Great Quote from T.J.

This is a discussion on Great Quote from T.J. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is from this morning's Patriot Post. "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While ...

Thread: Great Quote from T.J.

Great Quote from T.J.

This is from this morning's Patriot Post.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, 1785

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Nice one. I like it.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Links