Gun store goes on radio supporting the ban in internet sales of ammo.

This is a discussion on Gun store goes on radio supporting the ban in internet sales of ammo. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Jeremy called me about 11 this morning and we talked for about twenty minutes. He said he was trying to call everyone that left a ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Gun store goes on radio supporting the ban in internet sales of ammo.

Jeremy called me about 11 this morning and we talked for about twenty minutes. He said he was trying to call everyone that left a number.
    He told me that what he and Matt Patrick had talked about and what came over the air were not quite the same thing. He is going to be on the air again on AM 740 this afternoon and again on 950 tomorrow morning at six something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    I didnt say he was being greedy. Im saying business wise hes being smart. Would you really want a business without repeat customers? If you scare off each customer then you have to rely soley on newer customers. Not to mention if people do not intend to return then they likley wont reccomend the business to others.

It is possible to want a business for more than just the income. I like places that make you feel welcome and like a friend. But at the end of the day if your not making profit then what else really matters? If you cant keep the place running, you cant have all that other stuff. Just an empty storefront.

So no, Im not saying hes greedy but in my opinion it is obsurd to think it has nothing to do with money.

So you bring your own ammo and hes cool with that. Thats great really, like I said its smart. But trying to do away with the online competition is most definatley about money. How many people complain about WalMart vs small business? Its the same thing. There is also that whole thing of he is supporting the antis. It may not be how he feels but it certainly helps pressure competition.
    Part of the issue with on line sellers is that they do not have to charge sales tax unless they are based in the state where the buyer is. That gives them an unfair advantage. There is a good bit more to the money side of it but I did not ask if I could divulge certain things so I wont. But I challenge anyone in the area to go to his store, check his ammo prices and find a better deal anywhere in the Houston area.

Quote Originally Posted by RemMod597 View Post
    What does Harley-Davidson have to do with our 2A rights?
    I mistrust anyone who is willing to concede anything having to do with our 2A rights.
    The protectionist policy that benefitted Harley has as much to do with our 2A rights as on line sales do. Which is absolutely nothing. The only way the banning of on line sales would prevent you from exercising your 2A right would be if there were some legal reason you could not purchase ammo at a brick and mortar retailer. And if that is the case you should not be buying ammo on line anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Jeremy, the gunstore owner, will be back on the air today around 2 or 2:30.
    When we talked he said he thought it would be about 2:40. He has a better understanding of the issue as we see it now.

Just for the record, this guy now employs 41 people. About 70% of his employees are veterans. He is very active in the community and has done a lot to support causes I believe in. He has talked with some of the political active folks and he now aware of some things he was not aware of before. When someone can I hope they would link the follow up interviews so he can speak for himself and set the record straight.
    I have stuff to do for a while and if I don't see anything when I get back I will see what I can do as far as an update.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

2. Remove Ads

Response to the “owner of Tactical Firearms supports online ammo sales ban”

First, I want to get it out there that I DO NOT support an ammo sales ban. I am never comfortable with any idea that puts “firearms” or any “firearms related item” and “ban” in the same sentence. I am not a traitor to the 2nd Amendment. I believe all law abiding citizens should be able to possess as many firearms as they want. Fear is used as a tactic regularly and after the most recent scare with the UN Treaty, I must admit that I felt threatened. Threatened that they would sign something into law that banned firearms and this ammo deal seemed like an easy compromise. Here, have the ammo deal but keep your eyes off of my guns.

My opinion on the online sales ban was clearly made out of being uneducated in the way that laws are passed. I honestly did not see an issue with banning online sales of ammo. I have never purchased ammo online, even before I opened this store 2 years ago, so I really didn’t think stopping online sales would be a big deal. I said “if you give them an inch, they will take a mile” and I truly did not believe that this was giving them anything. The phone calls and emails that I have received have told me a completely different story. The outraged citizens that heard my radio interview and took the time to call or email to voice their opinion, also took the time to talk to me, to explain to me where I am missing the point. I had no idea how passing something into law works and how allowing online sales to be banned opens the door for that law to be amended to change the type of ammo, or the amount, or caliber… the list goes on and on.

When the comments and emails started coming in after the interview I definitely did not understand the anger. Some people claimed my statement was based on greed, based on profit- and this is absolutely not the case. My prices are competitive with online pricing and in most cases after shipping I beat online prices. I do not gouge our customers like some have speculated. Tactical Firearms is the largest class III dealer in the US, 1 of 3 master distributors of Fiocchi Ammunition, and I strive to offer the best customer service to everyone that walks through the doors. My business runs on volume and the prices are set to drive that volume. My opinion was not formed from fear of competition but the lack of experience with purchasing ammo online and the lack of knowledge of politics.

I am all about protecting our rights, including our right to privacy. When they passed the law that requires the Southern states to file multi-rifle reports I upgraded our FFL to become a manufacturer so that, by law, I was not required to file those reports anymore. I was contacted by the ATF and asked if I would please still file them as a courtesy and I let them know that it wasn’t going to happen.

I have posted contact information for our local government on our Facebook page Tactical Firearms | Facebook and urged our customers to contact them and fight for our rights. The idea that anyone believes that I support anything anti-gun is heartbreaking but this experience has certainly opened my eyes and I have learned a lot in these past 24 hours. I see it now. I feel foolish for thinking there was such thing as compromising in this regard. Matt Patrick with 740 AM has invited me back on the show tomorrow morning 8/3/2012 to clear the air.

I thank those that didn’t just comment on a forum and then turn the other way but contacted me directly. Your input has had great impact on how I view this situation. If anyone else wants to contact me, please do. I am returning all phone calls and all emails to those that requested that I do so.

Jeremy Alcede
    Jeremy@tacticalfirearms.us

Quote Originally Posted by T.Firearms View Post
    Response to the “owner of Tactical Firearms supports online ammo sales ban”

"... The idea that anyone believes that I support anything anti-gun is heartbreaking but this experience has certainly opened my eyes and I have learned a lot in these past 24 hours. I see it now. I feel foolish for thinking there was such thing as compromising in this regard. Matt Patrick with 740 AM has invited me back on the show tomorrow morning 8/3/2012 to clear the air.

I thank those that didn’t just comment on a forum and then turn the other way but contacted me directly. Your input has had great impact on how I view this situation. If anyone else wants to contact me, please do. I am returning all phone calls and all emails to those that requested that I do so.

Jeremy Alcede
    Jeremy@tacticalfirearms.us

It's ok. Friends don't let friends help drive their rights into the ground.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    He must have gotten flood of calls and emails because I got the same email response.

This guy is a licensed firearms dealer; an NFA dealer, no less. He, of all people should know better. Looks like he took a gamble and lost when his interview went viral.
    jem102 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Crap! I just bit the hand that feeds me, I think backpedaling is another term.
    Sig 210 and nedrgr21 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Yeah, right. Because factories would never produce less if demand was less, right? And if demand remains the same but the competition is DRASTICALLY reduced, prices will go down? The guy IS in it for the money, at the expense of every one of us, whether we buy ammo over the net or not...

^^^^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^

The store owner sure thinks we are dumb enough to believe that huh?
    jem102 likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Many brick and mortar stores can't stand e-commerce. No storefronts to clean, no cashiers to pay, no parking lot to sweep, just pickers and packers.
    Ionracas likes this.

He can crawfish on this issue from here to the end of time, but he obviously wanted to diminish our rights. Whats done is done and I will never purchase anything from his business, and would recommend no one else buy anything from him either. If he is that ignorant on the issues he should have nothing to do with guns, especially loaded ones.
    Sig 210 likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links