Good LTE in the anti-RKBA Roanoke times

This is a discussion on Good LTE in the anti-RKBA Roanoke times within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Letters: Medicaid expansion will be expensive - Roanoke.com Gun violence, politics and delusional people Here we are again, faced with a terrible tragedy of senseless ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DaveH

Thread: Good LTE in the anti-RKBA Roanoke times

VIP Member

Thumbs up Good LTE in the anti-RKBA Roanoke times

Letters: Medicaid expansion will be expensive - Roanoke.com

Gun violence, politics and delusional people

Here we are again, faced with a terrible tragedy of senseless loss of innocent, unsuspecting people due to a gun in the hands of another probably delusional person.

The quick fix for most politicians will be: Ban guns. The more complex solution will be ignored. That solution would be to fix the mental health system laws.

I worked as a psychiatric nurse for many years. I have supported several parents who were frustrated that they could not get psychiatric help for their mentally ill child because that child was not suicidal or making homicidal threats toward others. The parents knew something serious was wrong with their child. The system said their child had rights, and could not be forced into care.
    There is the problem, politicians. But I know you will continue to say it is guns, not the person behind the guns.

As of today, we have not heard that the Colorado movie killer has mental problems. He is just the right age for a schizophrenic break.

Let's see what develops.

Meanwhile, the politicians will look toward gun control. Too bad. That's just the way it is.

DAWN SWISTA
    K
    MONETA

Well done, Dawn.

FWIIW, I will give the RT credit for publishing a few good LTEs and Op/Eds

Rock and Glock likes this.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    It is refreshing to see when the RT pubishes a LTE like this one.

DAVE, did you check to see if Dan is on vacation and let it slip through?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post

If he is, I'd love to hear his response when he gets back.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

One of the best pieces I've read in the news in a long time.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I was thinking the same thing, although Casey actually surprised me in his column regarding the recent VCDL picnic in the park.

Here's a link to the article:

http://blogs.roanoke.com/dancasey/20...een-hill-park/
    Last edited by Sontag; July 29th, 2012 at 04:48 PM.

VIP Member
    You don't think Dan is actually changing his mind about guns do you? NAAAAAAAAAAA ain't gonna happen! But I admit, it was a good article.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member

FWIIW, I happen to know that Dan is away -- at Floyd Fest.

However, it is Christian Trejbal and Carole Tarrant that I am wondering about being MIA.

Joking aside, the RT does publish a few good pro-RKBA LTEs and has even published an Op/Ed from the president of VCDL.

The RT is still very anti. However, they do allow some opposition voice -- maybe only to stir the pot and generate more revenue in blog views/comments.

I will confess that I stir their pot regularly.

But the amen choir doesn't think that there is no counterpoint.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

@DaveH-
    I'm Jason on Dan's blog forums. :)

My pot stirring has dropped way down. The number of people there who will discuss the issue in good faith is down to almost zero now. Dan has admitted that he will make decisions based on emotion rather than reason. And Sandi, good god....

VIP Member

Thumbs down As anticipated -- the counter LTE

Letters: Stop fretting over Romney's returns - Roanoke.com

Where's the outrage over assault weapons?

When is common sense going to prevail in this country? That anyone other than the military or police can have any use for assault weapons beggars the imagination.

How many massacres of innocents have to take place before we are screaming for controls? The gun lobby has done a vast disservice to our country in fighting controls over any types of weapons. Surely, the Founding Fathers could not have envisioned scenarios like Virginia Tech, Tucson or Aurora or they would have had the common sense to limit the right to bear arms.

HAZEL BRAY
    HARDY
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Well the author of that letter didn't exactly come out and say that guns are not a problem, she just correctly pointed blame to a more likely cause.

And BTW the news is reporting that Holmes' defense attorney is trying to get his letter to the University psychiatrist thrown out of evidence due to patient-doctor confidentiality. Seems to me, as has elsewhere been reported, that he was "under psychiatric care" to some degree.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Links