Obama calls for measures against gun violence.

This is a discussion on Obama calls for measures against gun violence. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If you WANT an AK-47, AR-15,& hi-capacity magazines ,,,, you better get them as soon as possible. ....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Obama calls for measures against gun violence.

If you WANT an AK-47, AR-15,& hi-capacity magazines
    ,,,, you better get them as soon as possible.
    “A few elitists shouldn't rule the many. ”
    Better to have a 380 in your pocket than a 45 at HOME.
    When seconds count, police are minutes away.

2. Remove Ads

This thread isn't going to a happy place so we'll close it for now.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

JD
    Administrator
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em. Except for Doodle, he's quitting.

This thread is open for business. Personally, I think it's daft to accept any additional restrictions of our firearms rights. Obviously there are those in this nation, and even within the firearms community, who don't feel that way and find further curtailment of their firearms rights to be palatable.

A debate is acceptable but high emotion and personal attack is unacceptable.
    JD, beararms and bklynboy like this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

“A lot of gun owners would agree that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals,” Mr. Obama said at the annual National Urban League convention in New Orleans.

I like how politicians and those opposed to the right to bear arms play on what is obvious. The "war" on keeping guns away from criminals is a futile thinking the "war on drugs" will be won.

As to the AK-47 issue/possible ban..........

Dr. Susan Hupp testified in front of Congress (in the '90's) on why good Americans obeying bad gun laws leads to death and suffering and why assault weapons should not be banned. Be sure to listen to what she says starting around 4:50.
    Dr. Suzanna Hupp testimony (Better Quality) to Congress on the Second Amendment - YouTube

beararms likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em. Except for Doodle, he's quitting.
    He's quitting?? As in, not to post here again?
    Stop whining and go make a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

So they want to ban assault rifles but it is the hand gun that a vast majority of BG's use every day... it's rare that I hear about an assault rifle is used in a crime.

Mr Obama thinks all rifle owners hunt deer with automatic assault rifles according to his speech... I think he is out of touch a tad on guns...

well, someone needs to tell him, I doubt anyone hunts deer with an automatic assault rifle. Scheesh!
    beararms likes this.
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Obama chooses his words very carefully, but they become empty under mild scrutiny.

When he says ""I think a lot of gun owners would agree that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals," it sounds good to the average listener. Most people only know that a quote "AK-47" is a scary machine gun that rappers use to spray bullets everywhere. Obama pretends to side with 'gun owners', by saying that they, specifically, will agree with him. But what are we supposedly agreeing with? Criminals should not have "AK-47s"?Really? It's already illegal for felons to own any guns, but Obama has managed to imply that he will work to protect us, by preventing criminals from buying "AK-47s" at Wal-Mart.

Next -- and this is where the devious manipulation comes in -- he chooses "soldiers" as the opposite of "criminals". With his sleight of hand, he manages to make you nod your head in agreement with the obvious, and simultaneously nod in agreement that only soldiers should have "AK-47s". The average listener has just agreed that We The People should not be allowed to own scary guns. And we feel good, because Obama is protecting us from criminals.

I can think of 2 things that would help our country... Capital punishment for convicted murderers, and people shooting back when they are attacked. We've been letting people get off easy for far too long. The idea has to be stuck in the back of their (criminals) minds... if I do this, I will end up dead. As Uncle Ted says, "I don't like repeat offenders -- I like DEAD offenders."

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    By "extremists" I assume you mean Patriots, and those who believe in the Constitution as it was written.
    I sure hope he means that.

The second ammendment:
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Article 1: Section 8.
    The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States

I use my military howitzer with colored munitions to paint by numbers in large feilds. Sometimes I signal the mothership by marking areas for crop circles.

So I think if the governtment really wants to ban a specific gun because it is more dangerous then I have a suggestion. You see, this tool... errr um weapon if you will can easily be defeated with a strip of tape. Put the tape at the muzzle, pulling it back towards the gunman and voila! A safety mechanism on a nail gun makes it much much more dangerous than any modern firearm with multiple complex saftey systems.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    Obama chooses his words very carefully, but they become empty under mild scrutiny.

