Obama calls for measures against gun violence. - Page 5

Obama calls for measures against gun violence.

This is a discussion on Obama calls for measures against gun violence. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Harryball If re-elected I fear the will be wide spread change. At this point, nothing will be done. Like another poster said, ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Obama calls for measures against gun violence.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    If re-elected I fear the will be wide spread change. At this point, nothing will be done. Like another poster said, we a to close to an election....
    The only way he can get something passed will be if he gets both houses of congress under Democratic control.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    A lot of gun owners would agree that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals, Mr. Obama said at the annual National Urban League convention in New Orleans.
    Not anyone who knows anything about our military. The AK47 will be found in the hand of the enemy, not our soldier, so why would we want them there? I'd prefer the enemy have airsoft guns.
    Ionracas likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I think a more accurate quote would be:

A lot of gun owners would agree that politicians should be muzzled, so intelligent discussions can be held"
    Ionracas and beararms like this.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    The only way he can get something passed will be if he gets both houses of congress under Democratic control.
    In terms of new legislation, that's true. But that still leaves him with control of BATFE and potential SCOTUS appointments. Seems to me he could do plenty of damage to our rights over the next 4 years even without a Democratic Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    That has not stopped him from using Executive orders in ways they were never meat to be I am sure he can come up with something.
    beararms likes this.

What I find so amusing, is that every time an incident like the Aurora shooting occurs, gun sales go up exponentially, as do applications for CC permits (if applicable) in that state.

That is not your average gun owner going out and stocking up, that is a whole pile of fence sitters that finally woke up and made a decision, or at the very least, realized that the Police and Military are not going to be there to protect them when they need them.

To be sure, there will be many an ugly thing coming down the pipe regardless of who wins the next election.

This country as a whole as wandered waaaayyyy off the path that this country was founded on - regardless of party affiliation.

Obama wins, we will see nasty gun laws that will only impact the law abiding [and gods help me, and mentally stable] citizen, who would never do these things that the grass eaters are so afraid of....among other issues that he has been very quiet on. His statement was a veiled shot across the bow, and intentionally vague enough to leave him that wiggle room that won't come back to bite him in the butt - not that it matters. Second term, what's to loose?

Romney wins, and we get a religious faction views on many issues made into law (or in some cases - repealed). Remember that Freedom of Religion thingy??? He may or may not support the current stance on the 2A and leave it alone - another issue that he has been very quiet on. There's a fun hold card to see what happens when it get's turned over.

Choose your evil ladies and gentlemen. R or D. Extremists on both ends of the scale. No third choice here. You are going to loose on an issue or thirty that you would just as soon have left alone.

If the worst should happen, all we can do is hope that the next wackjob career politician that gets put in the high chair in 4 years can undo what was done.
    Doghandler and bklynboy like this.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by AZJD1968 View Post
    He's quitting?? As in, not to post here again?
    nah just quit smoking... I am not going anywhere.

Edit: btw I hope this was a comment out of concern and not hope. This could be read 2 ways.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Sponsored Links