Good Article on CNN

This is a discussion on Good Article on CNN within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This article was a complete joy to read. Very Refreshing from the articles I have been reading online since Aurora. Drawing the wrong lessons from ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GunGeezer

Thread: Good Article on CNN

Good Article on CNN

This article was a complete joy to read. Very Refreshing from the articles I have been reading online since Aurora.

Drawing the wrong lessons from horrific events - CNN.com
    It's gonna be a lot of slow singing and flower bringing if my burglar alarm starts ringing.

2. Remove Ads

Overall, considering the source, it is especially good. It does include a line about how our "gun deaths are exceptionally high". I guess CNN couldn't resist...

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    The writer did say the number of American gun deaths was extremely high, but he also said that it had less to do with guns than the state of mental health in this country. I believe this is a far more accurate assessment of any argument regarding gun control and the prime reason why gun control will never accomplish a lessening of violent crime. The real answer has no simple fix and includes nothing a politician could use to his/her advantage.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

VIP Member
    Pretty good analysis from an average Joe, per se'.

His statement right here says it all...

It's strangers by whom we fear being murdered, kidnapped, raped and assaulted, when it's far more likely that any perpetrator of such offenses is a relative or a friend. We worry about airplane crashes and rampaging shooters instead of automobile crashes and domestic violence -- both of which are far more common and far, far more deadly

The theater shooting, a school shooting or the like, get way more attention, therefore they try our minds more than a lot of the day to day muggings, holdups and botched robberies where someone is killed, but that is more of a likelyhood that the former.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

The world really is coming to an end...

I'll have to read the article later, but I'm impressed
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Links