Warning!! Milwaukee gun range voluntarily reports law-abiding customers to police - Page 2

Warning!! Milwaukee gun range voluntarily reports law-abiding customers to police

This is a discussion on Warning!! Milwaukee gun range voluntarily reports law-abiding customers to police within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I do not have a problem with the range keeping track of that info, but I do have a problem with all that info going ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Warning!! Milwaukee gun range voluntarily reports law-abiding customers to police

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I do not have a problem with the range keeping track of that info, but I do have a problem with all that info going to law enforcement with no filter. If the range finds they have a BG in the place, then I'm all for them alerting authorities -- I'd do the same if I knew of a BG and had an opportunity to take them down. But turning that over to LE seems a violation of privacy and rights, to say nothing of the fact that now LE has found a way around laws that supposedly prevent them from maintaining a list of firearms owners -- if the cops are keeping that list, I think that's a huge step around the law.

It seems that it's very possible that this range had issues, and LE took advantage of that situation put the arm on them to do this in order to keep the heat off the range because of their previous issues. If the situation is anything like that, then it is of further concern.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

I've got nothing to hide so what's the big deal?

Just go ahead and extend this to every other part of my life...

I can't wait to have Big Brother with handcuffs, badges, and firearms peeking in on my every activity "just to make sure nothing illegal is going on"

You know, for "my safety"....

Is 1984 not required reading in High School anymore???

Or the U.S. Constitution for that matter!!!
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I wonder if they have a clause in the paper people fill out and sign to shoot there that gives them permission to do that sompelace in the fine print? If not, I'm not sure where the probable cause comes from. Just because you use a shooting range isn't probable cause to assume wrong doing.

I'm not okay with it and I'm squeaky clean, have had all sorts of DOD and AEC clearances. I don't think it's any of their business.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

I have purchased firearms from the folks at Badger Guns. I got the best deal I could find in the Milwaukee area from them. They treaded me very well unlike some of the other LGS's. I have also used there range numerous times. I have no problem with them checking me out. Like some others have said, "I have nothing to hide". I am a boring old guy that happens to have a CCL as an equilizer.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

It is not an issue of what is legal or not, it is an issue of what annoys me. This is a business and depends on customers. If I don't like their business practices, I don't go there. Plain and simple. Whether it is legal or you don't understand my decision, or you have nothing to hide, or the owner is really a nice guy - none of that counts, only my opinion of the business counts. I don't like it, I don't shop it. I have no interest in starting a boycott or any other activist junk, I simply don't shop there and only express my opinion when asked.

This is Firearms Profiling . It should be illegal.
    WilliamDahl likes this.

VIP Member
    I have nothing to hide but their policy I find offensive, why should it be necessary to prove I am not a criminal just because I want to use their range?
    DPro.40 and WilliamDahl like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

yea i used to shoot there when i ilived down in port washington (close to it). they sold guns to a cop killer a few years back, in fact they don't even sell guns anymore. they just do accessories and the range. that place is shady.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    I was actually there one day as this happened, If someone wants to use the range they have to fill out a form. The afternoon I was there the LEO came in he gave them a pile of filled out forms, and I was just finishing up filling out mine he then handed the LEO mine. This Range has in the past had bad dealing with some bad guys, And they are trying to clean it up. They just got thier FFL to start selling firearms again and to keep everything in check when buying a firearm one will need to be a member of this gunstore.

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty View Post
    yea i used to shoot there when i ilived down in port washington (close to it). they sold guns to a cop killer a few years back, in fact they don't even sell guns anymore. they just do accessories and the range. that place is shady.
    They do sell guns again. As I understand it you need to join a "club" with a memebership for $25.00. You need to prove you know how to handle a firearm to purchase a firearm from them.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Senior Moderator
    Yeah...I don't have a problem here. Carry on.
    I'm a clean machine so I guess I don't care
    I personally don't see the problem with that. I don't have anything to hide and i don't know why you were so paranoid.
    You gentlemen have a lot to learn. It is precisely because of these attitudes that people get away with this type of thing.

Its all good until its a case of mistaken identity and they come take your guns and haul you off to jail. Or the info gets out that you went to the range 3 dozen times last year and the employer that you are trying to get a job with gets the info and thinks you're a wacko because you like guns and you don't get hired.

Use your brains people. You are getting background checked for a legal activity that does not require it..all in the name of public safety. You are being proved that you are innocent of a crime and not guilty of something. Not only is it more than likely illegal, but it is unethical and wrong and both the owner of the range and the police chief need to be called on it.

Believe it or not, in this country you are innocent until proven guilty, not guilt until proven innocent. Go study up on the Civics classes that you all slept through in school and educate yourselves so at least you'll know when you are being violated.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Yeah...I don't have a problem here. Carry on.
    I'm a clean machine so I guess I don't care
    I personally don't see the problem with that. I don't have anything to hide and i don't know why you were so paranoid.
    You gentlemen have a lot to learn. It is precisely because of these attitudes that people get away with this type of thing.
    Yes, absolutely. It's how takeover occurs ... takeover from the People. Disinterest, because it's "over there" that the problem exists, because it's "not my <whatever>" getting infringed, because "I've got nothing to hide," and so on.

Believe it or not, in this country you are innocent until proven guilty, not guilt until proven innocent.
    It's the sort of thing being described that results in a guilty-as-charged system being allowed in practice. Mission-creep, all. Mission-creep. The goal of administration is to administer, not to be controlled. Without going after such things with everything we've got, in the U.S. we'll continue to be treated (in many ways) as subjects instead of citizens and the masters of this ship that's veering off-course.
    kaboomkaboom likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

If you do not have a problem with others checking your creds...Then use your real name here. Thats how much this craps makes sense. If I were in wisconsin, I would post this everywhere to get the word to gun owners...They do not deserve this kind of double cross....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

looks like their patrons have been shooting in the wrong direction.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I have nothing to hide but their policy I find offensive, why should it be necessary to prove I am not a criminal just because I want to use their range?
    I have mixed feelings about this actually. I have nothing to hide either but I do think that it should be in the open that a check is going to be done. OTOH, I don't WANT the BGs getting practice.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links