Bloomberg: Working With Existing Gun Laws 'Just Preposterous' - Page 3

Bloomberg: Working With Existing Gun Laws 'Just Preposterous'

This is a discussion on Bloomberg: Working With Existing Gun Laws 'Just Preposterous' within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" is he too stupid to understand? The Founding Fathers did not put ANY exceptions in the 2nd Amendment ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Bloomberg: Working With Existing Gun Laws 'Just Preposterous'

What part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" is he too stupid to understand? The Founding Fathers did not put ANY exceptions in the 2nd Amendment and as such, ALL of the "laws" that came after it related to guns are blatantly UNCONSTITUTIONAL, regardless of what any legislate-from-the-bench judge might CLAIM. This includes NFA34 and GCA68. We need to take back our country from the liberals!

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamDahl View Post
    What part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" is he too stupid to understand?
    He understands it. He just doesn't feel it should apply to him or anyone else, since power and control is inhibited by it. Same ol', same ol'.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Originally Posted by WilliamDahl
    What part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" is he too stupid to understand?
    Even the folks on our side have a problem trying to determine what is or is not an infringement. We have members here who claim that banning machine guns is not an infringement on your right to keep and bear arms so long as you are able to keep other types of firearms. They claim that as long as they can carry or own their weapon of choice then no rights have been taken.
    If our side cannot agree on the meaning how can we expect the other side to understand what it means either.

Michael

Speaking of infringment, artilery has been mentioned when speaking of if there is a line to be drawn. Frankly if you can afford it then why not? The kind of people who would use artilery for war crimes already can afford it and nothing stops them. So if you can afford a howitzer, I think you should go ahead and buy one.

Understand that I am not a fool. Well not all of the time. I dont think anyone has the need to privatley own nuclear weapons. So that infrindgment is worthwhile, IMHO.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Even the folks on our side have a problem trying to determine what is or is not an infringement. We have members here who claim that banning machine guns is not an infringement on your right to keep and bear arms so long as you are able to keep other types of firearms. They claim that as long as they can carry or own their weapon of choice then no rights have been taken.
    If our side cannot agree on the meaning how can we expect the other side to understand what it means either.
    AMEN!
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    He understands it. He just doesn't feel it should apply to him or anyone else, since power and control is inhibited by it. Same ol', same ol'.
    Remove his armed security that follows him around and see if he doesn't quickly have a change of heart about carrying a gun.
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Nothing new about this sort of hypocrisy. Politicians demonize the "rich" when they are the rich. They want to take away our right to have firearms while they have them, themselves, and/or have a security detail that has them. They even want to ban our yummy food while eating that yummy food, themselves. You know what they say about politicians and diapers...
    tricolordad likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    This waste of skin cells is a freakin' mayor, why does he always have the ear of every media outlet? I swear there are 40 plus governors in this country who combined don't whine and cry as much as this little piss ant. Suppose if the media stayed away from him he'd fade away? Yeah I know, wishful thinking considering most of the media and him are way closer than ethically fit. I wish someone would hack his teleprompter and get him to spit out some common sense for once, I wouldn't be listening of course.
    Hes got his own "news" magazine. Only people ive ever seen reading it are the librarians at our PL. i got a free subscription for buying an ereader. I use it to light the fire pit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links