Warning!! Milwaukee gun range voluntarily reports law-abiding customers to police - Page 6

Warning!! Milwaukee gun range voluntarily reports law-abiding customers to police

This is a discussion on Warning!! Milwaukee gun range voluntarily reports law-abiding customers to police within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I went to Badger Guns a few times in the 90's. While they had the best retail prices in the area, their staff was rude, ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Warning!! Milwaukee gun range voluntarily reports law-abiding customers to police

I went to Badger Guns a few times in the 90's.

While they had the best retail prices in the area, their staff was rude, and unpleasant.

The clientele had a high proportion of people you would not expect to pass a Brady check.
    The last time I was there I saw one such, spinning a pistol on his finger after renting it for range use.

I'd gladly pay more at Fletcher's (Waukesha), or Shooter's shop (West Allis).

You voluntarily submitted to that when you voluntarily enlisted.

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

This HAS to be breaking at least one law. With the attention it's
    receiving, I hope charges are filed. It'd be a different story if they informed you that you're subject to such checks if you decide to use their range.

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMan View Post
    It's reasonable imo. The state has a compelling interest, can demonstrate felons using the range in the past, can demonstrate catching felons braking the law by checking backgrounds like this, and no one's forcing you to shoot there so if you don't like it you can shoot somewhere else.
    And where do such scan-everyone schemes stop, eh? It can be demonstrated that felons use roadways with vehicles, yet that hardly justifies search of everyone in every car on every road. If I don't like using roadways, I (and everyone else) can just travel via some other means, right?

Let's not forget that purchasing of a product at a shop is a perfectly lawful and acceptable activity ... and that includes range time, ammunition at a gun store, a stack of books at a library, one's internet browsing activity, ...

There's a reason the 4A and the warrants process exists and is demanded/required of the hirelings we put in place to work within the requirements. Who we are very much embodies what behavior we're wholly unwilling to accept, and IMO right near the top of that list is misbehavior by our hirelings.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Again, how is anyone harmed? Tell me that. Make your case. Why should I or anyone else care?
    Loss of liberty, in the long run, from such encroachment. All of the obvious impacts feared and experienced by the Founders are the sorts of things being protected, when an out-of-control, answerable-to-nobody governing few dictate terms over the People. That's harm enough to understand, I'd say. Except for the broader contemporary population, that is.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisABQ View Post
    I went to Badger Guns a few times in the 90's.

While they had the best retail prices in the area, their staff was rude, and unpleasant.

The clientele had a high proportion of people you would not expect to pass a Brady check.
    The last time I was there I saw one such, spinning a pistol on his finger after renting it for range use.

I'd gladly pay more at Fletcher's (Waukesha), or Shooter's shop (West Allis).
    Good news for you Fletchers's and Shooters are also turning your names in. Not by choice they are being forced to.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    And where do such scan-everyone schemes stop, eh? It can be demonstrated that felons use roadways with vehicles, yet that hardly justifies search of everyone in every car on every road.
    That would be silly since convicted felons are still allowed to use roads. The same is not true of firearms.

Let's not forget that purchasing of a product at a shop is a perfectly lawful and acceptable activity... and that includes range time, ammunition at a gun store, a stack of books at a library, one's internet browsing activity, ...
    Uh, no, felons have no bushiness being at a range. Felons are never allowed to shoot a firearm ever again. Not for sport. Not for practice. Not under someone else's supervision. They're not supposed to buy ammo of any kind.

Convicted felons are still allowed to use public libraries, but we're not talking about public libraries, we're talking about a range.

Convicted felons are still allowed to use the internet, but we're not talking about the internet, we're talking about a range.

There's a reason the 4A and the warrants process exists and is demanded/required of the hirelings we put in place to work within the requirements. Who we are very much embodies what behavior we're wholly unwilling to accept, and IMO right near the top of that list is misbehavior by our hirelings.
    Please give that reason.