When he says ""I think a lot of gun owners would agree that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals," it sounds good to the average listener. Most people only know that a quote "AK-47" is a scary machine gun that rappers use to spray bullets everywhere. Obama pretends to side with 'gun owners', by saying that they, specifically, will agree with him. But what are we supposedly agreeing with? Criminals should not have "AK-47s"?Really? It's already illegal for felons to own any guns, but Obama has managed to imply that he will work to protect us, by preventing criminals from buying "AK-47s" at Wal-Mart.

Next -- and this is where the devious manipulation comes in -- he chooses "soldiers" as the opposite of "criminals". With his sleight of hand, he manages to make you nod your head in agreement with the obvious, and simultaneously nod in agreement that only soldiers should have "AK-47s". The average listener has just agreed that We The People should not be allowed to own scary guns. And we feel good, because Obama is protecting us from criminals.

I can think of 2 things that would help our country... Capital punishment for convicted murderers, and people shooting back when they are attacked. We've been letting people get off easy for far too long. The idea has to be stuck in the back of their (criminals) minds... if I do this, I will end up dead. As Uncle Ted says, "I don't like repeat offenders -- I like DEAD offenders."
    I dont believe he has chosen his words carefuly by any means. He makes this big statement that a majority of gun owners (whom he does not speak for) feel a certain way? Where does he get this from? Not only does he not have the pulse of gun owners but the statement juat oozes, rather gushes with complete arrogance.

Not knocking your opinion. I just cant chill out over that one statement. The overal picture is much bigger but his saying that, well Ill probably be banned from this forum if I describe how that insult feels.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by Cook74 View Post
    So they want to ban assault rifles but it is the hand gun that a vast majority of BG's use every day... it's rare that I hear about an assault rifle is used in a crime.

Mr Obama thinks all rifle owners hunt deer with automatic assault rifles according to his speech... I think he is out of touch a tad on guns...

well, someone needs to tell him, I doubt anyone hunts deer with an automatic assault rifle. Scheesh!
    I didn't hear him say "automatic assault rifle" (illegal to hunt with) or even relate hunting to assault rifles.
    Even though I do know people who hunt deer with their "semi" automatic assault rifles.

PS. I will go back and listen to the speach again.
    Last edited by AZJD1968; July 27th, 2012 at 02:04 AM. Reason: added post script

Why is it when there is a senseless act of gun violence the politicians and anti gun folks rush to come out with senseless reactions to "fix" it all. Also much of the media jumps on the same band wagon, example: The 6000 rounds issue. The reality of 6000 rounds has not real value. However it most likely is being used for shock value to the uneducated concerning weapons and ammunition. "Oh my God he bought 6000 rounds?"
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Why worry about 6000 rounds? You can't fire that many consecutivety, plus they're already paid for. What he should've considered was confiscating them after this low lifes court case, re-issueing them to law enforcement and saving some taxpayer money. Next he's gonna say we need some bomb control and that bombs should only be used by the military.. wait a minute! (slapping myself in the forehead) What's next? High capacity magazines and laser sights? I mean.. what would criminals use them for? Sorry for the rant but the only good gun control is steady aim.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Many of us have warn that this was the goal and that little at a time they would chip away at our rights. We were beat with post after post of how Obama was not interested in any gun control and would not try to take you rights.
    Well here we are in the next step the time was right we hear words like any reasonable gun owner would agree, labels like military style, AK47 assault weapon we only what to deal with those.
    Watch for step two .
    Here in Wisconsin we had those that denied that one party would move to repeal CC and castle doc, well listen up they came out of the closet last week and admitted it was their goal all a long.
    All you need to do is listen to and read the words they say . Truth is something they are not interested in the goal is to take your Second Amendment rights away.
    beararms likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links