Gun store goes on radio supporting the ban in internet sales of ammo. - Page 3

Gun store goes on radio supporting the ban in internet sales of ammo.

This is a discussion on Gun store goes on radio supporting the ban in internet sales of ammo. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by mcp1810 As far as him being in it for the money, I don't believe that. When I hard to renew my CHL ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Gun store goes on radio supporting the ban in internet sales of ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    As far as him being in it for the money, I don't believe that. When I hard to renew my CHL he was offering the best deal in town. And that was before he moved the store and opened the range. Ranges I have been a member of in the past required you to buy the ammo you shoot there. Jeremy has no problem with me showing up with my hand loads.
    In a previous post, you say you've only met him a few times but now you're defending him and speaking of him on a first name basis like you guys are bestfriends.

Let's face the facts, he contradicted himself rather quickly. I can't see anything but greed here.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by MadPollack View Post
    he didnt know that the shooter in co. did have a goverment job at DARPA thats how he got the $20,000 worth of ammo and riot gear and other than that this man is highly ill informed and in my opinion i dont think he should have his ffl.
    He has no source because he is misinformed. "If he found it on the Internet, it MUST be true!"

The TX CHL Forum already had a post running,this is not going to end well for him,once you let the cat out of the bag unless you shoot it it ain't going back in the bag
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by RemMod597 View Post
    Mr. Alcede is under the delusion that "giving them" the online ammo issue will quiet them. Then goes on to say they will never stop. He contradicts himself in the first 30 seconds of his interview.

I wonder if he actually believes what he is talking about.

Mr. Alcede, please.

We "give them" nothing.

Your agenda is obvious.
    Students of modern history know that appeasement and "giving in" didn't work for Neville "peace in our time" Chamberlain and England, and it won't work today.
    RemMod597 and jem102 like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Its all about the money: Drive the online ammo retailers out of business and make big bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Yeah, right. Because factories would never produce less if demand was less, right? And if demand remains the same but the competition is DRASTICALLY reduced, prices will go down? The guy IS in it for the money, at the expense of every one of us, whether we buy ammo over the net or not...
    But does how much or how often we shoot depend on how many retailers sell ammo? Demand is not created by who sells the ammo it is created by those who buy the ammo. I know of one small shop in my area that when the post election panic buying set in was put out of business because they could not get ammo from their wholesaler. If they wanted to stock their shelves they would have to buy retail themselves because their orders were so small. Having to buy retail, and make a profit on each sale to pay the bills, they had to pass that additional expense on to customers. But if they marked up enough to cover all their expenses they could not compete price wise with Walmart, Gander Mountain, Academy Sports, or Bass Pro who have the warehouse space to buy ammo by the tractor trailer load, much less the on line sellers who did not charge sales tax.

As far as being in it for the money and it being at our expense, as far as I know he is a capitalist, as are most small business owners. So I guess in a way you would be correct in saying that. But after my limited dealings with him and some of the other shops in the area ( Collectors Firearms, Fountain Firearms, Carters Country) I didn't find his prices or service to be out of line. As far as range fees go he is right there with Top Gun and Memorial Shooting Center.

Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    But you can also argue that he is doing that for repeat business. There are two ranges in Memphis that are prett well known. The one I go to only requires their ammo if your shooting 223/556. They have an in house resturaunt and overall a lot of great deals and classes. The other range has fewer lanes and classes as well as higher prices. I hear customer service is pretty good and ths owner is a little better known, maybe even nationaly.

Frankly unless there is bad service and a poor reputation, Ill put my money towards the cheaper one with more to offer. Its a no brainer. Repeat business = more income.

Personaly I never understood supply and demand. If something is in demand meaning MORE people want it, why jack up prices and eliminate thoes who might not be able to afford it? Lower your prices and more will come to you. Sure you may take an initial hit paying your suppliers but if you have MORE customers than the other guys it will come in time.
    Ok so if he makes you buy his ammo he is greedy but if doesn't make you buy his ammo he is greedy?

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    In a previous post, you say you've only met him a few times but now you're defending him and speaking of him on a first name basis like you guys are bestfriends.

Let's face the facts, he contradicted himself rather quickly. I can't see anything but greed here.
    Our kids go to school together and a couple of weeks ago he and a neighbor coralled a wandering little yappy dog in my back yard so we could find out who it belonged to.
    We are not best friends but in my dealings with his business he has always treated me right and given me good value for my dollar.

As far as him being evil or greedy for wanting to eliminate competition by getting rid of on line sales through legislation, I am curious. Would you say he is more or less evil and greedy than Harley Davidson? Lets not forget that way back in 1984 a big import tariff increase (from 4.5% to 49%) was put on all imported motorcycles over 700cc to help their business. Should we all boycott Harley because of that?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Well considering how close his shop is to Ammunition to Go, I can see where he might want to get rid of the internet ammo dealers.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    What a d-bag

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    It sounds like he spoke without thinking the whole thing through. Unfortunately, supporters of the 2nd amendment can't take those kind of chances. The other side will use it to their every advantage.

Ok so if he makes you buy his ammo he is greedy but if*doesn't*make you buy his ammo he is greedy?*
    I didnt say he was being greedy. Im saying business wise hes being smart. Would you really want a business without repeat customers? If you scare off each customer then you have to rely soley on newer customers. Not to mention if people do not intend to return then they likley wont reccomend the business to others.

It is possible to want a business for more than just the income. I like places that make you feel welcome and like a friend. But at the end of the day if your not making profit then what else really matters? If you cant keep the place running, you cant have all that other stuff. Just an empty storefront.

So no, Im not saying hes greedy but in my opinion it is obsurd to think it has nothing to do with money.

So you bring your own ammo and hes cool with that. Thats great really, like I said its smart. But trying to do away with the online competition is most definatley about money. How many people complain about WalMart vs small business? Its the same thing. There is also that whole thing of he is supporting the antis. It may not be how he feels but it certainly helps pressure competition.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

As far as him being evil or greedy for wanting to eliminate competition by getting rid of on line sales through legislation, I am curious. Would you say he is more or less evil and greedy than Harley Davidson? Lets not forget that way back in 1984 a big import tariff increase (from 4.5% to 49%) was put on all imported motorcycles over 700cc to help their business. Should we all boycott Harley because of that?
    What does Harley-Davidson have to do with our 2A rights?
    I mistrust anyone who is willing to concede anything having to do with our 2A rights.
    Sig 210 likes this.
    MEMOR ET FIDELIS

OD*
    After an investigation by the US International Trade Commission, President Reagan imposed in 1983 a 45% tariff on imported bikes over 750 cc. In 1987, H&D was competitive enough to ask the Reagan administration to lift the tariffs a year early, the only American company to ever do so.

I seriously doubt this gun-store owner would ever do anything similar.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by MadPollack View Post
    he didnt know that the shooter in co. did have a goverment job at DARPA thats how he got the $20,000 worth of ammo and riot gear and other than that this man is highly ill informed and in my opinion i dont think he should have his ffl.
    Yeah, and I heard he was a "stand up guy" until he started staring at goats.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Jeremy, the gunstore owner, will be back on the air today around 2 or 2:30.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Jeremy, the gunstore owner, will be back on the air today around 2 or 2:30.
    This ought to be interesting.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links