ICE-T defends gun rights

This is a discussion on ICE-T defends gun rights within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by oldrwizr Yeah, I'm not really surprised a guy who makes his living selling garbage to hood rats is pro-gun. Not much of ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: ICE-T defends gun rights

Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    Yeah, I'm not really surprised a guy who makes his living selling garbage to hood rats is pro-gun. Not much of a poster child there.

People change, and on top of that, a lot of that stuff in music is entertainment and they do not really live it. It pays the bills. look at ice cube, he was in NWA, now he is the family man

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cltyus1 View Post
    People change, and on top of that, a lot of that stuff in music is entertainment and they do not really live it. It pays the bills. look at ice cube, he was in NWA, now he is the family man
    Just like Ice T he was never a full fledged gang member and also has a clean record, unlike other NWA members, Dr. Dre (assault charge against a talk show host) and the late Eazy E (drug dealer/Crip).

If I remember correctly, one time on Letterman or Leno, ICE-T essentially admitted to committing "Heat" style bank robberies in L.A. back in the day, but didn't say much because of the statute of limitations in California.

Heat is definitely one of my favorite movies. ICE-T is an ok rapper.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Storm View Post
    Just like Ice T he was never a full fledged gang member and also has a clean record, unlike other NWA members, Dr. Dre (assault charge against a talk show host) and the late Eazy E (drug dealer/Crip).
    At least someone knows what they are talking about and didn't get caught up in the hype and media.

Ice-T was never put on any set and if he was he was not an active member because if he was he would have a record especially considering the era in which he grew up. All the gangs that are in LA that have reputations built their reputations and notoriety in the 80's. The area in which he grew up in and the school he went to is in a blood hood. W/S Van Ness Gangster Brims but the school is ran by the W/S Rolling 60's NHC (Neighborhood Crips) along with the Rolling 40 NHC.

If he was active member he would have been vouched for by OG 60 crip members such as Keitaroc, Lil Fee who are still alive and dead members like Marrocc and mumbles. On top of that rival gang members of the 60's, 40''s etc such as Monster Kody would have mentioned him and others such as Lil Monster, Joker, Crazy De etc would have been after him.

It kills me when guys act like they never done anything in their youth and were angels. I know there are guys on this site who have been in trouble and more. There are police officers, military and others who caused trouble in their youth but changed their Lives.

The gun community needs a voice right now and so what if its Ice-T.

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexKaos View Post
    At least someone knows what they are talking about and didn't get caught up in the hype and media.

Ice-T was never put on any set and if he was he was not an active member because if he was he would have a record especially considering the era in which he grew up. All the gangs that are in LA that have reputations built their reputations and notoriety in the 80's. The area in which he grew up in and the school he went to is in a blood hood. W/S Van Ness Gangster Brims but the school is ran by the W/S Rolling 60's NHC (Neighborhood Crips) along with the Rolling 40 NHC.

If he was active member he would have been vouched for by OG 60 crip members such as Keitaroc, Lil Fee who are still alive and dead members like Marrocc and mumbles. On top of that rival gang members of the 60's, 40''s etc such as Monster Kody would have mentioned him and others such as Lil Monster, Joker, Crazy De etc would have been after him.

It kills me when guys act like they never done anything in their youth and were angels. I know there are guys on this site who have been in trouble and more. There are police officers, military and others who caused trouble in their youth but changed their Lives.

The gun community needs a voice right now and so what if its Ice-T.

You are right, had my fair share of arrests until I was about 20, no felonies stuck on my record thank God, now I have a daughter and walk a straight path . Even with the madness in saint Louis

You are right, had my fair share of arrests until I was about 20, no felonies stuck on my record thank God, now I have a daughter and walk a straight path . Even with the madness in saint Louis
    Good that you changed.

That's good because every one makes a mistake now it would be different if one continues to run afoul of the law when they should have learned their lesson.

I know and know of former gang members who have done more positive work in their communities once they changed than many people who have never seen the back seat of a patrol car or inside of a jail. That's the honest truth because there are guys out there like that.

Then you have guys who are Ice-T age who still go to jail and or prison. I don't even think Ice T has even been to jail lol.

Folks, when true tyranny takes hold it will be enforced by the police or military. Not talking junk, just looking at history. Just look no further than Lexington Green if you don't believe it.

OH, and the response of the reporter is priceless. I expected him to start stuttering and fall out of his chair.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Perhaps ICE-T was simply referring to the fuzz as a figurative representation of the man, the establishment, the tyrranical government......or perhaps not.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar

i10casual likes this.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Cube never did any kind of dirt, but he played the part well lol.

Uh...guys? I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I haven't always been exactly a Choir Boy either. I am quite thankful for the statute(s) of limitations & deeply appreciate that the bad judgements of my past didn't & doesn't solely determine the man I've become. As a matter of fact, I have always given particular credibility to men who HAVE once been been (how can I put this?) uh, "less than righteous". I have set near-records for sins per minute & have been in jail in two countries NOT including the U.S. I have been callous, heartless & suppose I've been considered dangerous by my enemies. I have exchanged gunfire with the most earnest intent of killing my target, all the while hoping (praying) to avoid my target's fervent wish to kill me. I believe scars are tattoos...with better stories. So I am in NO POSITION to discredit a man who I DO NOT know for what he MAY or MAY NOT have done 25-30 years ago. If he's smart enough to understand that at least part of our Right to Keep & Bear is our protection from tyranny, then he's smart enough for me. If his checkered past has given him this perspective, then perhaps some of the anti-gun, buy the world a Coke, let's talk this out crowd should get scabbed-up a little to clear their thinking.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Anybody unsure if people can change,take a look at Adam Brown,a lowly crack head from Arkansas,that became a DEVGRU SeAL,so don't cast doubt.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Like it or not, if politicians ban guns, it won't be the mayor, governor or president who comes knocking at your door with a warrant, it will be the POLICE. Not the military, the POLICE. So I get his point, although it could have been better stated. Certainly I doubt most police look forward to confiscating citizens' firearms, it sounds like a super dangerous activity on a good day.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

So it doesn't matter how someone represents himself as long as he's only doing it for money? Okaaaaaaay. I guess you're entitled to an opinion.

No he hates cops, but that's just him and his experiences. To each their own. He was a crip by association because of where he grew up in high school. He was born upper middle class, both his parents died within one year and bam, he has to move to the getto with relatives. It's not like middle class kids who join gangs, everyone is affiliated if you live in that neighborhood. There is no, I don't bang, they ask what street you live on and label you.

He was military, a Ranger, airborn maybe. Ice used this knowledge to knock off business when he got out. He considered it a victimless crime since the places he robbed had insurance (I know that's a cop out.) All his friends went to jail and told him, "Yo Ice you wouldn't like it here." He listened and decided to go into music, then got a break acting. He has been mostly an actor for about ten years.

He is not a good role model or spokes person for anyone. He is a criminal that got out of the game, that is what he would tell you. But he is American as apple pie and very good at expressing his right to free speech.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links