Loss of liberty, in the long run, from such encroachment. All of the obvious impacts feared and experienced by the Founders are the sorts of things being protected, when an out-of-control, answerable-to-nobody governing few dictate terms over the People. That's harm enough to understand, I'd say. Except for the broader contemporary population, that is.
    How are you loosing liberty, again? Be very, very specific, using working links to your source material.

This reminds me of "Red Dawn"

Wolverines!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Moderator
    I happen to fully support criminal profiling.
    Not even the cops can legally do that. Every certified officer has to undergo yearly training in "profiling" to stay certified. Every cop on this board has done it.

The problem is that you arent a criminal until you are a criminal. With as many laws as we have in this nation, you are guilty of something.
    Whats to say that your state dosent consider you a felon if they pass a state "Brady Bill"of some sort whle you are off in the sandbox somewhere? You came home, you go to the range where you get back ground checked and you unknowingly bring your AR15 or AK47 to the range.

The next thing you know, the Police Chief and 8 of his stormtroopers are doing a smash and crash on your apartment at 2AM in the morning, pulling you out by your heels in your underwear. You'd be squalling like a mashed cat insisting that you did nothing wrong. After you lost your guns, several thousand in legal fees and you got kicked out of your beloved Army because you are now a felon,all of a a sudden you might understand the slipperly slope of losing your freedoms, but by then it would be too late.

If you cant see the danger in this, then there is nothing more anyone can say.

So be very,very careful with your words.
    Spirit51 and msgt/ret like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Originally Posted by ArmyMan
    Again, how is anyone harmed? Tell me that. Make your case. Why should I or anyone else care?
    Just for clarification so that we are all on the same page, could you define harm.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    You voluntarily submitted to that when you voluntarily enlisted.
    Oh, so people are being forced to go to this range? No. You voluntarily submitted to a background check when you voluntarily checked into the range.

That would be silly since convicted felons are still allowed to use roads. The same is not true of firearms.

Uh, no, felons have no bushiness being at a range. Felons are never allowed to shoot a firearm ever again. Not for sport. Not for practice. Not under someone else's supervision. They're not supposed to buy ammo of any kind.

Convicted felons are still allowed to use public libraries, but we're not talking about public libraries, we're talking about a range.

Convicted felons are still allowed to use the internet, but we're not talking about the internet, we're talking about a range.
    SNIP:
    Using this logic it would be permissible for the government to preform background checks on everyone living within 1000 feet of a school. Never know if one of those residing within 1000 feet of the school might be a convicted sex offender. What about wiretaps, I mean who could be harmed by a wiretap?

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Not even the cops can legally do that. Every certified officer has to undergo yearly training in "profiling" to stay certified. Every cop on this board has done it.

The problem is that you arent a criminal until you are a criminal. With as many laws as we have in this nation, you are guilty of something.
    Whats to say that your state dosent consider you a felon if they pass a state "Brady Bill"of some sort whle you are off in the sandbox somewhere? You came home, you go to the range where you get back ground checked and you unknowingly bring your AR15 or AK47 to the range.

The next thing you know, the Police Chief and 8 of his stormtroopers are doing a smash and crash on your apartment at 2AM in the morning, pulling you out by your heels in your underwear. You'd be squalling like a mashed cat insisting that you did nothing wrong. After you lost your guns, several thousand in legal fees and you got kicked out of your beloved Army because you are now a felon,all of a a sudden you might understand the slipperly slope of losing your freedoms, but by then it would be too late.

If you cant see the danger in this, then there is nothing more anyone can say.

So be very,very careful with your words.
    When you post things like this...do you know how crazy you sound?

Oh, so people are being forced to go to this range? No. You voluntarily submitted to a background check when you voluntarily checked into the range.
    Is the range actually informing people that they will be doing this check? From what I've read, no. Does the PD actually have probable cause for just doing background checks on an arbitrary list of people? No. Is this clearly a violation of the law, pretty much anywhere? Yes. What you're saying here is you're perfectly fine with the people charged with enforcing the law to be violating the law and snooping around on you with no reason to do so, and that tells me you need to do a lot of brushing up on your critical thinking skills.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links