this should make your blood boil...

This is a discussion on this should make your blood boil... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; There were quite a few "straw man" arguments in that video....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: this should make your blood boil...

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    There were quite a few "straw man" arguments in that video.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    There were quite a few "straw man" arguments in that video.
    From Michael Moore!? Gasp!
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I'd rather watch Laurel and Hardy and actually learn something.
    bmcgilvray and DPro.40 like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Any thing with Michael Moore makes my blood boil!

Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    quoting what Michael Moore said in this vodeo " why do people in the suberbs that don't live in the city,why do you have a handgun in the house? what is the point of that? because your afraid little freckle faced jimmy down the street is going to hurt you someday,i don't think so" end quote - if you weren't sure of the absolute stupidity of this guy,this should erase all doubts!!
    Well, to reply to Michael Moore and his statement about fearing the pimply faced Jimmy down the street......

pimply faced.jpg

I rest my case. Leave my right to have guns for self protection alone, you big fat idiot.....
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

MIchael Moore is another useless commie.

Strange how both of them use the 1st amendment in their professions yet are quick to attack the 2nd amendment.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    *"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
    illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream
    media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end**.**" Author Unknown

Trying to control crime with gun control laws is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today
    facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."
    Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Plato:
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.

Martin Luther King, Jr.:
    Cowardice asks the question, 'Is it safe?' Expediency asks the question, 'Is it politic?' Vanity asks the question, 'Is it popular?' But, conscience asks the question, 'Is it right?' And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because one's conscience tells one that it is right.

“The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand, arms, like laws, discourage and keep the invader and the plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. The balance of power is the scale of peace. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside. Horrid mischief would ensue were one half the world deprived of the use of them; the weak would become a prey to the strong.”
    – Thomas Paine

Bozo the Clown has more credibility than Michael Moore.
    Piers is an idiot from some non-descript little island whos butt we kicked so long ago, and has little , to no significance whatsoever.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    He is on the top of my punch in the face list.

Michael Moore
    Rosie O'Donnel
    Hillary Clinton
    Michael Bloomberg
    Rush Limbaugh

I hate Michael Moore but I did agree with his opinion on the case we can't talk about.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    He is on the top of my punch in the face list.

Michael Moore
    Rosie O'Donnel
    Hillary Clinton
    Michael Bloomberg
    Rush Limbaugh

I hate Michael Moore but I did agree with his opinion on the case we can't talk about.
    Brother, your list is to short. As for Moore he is a douche.....

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Moore is ignorant. Ya let's enact stricture gun laws, that'll solve all our problems. Insane people will stop being insane, and criminals will turn legit all across the country. My goodness, why didn't we think of this before?

You know what will stop heinous crimes? Heinous punishments. The consequences of crime are not strong enough to deter someone from doing it. I am not saying that the death penalty is necessarily a good thing, but for heavens sake, someone murders another human being and they get 20 years, but then are out after 12 on good behavior. It needs to be embedded in every Americans thick skull that if you do heinous things to other human beings, we the people will make the rest of your sad miserable life a living hell. After a jury of your peers decides your guilty that is.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Brother, your list is to short. As for Moore he is a douche.....
    That's just my top five!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post

Trying to control crime with gun control laws is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
    perfect

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post

Holy crap, that's frigging genius. Well said Oneshot.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links