Gun owners debate in wake of Aurora tragedy

This is a discussion on Gun owners debate in wake of Aurora tragedy within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gun owners debate in wake of Aurora tragedy - CNN.com CNN has sunk to new lows. This is the most bizarre piece I've seen and ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By WT
  • 2 Post By oakchas
  • 3 Post By oakchas

Thread: Gun owners debate in wake of Aurora tragedy

Gun owners debate in wake of Aurora tragedy - CNN.com

CNN has sunk to new lows. This is the most bizarre piece I've seen and read in a long time. They couldn't find an anti-gun person to debate a pro-gun one, so they found an "anti-gun" gun owner! The guy owns guns but wants to see a bullet registry and ban large capacity magazines. I watched the video and just shook my head the whole time.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

WT
    What a strange view that man has.

["Do you own guns?]

"Yes."

["Do you enjoy having guns?"]

"No."

I'd be happy to take them if they're such a burden.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

that bald guy is an moron… do you own an assault rifle?.... Yes: but I don’t think anyone else should!!
    After all I am the only one that I can trust

Stupidest thing I've ever seen.

There's just so much wrong with this... I believe it was deliberately staged to make ALL gun owners look like idiots, whether they were in favor of further restrictions or not...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

okay I watched nearly the whole stupid thing...

A convicted felon, who had to earn his rights to firearms back and a Canuk ex-pat who only carries his guns to protect himself from bears... and the neighbors...

STAGED STAGED STAGED....

C'mon to my house CNN, put me up against either one of these rubes... I could win, even playing for the side I disagree with...

Can't leave my attitude at the door on this one... it's stupid, it's staged, and it was a complete waste of my time...
    rigel42 and BenGoodLuck like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

You've got to watch the media just like you need to watch our own government. Freedom of speech.......we all know that included lies until the government stepped in about fictitious lies about veterans' affairs just recently. Anything else still goes. CNN? How can they be more reliable than the local news? More money? Higher paid commentators? The media........how many just can't get it right? 9 dead....12 wounded. 14 wounded, 9 dead. 11 dead, 10 wounded. Just change the channel and you'll get a different story. The media is free to say what they want (apparently protected more than any other constitutional right). The facts? Close gets it when it makes headlines. The media...........our very weakness as a society, and society's weakest making the calls. Quote me on this. Evil at it's best since it seldom prioritizes seeking the truth but would rather serve discontent and negative things to the public over anything good in order to create interest.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    that bald guy is an moron… do you own an assault rifle?.... Yes: but I don’t think anyone else should!!
    If he is a moron he is not alone. He has a whole lot of company in the gun community. While I have no pro gun friends that are in favor of a total ban on all firearms. I do have many pro gun friends who are perfectly willing to compromise so long as they get to keep the firearms they enjoy. In 1984 I believe it was I tried to get my pro gun friends to call and voice their opposition to that years gun law that pretty much killed the ability of your average Joe to purchase a machine gun. Most of my friends were deer or fowl hunters and could see no reason for a person to own a machine gun. Look at the heated arguments on this forum when it comes to how other people decide to carry their weapons.

I believe that the person we are discussing is more mainstream in his thinking than we would like to think. Perfectly willing to ban or restrict other peoples rights so long as theirs are left alone.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    If he is a moron he is not alone. He has a whole lot of company in the gun community. While I have no pro gun friends that are in favor of a total ban on all firearms. I do have many pro gun friends who are perfectly willing to compromise so long as they get to keep the firearms they enjoy. In 1984 I believe it was I tried to get my pro gun friends to call and voice their opposition to that years gun law that pretty much killed the ability of your average Joe to purchase a machine gun. Most of my friends were deer or fowl hunters and could see no reason for a person to own a machine gun. Look at the heated arguments on this forum when it comes to how other people decide to carry their weapons.

I believe that the person we are discussing is more mainstream in his thinking than we would like to think. Perfectly willing to ban or restrict other peoples rights so long as theirs are left alone.

Michael
    I used to be one of those guys... you know... "reasonable controls"... Sure, I can live with those...

And then I look at the last bastion of gun control... Chicago... and I see that regulating firearms does not stop killing..

And I look at Norway which is even more liberal than Chicago... and I see a man with a pistol and a rifle can kill 70 people...

And I look at Aurora.. and I see one nut who chose to use an after-market extended magazine in his rifle... and discovered what so many of us already know... they don't work all that well.

Loughner's weapon, used on Giffords was a Glock with a 30 round mag... it is unknown if all thirty shots were fired, though he was stopped by a gang tackle when he went to reload.. maybe the mag functioned through it's capacity, maybe not.

We taxed automatic weapons back in the bad ol' days in Chicago... as a means of regulation.. but they're still available, and legal in some states... but except for the IHOP shooting with a supposedly illegally altered automatic weapon (I have no confirmation of this), I haven't heard of automatic weapons being used in an assault or mass murder....

After McVeigh, you couldn't get some types of fertilizer... it wasn't regulated out of existence either, BTW... and you can still buy it...

And that didn't stop the Aurora killer from making bombs.... functional bombs.

Regulating arms... or for that matter, any inanimate object, will not stop crime... will not stop mass murderers...

The Va.Tech Shooter use a glock and a P22 with standard mags... and killed 32 people and one monster...

I used to be one of those "mainstream" folks you suggest are out there... I hope many more will take the time to look at the facts, and come to the same conclusion I have.

Hardly likely with debates that are staged... with no real exposure of all the facts...

Shame, that.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    Its like Tom Cruise talking about Scientology. In an interview Cruise said only he could help people in a car wreck. Cuz we all know man made religion trumps medical training.

I cant watch this garbage. I dont even have cable. Follow the media ans your missinformed, dont follow and your uninformed.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    okay I watched nearly the whole stupid thing...

A convicted felon, who had to earn his rights to firearms back and a Canuk ex-pat who only carries his guns to protect himself from bears... and the neighbors...

STAGED STAGED STAGED....

C'mon to my house CNN, put me up against either one of these rubes... I could win, even playing for the side I disagree with...

Can't leave my attitude at the door on this one... it's stupid, it's staged, and it was a complete waste of my time...
    Couldn't have said it better myself. CNN is downright despicable.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    The title of your thread is somewhat missleading. It should read: Two stooges paid by CNN to read scripts and make gun owners look stupid!
    Walk softly ...

Sponsored Links