Gun store goes on radio supporting the ban in internet sales of ammo.

This is a discussion on Gun store goes on radio supporting the ban in internet sales of ammo. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gun store goes on radio supporting the ban in internet sales of ammo. Listen to the owner say it in his own words. Tactical Firearms ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Gun store goes on radio supporting the ban in internet sales of ammo.

Listen to the owner say it in his own words.

Tactical Firearms
    1200 South Mason Road Katy, TX 77450
    (281) 693-4867

Please spread this to any and every forum you subscribe to (especially the "fire mission" sites), as well as contact them regarding the whole "we hang together or we hang seperately" thing.
    beararms likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Supporting the ban coming from a company with Tactical in the name. Sure, eliminate the competition, it makes sense business wise. make us all look like fools though? Not so much.

I cant listen to this on my phone, what reasons is he giving that we should ban online ammo sales? I doubt its the truth.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

I just emailed his business and said I will recomennd to anyone I know that lives near him to not do busiiness with him at all
    Sig 210, RKflorida and DPro.40 like this.

...and then Tactical Firearms makes a fortune on ammo sales at whatever inflated price they choose to charge. I won't be surprised when more LGS's climb aboard that wagon.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    I cant listen to this on my phone, what reasons is he giving that we should ban online ammo sales? I doubt its the truth.
    Basically said: Lets just give the anti-gunners this one so they leave us alone.

In other words: Lets get rid of more of our gun rights so that I make more profit.

So they LEAVE US ALONE? When has that EVER been the case in the history of the US? The greed of some people...
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

I would never buy anything from this guy. His support of this ban is based on greed....IMO. His thinly veiled "If we give them this they will leave us alone" is crap. IF they got this...they would just move on to the next ban. It would refuel the antis resolve to take more.
    Burns, wmhawth, msgt/ret and 4 others like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Thanks Burns.

Maybe we should all send them an email. Disguise it as a purchase/business inqury so they either open it or risk "losing a transaction." Blow up their inbox, there is a lot of people in this forum.
    Burns likes this.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    Basically said: Lets just give the anti-gunners this one so they leave us alone.

In other words: Lets get rid of more of our gun rights so that I make more profit.

So they LEAVE US ALONE? When has that EVER been the case in the history of the US? The greed of some people...
    Agreed. Couldnt have said it better.

Jeremy actually lives in my neighborhood. Only met him a couple of times but he seems like a nice enough guy. His shop has been associated with some negative stuff in the press in the last six months that were not his fault. So I don't know if this is an attempt to polish his image or an attempt to increase sales or what. I will have to see if I can slip by the shop or bump into him at the pool and maybe have a chat.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Just another example of a business calling for government favors to help stifle competition. He should be boycotted.
    Spirit51, atctimmy, W9HDG and 1 others like this.

VIP Member
    Here is the email I just sent them:

"This is in reference to your interview on AM 740 KTRH on 08-01-2012. Based on your comments regarding banning the sale of ammunition over the internet, I will never patronize your establishment. I am likewise recommending to all of the people I know in the shooting, law enforcement, and military community that they not spend any money in your store. "Let 'em have this one" is no reason to give up any part of our Second amendment rights, and seeing as you personally stand to make greater profits if internet sales are banned, this smacks of simple greed over the collective good of all gun owners. You are entitled to hold that opinion, of course, and I am entitled to spend all of my ammunition budget elsewhere."
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Here is the email I just sent them:

"This is in reference to your interview on AM 740 KTRH on 08-01-2012. Based on your comments regarding banning the sale of ammunition over the internet, I will never patronize your establishment. I am likewise recommending to all of the people I know in the shooting, law enforcement, and military community that they not spend any money in your store. "Let 'em have this one" is no reason to give up any part of our Second amendment rights, and seeing as you personally stand to make greater profits if internet sales are banned, this smacks of simple greed over the collective good of all gun owners. You are entitled to hold that opinion, of course, and I am entitled to spend all of my ammunition budget elsewhere."
    Way to go. I don't think they realize how much of an impact the gun forums/store reviews have on their sales, especially on a site as popular as DC. Guess they'll have to find out the hard way.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Senior Moderator
    It does sound like he is out to stifle the competition
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Hey, go easy on the guy. I would support a ban on my competitors also
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

he didnt know that the shooter in co. did have a goverment job at DARPA thats how he got the $20,000 worth of ammo and riot gear and other than that this man is highly ill informed and in my opinion i dont think he should have his ffl.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links