Senate is voting on CyberSecurity Bill w/ amendment "high cap magazines".

Senate is voting on CyberSecurity Bill w/ amendment "high cap magazines".

This is a discussion on Senate is voting on CyberSecurity Bill w/ amendment "high cap magazines". within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Does anyone have any information on the status of this Cyber security bill with a backdoor amendment to ban high cap magazines as the govt ...

Thread: Senate is voting on CyberSecurity Bill w/ amendment "high cap magazines".

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar

Question Senate is voting on CyberSecurity Bill w/ amendment "high cap magazines".

Does anyone have any information on the status of this Cyber security bill with a backdoor amendment to ban high cap magazines as the govt likes to call it?

Last I heard it was going to the Senate today, to my understanding this originated in the senate, so it probably still has to go to the congress, I am guessing they will vote it down but I dont really know. I mean everyone wants to be safe from internet terror haha oh my God spare me....
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member
    The bill should be defeated even if the amendment wasn't there. It isn't good.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    The bill should be defeated even if the amendment wasn't there. It isn't good.
    Is that a hope or a prediction?
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    Is that a hope or a prediction?
    Not a prediction but a statement. It is something that should be defeated. It is not good and so needs to be defeated. I know it is hard to read what I wrote and know what was meant. I was struggling with how to word it then and am not sure I nailed it this time either.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Here is a link to the latest data: The Cybersecurity Act Of 2012 Goes Up For Debate In The Senate Tomorrow | WebProNews

or

NRA-ILA | Anti-gun senators offer gun control amendment for cybersecurity bill

Simple internet search of: Cybersecurity Act 2012 with gun control amendment

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Sponsored Links