The History of the Second Amendment

This is a discussion on The History of the Second Amendment within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here's a great article tracing the history of the Second Amendment: THE HISTORY OF THE SECOND AMENDMENT The article presents a very thorough and exhaustive ...

Thread: The History of the Second Amendment

VIP Member

The History of the Second Amendment

Here's a great article tracing the history of the Second Amendment:

THE HISTORY OF THE SECOND AMENDMENT

The article presents a very thorough and exhaustive analysis of the origins of the second amendment.

It concludes, in part:

"English history made two things clear to the American revolutionaries: force of arms was the only effective check on government, and standing armies threatened liberty. Recognition of these premises meant that the force of arms necessary to check government had to be placed in the hands of citizens." (Emphasis added)
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

2. Remove Ads

Yes......the basics, and the history. Pretty soon it will all be history. Great articles....great people, great principles.............
    The history behind what is lost is seldom important unless the lost think history is worth saving.

VIP Member
    I agree with you that if we don't defend our rights we will lose them. The fight begins with education. From personal experience, I know that people who have been opposed to guns and gun rights can be convinced. But we have to take the time and make the effort to convince them. I won't ever give up my right to bear arms and to self-defense.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Excellent post.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Links