Scalia "Open" To Gun Control?

This is a discussion on Scalia "Open" To Gun Control? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; GeorgiaDawg you said it. With Bill Oreily, Scalia, Michael Savage and many others saying semi autos and big mags should be banned I have to ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Scalia "Open" To Gun Control?

GeorgiaDawg you said it.
    With Bill Oreily, Scalia, Michael Savage and many others saying semi autos and big mags should be banned I have to conclude this is an orchestrated plan in full swing.

This time they will get it done because all the ruling elite want it.
    They know themselves that it's absurd to suggest we can all be protected from theater maniacs that kill 12 and injure others by banning semi auto.
    That is not the real reason they all (right and left elite) want this.

The real reason is they see real problems with the collapse coming and they want to protect themselves ( the 1% 'ers ).
    They don't want us commoners to have anything that will threaten them.

You people keep arguing about cannons and nukes and are missing the point of this thread.
    The one thing we have to protect ourselves with any possibility of success is semi autos and that is what we are going to loose.

It apears to me that the right and left elite are selling us down the river.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Closet_Rambo View Post
    :SNIP:
    You people keep arguing about cannons and nukes and are missing the point of this thread.
    The one thing we have to protect ourselves with any possibikity of success is semi autos and that is what we are going to loose.
    If or when they are successful in taking the semi-autos they will then go after all repeating rifles.

Michael
    TN_Mike likes this.

Yes they must!

and since two 6 shot revolvers, one in each hand, could kill 12 people in a movie theator in 4 seconds ... one of those must be surenderd too.

... no wait ...

We must only be allowed a single shot pistol ... and one round.

When you fire that one round ... send in the empty shell to redeem it for a shiny new cartrige ... which will be sent in 10 busines days via parcel post.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    And THAT ladies and gentleman is where the vast majority of pro gun folks make the mistake that I am convinced will be the downfall of us all. You have equated being conservative with being pro gun. I would venture to guess that you probably also equate being liberal with being anti gun. There is no line to draw. Guns are not a republican or democratic or conservative or liberal issue. If you let yourself believe that they are then your doing EXACTLY what the Brady campaign wants you to. Your convincing all of those non anti gun democrats that to be a democrat you also have to be anti gun. Please, don't help the Brady campaign.
    Exactly the point most people seem to overlook. My wife has been a Kennedy style Democrat her whole life, but she's owned more gun than I have, has a CC permit and is a better shot than anyone I know. OTOH, while many lament the election of our current President, if you check his record you'll see that his predecessor was no real friend to the NRA or gun owners. Too many people vote for the party and not the issues and while it may sound cold, a majority of American voters selected our current administration and now they are getting what they voted for. Let's hope we'll have learned something about voting for someone because of party affiliation or because it's PC instead of their qualifications and experience.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy View Post
    Hardly surprising, in his majority opinion in Heller, Scalia noted that no right is absolute, even citing Near v. Minnesota (which held that the First Amendment does not bar a law that makes it illegal to publish the positions of US ships and troops in times of war and upheld a prior restraint of that speech). He also noted in Heller that restrictions regarding who may own a weapon, where they may bear it and what types of weapons they might keep and bear were clearly allowed under the Second Amendment, but when on to say that ruling on these questions was beyond the scope of the issue in front of the court. At the same time, the Heller court held that it was not reasonable to to restrict an entire class of weapons (ie, handguns) that are uniquely suited to self defense.

There will likely be an issue by issue, case by case battle in the coming years over what what the constitutionally permitted limitations of the RKBA really are.
    Quote Originally Posted by rachilders View Post
    Exactly the point most people seem to overlook. My wife has been a Kennedy style Democrat her whole life, but she's owned more gun than I have, has a CC permit and is a better shot than anyone I know. OTOH, while many lament the election of our current President, if you check his record you'll see that his predecessor was no real friend to the NRA or gun owners. Too many people vote for the party and not the issues and while it may sound cold, a majority of American voters selected our current administration and now they are getting what they voted for. Let's hope we'll have learned something about voting for someone because of party affiliation or because it's PC instead of their qualifications and experience.

Yes but he appointed 2 rabidly anti-gun members to the surpreme court who will be there for at least the next 30 years. This is worse than any legislation

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links