip by association because of where he grew up in high school. He was born upper middle class, both his parents died within one year and bam, he has to move to the getto with relatives. It's not like middle class kids who join gangs, everyone is affiliated if you live in that neighborhood. There is no, I don't bang, they ask what street you live on and label you.

    He was military, a Ranger, airborn maybe. Ice used this knowledge to knock off business when he got out. He considered it a victimless crime since the places he robbed had insurance (I know that's a cop out.) All his friends went to jail and told him, "Yo Ice you wouldn't like it here." He listened and decided to go into music, then got a break acting. He has been mostly an actor for about ten years.

    He is not a good role model or spokes person for anyone. He is a criminal that got out of the game, that is what he would tell you. But he is American as apple pie and very good at expressing his right to free speech.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

can't expect peace on stolen land
,
ice cube at first i was like but then i was all
,
justice on stolen land
,
lil fee crip
,
lil fee monster kody
,
mumbles from 60 crip
,

never have justice on stolen land

,
you cant have justice on stolen land
,

you will never have justice on stolen land

,

you'll never have justice on stolen land

,
you'll never have justice on stolen lands
,

youll never have justice on stolen land

Click on a term to search for related topics.