Senators try to sneak gun control in cybersecurity bill.

This is a discussion on Senators try to sneak gun control in cybersecurity bill. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Oops started a new thread about this one... sorry.... anyways are there any updates. Last I heard the Senate was voting on this today? did ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Senators try to sneak gun control in cybersecurity bill.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Oops started a new thread about this one... sorry.... anyways are there any updates. Last I heard the Senate was voting on this today? did it originate in senate or house? And if so do you think it will pass the house. God I hope not. I am so damn sick of the congress eliminating my rights illegitimately.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Instead of trying to create monolithic pieces of legislation, they should take each issue and make it a separate piece of legislation and let it stand or fail on its own merits (or lack thereof). Just think what they might have been able to do with budget reduction if they would just vote on the things that people could actually agree upon!

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamDahl View Post
    Instead of trying to create monolithic pieces of legislation, they should take each issue and make it a separate piece of legislation and let it stand or fail on its own merits (or lack thereof).
    For the past three decades, I've thought this should be the case. But it would be filling in all the holes of the "cookie jar."

Any bets on the likelihood of this ever becoming a constitutional amendment, requiring it?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    For the past three decades, I've thought this should be the case. But it would be filling in all the holes of the "cookie jar."

Any bets on the likelihood of this ever becoming a constitutional amendment, requiring it?
    They couldn't even get the ERA (Equal Rights Amendment) to pass...

Of course, the Constitution SHOULD be difficult to change. I just wish that laws were as difficult to enact, especially ones that want to limit our rights as free men.

These days, we need a Balanced Budget Amendment. It's really a sad thing that we need one in order to get the Congress-Critters to do what they are SUPPOSED to do in the first place -- BE FISCALLY RESPONSIBLE.

Most problems in life can be solved with sufficient quantities of high explosives -- or penicillin...

I HATE CENSORSHIP !!!

More info about me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links