Oregon Congressman's Embarrasing Survey On Firearms Sales And "Gun Safety"

This is a discussion on Oregon Congressman's Embarrasing Survey On Firearms Sales And "Gun Safety" within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Oregon Firearms Federation PO Box 556 Canby, OR 97013 Voice: (503) 263-5830 Oregon Firearms Federation OFF ALERT 08.02.12 THE VULTURES HAVE LANDED In the wake ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Oregon Congressman's Embarrasing Survey On Firearms Sales And "Gun Safety"

VIP Member

Oregon Congressman's Embarrasing Survey On Firearms Sales And "Gun Safety"

Oregon Firearms Federation
    PO Box 556
    Canby, OR 97013

Voice: (503) 263-5830

Oregon Firearms Federation
    OFF ALERT 08.02.12
    THE VULTURES HAVE LANDED

In the wake of the Colorado shooting, we all expected the media and the victimhood promoters to do all they could to use a crime to attack YOUR rights as gun owners. But the anti-rights vultures never seem to fail to find a new low to sink to.

We all know that Oregon is cursed with one of the worst congressional delegations in the country, given that 6 out of 7 of our members of Congress are foaming-at-the-mouth gun haters.

But every time we think we have reached a new low, the bottom feeders who “represent” us pull out their shovels and dig a little deeper.

Let’s take a look at a “survey” that Oregon Congressman Earl Blumenauer emailed out today. You can see it here:

Your Thoughts on Gun Safety

Question 3 of his survey asks;

"Should the gun show loophole be closed, so that the people who buy weapons in the open-air gun bazaars, like what occurs in Portland at the Expo Center, be required to submit to the same background checks and record-keeping as people who buy from licensed gun-dealers.”

Let’s put aside that no Portland Expo show we have ever been to has ever been “open-air.” Does a rabidly anti-gun Oregon Congressman NOT know that private sales at Oregon gun shows have been banned for 12 years? Blumenauer was one of the main forces pushing for a ballot measure that banned private transfers in 2000. And now he is unaware that this is current law? Should this guy really have a job of this importance if he doesn’t know a law he pushed actually passed?

Question 4 says:

"Should people with a history of domestic violence be able to purchase guns and carry concealed weapons?”

Is this member of the Oregon Congressional delegation REALLY unaware that people with even the most minor “domestic violence” convictions are banned from owning guns or even a single round of ammo FOR LIFE and have for 16 YEARS!?

Earl is a shameless liar who is counting on the ignorance of the people in his district to promote his anti-rights agenda. You may want to take a moment to answer his bogus survey.

You may also want to check out the following links to see more on the never-ending debate between those of us who take responsibility for ourselves and those who rely on the forces who “responded" to Hurricane Katrina.

Kevin Starrett vs Oregon University System:
    Guns in School

Ceasefire Oregon on new gun restrictions:
    http://tinyurl.com/d6kq2we

Kevin Starrett on new gun restrictions:
    http://tinyurl.com/d4opwye
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    He like boxer, mccarthy, schumer, lautenburg and all the other rabid anti-gunners will never satisfied until all guns are banned except for the criminals, police, military and their own personal security details.
    sensei2 likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member
    Don't we just have some winners 'round here?

We just had some idiot assemblyman here write a letter to the newspaper demanding that anonymous Internet gun sales be outlawed. He implied that anyone could order firearms on the Internet and have them delivered to their house like a pair of shoes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

That was some survey! Talk about loaded and misleading questions...

To phrase questions like that, one has to be downright dishonest.
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dandyone View Post

There are not many politicans that are honest, almost none, especialy Blumenauer.
    BurgerBoy likes this.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I know the answer to my own question, but I still can't help but shake my head and wonder out loud: How do these TOOLS keep getting elected?!?!?
    Walk softly ...

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Tell them how stupid they are in a public forum/email/letters to the newspaper/Facebook...etc...etc.... as politely and politically correct as you can be.

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    I know the answer to my own question, but I still can't help but shake my head and wonder out loud: How do these TOOLS keep getting elected?!?!?
    How do these tools keep getting elected? Because gun owners are a minority. Believe it or not there are people that walk among us that believe the way they do. Thats how....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Too scary... People with glass belly-buttons shouldn't be able to vote or run this country...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Dandyone View Post

and i'm certain that all of us here at DC are just shocked!, shocked!, that an anti-gun politician would ask loaded, misleading questions and be downright dishonest about it.

VIP Member
    It's apparently a bogus, agenda-driven survey meant to fire up the anti-gun populace.

First you get the sheep all herded up, then when they begin to feel uneasy (batman movie) you convince them that you intend to make them feel safe again. The voters are putting those type of people in place, it can be a dangerous trend, we as pro gun owners can sit back and let it overwhelm us or we can become pro-active.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Politicians... Vote them all out... even the ones that are "on your side" on one issue or another are opposed to your interests in some other way... and they will only go where the money is... So, until they learn that they work for us and only the "meager paycheck" they get for serving us, vote them out.

That's not political... that's just fact...

Now, as to the poll...BOGOSITY... PERIOD
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

They get elected because they promise handouts...plain and simple.
    aznav likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Why, I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!!!
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links