My response to the Gun Grabbers in the wake of Colorado

This is a discussion on My response to the Gun Grabbers in the wake of Colorado within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I posted this on Facebook earlier, but I thought I'd throw it out here for comment too :) I really don't understand the calls by ...

Thread: My response to the Gun Grabbers in the wake of Colorado

I posted this on Facebook earlier, but I thought I'd throw it out here for comment too :)

I really don't understand the calls by the Gun Control crowd right now. The Colorado shooting had a police response under two minutes, the fastest I've EVER heard of, and 72 people were shot with 12 unfortunate souls dead.

This is the time for the gun banners to [shut up] and find something really interesting on the wall to stare at. How different would it have been if every adult in that place had been armed and trained in responsible and accurate handling of firearms? Not everyone would have had a shot, but SOME would.

Of course, if it were physically possible to prevent any private citizen from owning firearms... or even snap your fingers and cause all firearms to cease to exist; don't forget that this guy wired his place to explode. How many more would have been killed or maimed if he had used explosives instead of a gun?

Lets punish the deed, not the only effective tool for self defense.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Distinguished Member
    The thing the idiots who call for gun control don't seem to realize is that laws only serve to punish AFTER THE FACT. The only ones who follow said laws are law-abiding citizens, of whom they are likely to not do anything anyway. Yes, there have been a few who have "gone off the deep end" but those people are going to find a way to express themselves regardless of what is lawful. But it is an emotional response to a problem which makes them feel like they are in control and can do something about it, when they likely can't. They aren't willing to admit defeat - that certain things are not completely unavoidable. And therein lies the problem.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links