Obama calls for measures against gun violence.

This is a discussion on Obama calls for measures against gun violence. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Don't know how long this one will last, but we need to know what is being said. Obama calls for measures against gun violence - ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Obama calls for measures against gun violence.

Obama calls for measures against gun violence.

Don't know how long this one will last, but we need to know what is being said.

Obama calls for measures against gun violence - Washington Times
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

I think the mods already shut down a similar thread earlier but I agree that we need to keep up with this. No offense to the mods, is their responsability and I respect that they have been here longer to know what happens in these threads.

I read a quote from Obama earlier saying that, "I think that the majority of gun owners would agree the AK-47 belongs on the battlefeild." Im getting ready for work but will try to dig up the link real quick to reference my quote.

VVV Read down there under edit. I had a lapse in thought VVV
    Last edited by Ionracas; July 26th, 2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: My bad, its the same article you posted.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Senior Moderator
    I am willing to let this one stand if we keep politics out of it and talk strictly gun control.

I do think that there will be a push for all gun sales to require a background check, including private sales. I don't know how thsi can be accomplished without gun registration.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    In the first place. IMHO Obama will not chance any gun control measures this close to a national election as he can not afford to lose the support of any liberal or moderate gun fanciers. His statement about assault type rifles belonging on the battle field only reenforces his lack of understanding about the scope of violent crime in big cities. Inner cities are a battle field. The gangs, drug cartels and organized thieves are the axis of evil just as surely as the Germans under Hitler, the Japanese under Hiroheto, the Italians under Mousilini, the Viet Kong and radical Islam. This Nation is going to hell in a hand-basket and when I go to hell, I want to be holding something besides a basket in my hand.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    So, I like the bit at the end about 'criminals, fugitives, and mentally unbalanced people'... but I don't believe him for a second.

In his attempt to keep the aforementioned people from getting their hands on 'illegal guns', I -personally- believe he will just make it more difficult for all the rest of us to get our hands on what we want and can legally own.
    beararms likes this.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Ahhhhhhhhh the "July Surprise" then again, we always knew this would come sooner or later.
    The Old Anglo and Bad Bob like this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    I think the mods already shut down a similar thread earlier but I agree that we need to keep up with this. No offense to the mods, is their responsability and I respect that they have been here longer to know what happens in these threads.

I read a quote from Obama earlier saying that, "I think that the majority of gun owners would agree the AK-47 belongs on the battlefeild." Im getting ready for work but will try to dig up the link real quick to reference my quote.

VVV Read down there under edit. I had a lapse in thought VVV
    That line is in this article.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

If re-elected I fear the will be wide spread change. At this point, nothing will be done. Like another poster said, we a to close to an election....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    More fluff to keep the liberals/conservatives happy. This will meander around Congress/Senate until after the election.So they can all say "we are working on it"

Obama ‘out of the closet’ on gun control; O’Reilly unrepentant

President Barack Obama, using rhetoric from the gun prohibition lobby, told the National Urban League convention in New Orleans that semiautomatic military-style firearms “belong on the battlefield of war, not on the streets of our cities.”

Obama

I just got back from picking up my uniforms at my mothers laundrymat and she has the TVs tuned to all the major media outlets. Without putting all my personal life out here, shes a major bandwagoner whos never had an original thought for as long as Ive known. Not to mention shes always looking for free handouts in life. Though I cant speak, she does my laundry for free lol. So she starts preaching that we need to ban automatic rifles and pump action shotguns and have tougher background checks. Oh and she said we shouldnt buy ammo online. When I told her you can buy it at WalMart and there is no background check for ammo she replied with, I didnt know that.

I asked her why and she had nothing else to say. Then I threw in my .02 and she just lit up a ciggarette and stared across the street.

I have nothinf against people having an opinion that differs from mine. Freedom of speech is one of thoes great things about this country. But why is it thoes who want to take our rights have no problem exercising theirs, especialy without cause or reason?
    Spirit51 and The Old Anglo like this.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    The comment also goes to show his lack of understanding of the 2A. Yes, we like to point out the part where it allows us weapons for self defense, but it is also to ensure the security of a free State; thereby indicating that military type arms should be in the hands of "the people". He says he respects the 2A, but how can he if he doesn't understand what it means?

I thought he was supposed to be a constitutional scholar?
    Walk softly ...

Obama has to say something to appease the left. He can't go on and remain silent on such a currently sensitive subject. Sounds like political yap. Let's see if anything comes of it.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

I find it troubling how comfortable he is with bypassing Congress. How much more so would he be in his second term. Fast&Furious might just be the beginning.
    Bad Bob likes this.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    The comment also goes to show his lack of understanding of the 2A. Yes, we like to point out the part where it allows us weapons for self defense, but it is also to ensure the security of a free State; thereby indicating that military type arms should be in the hands of "the people". He says he respects the 2A, but how can he if he doesn't understand what it means?

I thought he was supposed to be a constitutional scholar?
    One of the big reasons we didn't lose the Revolutionary War? - We had similar/identical weaponry on both sides. You can't win a war using nothing but bolt action rifles and .32 revolvers. (Well, China probably could... )

If we ever need to be able to 'defend ourselves from the government' in a physical way, we will need 'assault type' (semi-auto) rifles. ..at least until we can get their 'assault' rifles that are full auto. (But, I probably wouldn't want one of those- I'd waste too much ammo) I can understand not wanting civilians to have full auto weapons, but that doesn't mean that ALL of them should be banned.

On the same note, I don't think stupid people should procreate. Hasn't stopped them. If anything, they're getting worse. I also think that 90% of the people I see driving 'trucks' and SUVs shouldn't even have driver's licenses. Doesn't make any difference. When the government starts limiting things like that- since more people do more damage with an SUV they can't drive than almost ANYONE with a gun- then I will be MUCH more accepting of 'gun control' regulations. As it stands...

beararms likes this.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links