BATF guns linked to crimes in NY last year purchased in Virginia.

This is a discussion on BATF guns linked to crimes in NY last year purchased in Virginia. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The beat of the anti-RKBA mantra goes on. Report shows 407 guns linked to NY crime were purchased in Va. | WTVR.com Report shows 407 ...

Thread: BATF guns linked to crimes in NY last year purchased in Virginia.

VIP Member

Thumbs down BATF guns linked to crimes in NY last year purchased in Virginia.

The beat of the anti-RKBA mantra goes on.

Report shows 407 guns linked to NY crime were purchased in Va. | WTVR.com

Report shows 407 guns linked to NY crime were purchased in Va.

Posted on: 11:47 pm, July 30, 2012, by Jake Burns and Alix Bryan

[video]

Richmond, Va. (WTVR)–A report released Monday, by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms found that 407 guns linked to crimes in New York last year were originally purchased in Virginia. Henrico Delegate Joe Morrissey voted against the repeal of Virginia’s One Hand Gun A Month law that passed the General Assembly earlier this year.

SNIP

“Mark my words, in 2013, when ATF comes out and they say, ’My God, 800, 1,000 crimes were linked to Virginia,’ you can trace it right back to the General Assembly’s– in my opinion–very poor decision to eliminate the one hand gun per month,” said Morrissey.
    The process for purchasing a handgun in New York requires fingerprinting, character references and background checks.

Philip Van Cleave, president of the Virginia Citizen Defense League, thinks the state’s less stringent handgun purchasing laws make little difference.

“We had the one gun a month when those statistics were taken, yet states that didn’t have it had lower amounts of guns going to New York than we did,” said Van Cleave.

SNIP
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Yep, another attempt by the BATFE to distract folks from their criminal gun running scandal. Bloomberg will laud the BATFE for this exciting revelation.

VIP Member
    Makes one wonder if bloomberg’s straw buyers have been at it again.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I wouldn't put it past that POS to be funding the purchases and making sure they get into the hands of criminals,kinda like his own little "Fast and Furious" USA version
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links