Gun store goes on radio supporting the ban in internet sales of ammo. - Page 2

Gun store goes on radio supporting the ban in internet sales of ammo.

This is a discussion on Gun store goes on radio supporting the ban in internet sales of ammo. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; With friends like him, the pot-lickers in D.C. don't need the anti-gunners....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Gun store goes on radio supporting the ban in internet sales of ammo.

OD*
    With friends like him, the pot-lickers in D.C. don't need the anti-gunners.
    Sig 210, msgt/ret and DPro.40 like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I would equate this to the native americans supporting a ban on internet gambling. Frustrating and dissapointing.
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by MadPollack View Post
    he didnt know that the shooter in co. did have a goverment job at DARPA thats how he got the $20,000 worth of ammo and riot gear and other than that this man is highly ill informed and in my opinion i dont think he should have his ffl.
    Really? What is your source for that?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

That's disappointing. I'd expect it up here but....

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Hey, go easy on the guy. I would support a ban on my competitors also
    He also profiles people before selling to them and says that he's "not in it for the money." Says he profiles to be responsible basically.

On another note, he's claiming that if not as much ammo sells as it seems to do online, then the factory stockpile will grow and then offer him lower prices. Then, he passes the savings on to the customer.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    On another note, he's claiming that if not as much ammo sells as it seems to do online, then the factory stockpile will grow and then offer him lower prices. Then, he passes the savings on to the customer.
    Yeah, right. Because factories would never produce less if demand was less, right? And if demand remains the same but the competition is DRASTICALLY reduced, prices will go down? The guy IS in it for the money, at the expense of every one of us, whether we buy ammo over the net or not...
    mprp and Sig 210 like this.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Heres my email to them after I posted everything on TXCHLForum.com

Way to go,ban online ammo sales so you can jack the price up without competition,what next limit magazine capacities,then semi auto rifles with detachable magazines,A couple of quotes come to mind
    Don't bite the hand that feeds you
    Don't crap where you eat.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

As far as him being in it for the money, I don't believe that. When I hard to renew my CHL he was offering the best deal in town. And that was before he moved the store and opened the range. Ranges I have been a member of in the past required you to buy the ammo you shoot there. Jeremy has no problem with me showing up with my hand loads.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    As far as him being in it for the money, I don't believe that. When I hard to renew my CHL he was offering the best deal in town. And that was before he moved the store and opened the range. Ranges I have been a member of in the past required you to buy the ammo you shoot there. Jeremy has no problem with me showing up with my hand loads.
    But you can also argue that he is doing that for repeat business. There are two ranges in Memphis that are prett well known. The one I go to only requires their ammo if your shooting 223/556. They have an in house resturaunt and overall a lot of great deals and classes. The other range has fewer lanes and classes as well as higher prices. I hear customer service is pretty good and ths owner is a little better known, maybe even nationaly.

Frankly unless there is bad service and a poor reputation, Ill put my money towards the cheaper one with more to offer. Its a no brainer. Repeat business = more income.

Personaly I never understood supply and demand. If something is in demand meaning MORE people want it, why jack up prices and eliminate thoes who might not be able to afford it? Lower your prices and more will come to you. Sure you may take an initial hit paying your suppliers but if you have MORE customers than the other guys it will come in time.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Oh this infuriates me. I went to his grand opening but I'll never spend another dime there now.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Total boycott!!!!!!!.

Been in the store twice. Was unimpressed. Prices are typical gun shop inflated. Didn't price ammo. Staff (both times) were not very friendly. I wasn't going back before this post and now I have no need to return at all. I will give the owner the benefit of the doubt that he is not well versed on how the antis work, this shunning by forum folks will be a painful lesson. Somebody tell this knucklehead he could sell ammo online, it's a good business. I buy lots from ma and pa gun shops online.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    I cant believe this guy as he says if this is what it will take to shut them up, and not 10 seconds earlier he said they will never stop. Then goes on to say he's not in it for the money. It sounds like thats all he's in it for.
    Does this guy listen to himself.

Mr. Alcede is under the delusion that "giving them" the online ammo issue will quiet them. Then goes on to say they will never stop. He contradicts himself in the first 30 seconds of his interview.

I wonder if he actually believes what he is talking about.

Mr. Alcede, please.

We "give them" nothing.

Your agenda is obvious.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    Personaly I never understood supply and demand. If something is in demand meaning MORE people want it, why jack up prices and eliminate thoes who might not be able to afford it? Lower your prices and more will come to you. Sure you may take an initial hit paying your suppliers but if you have MORE customers than the other guys it will come in time.
    You're ignoring the other half of the equation - the supply side. If supply is down and demand is up, prices go up - rarer goods. If supply is up and demand is down, prices go down - to get stuff off the shelves. More people coming to you does you no good if you can't get resupplied, so you have to make as much now as possible b/c you won't be making any more money on that particular good until the supply side is reestablished.

And email sent.
    Last edited by nedrgr21; August 1st, 2012 at 11:59 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links