New Anti-gun Chart

This is a discussion on New Anti-gun Chart within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; There are lies, !&%$ lies, and...statistics. They are the bastion of logic for folks with no horse sense ....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: New Anti-gun Chart

There are lies, !&%$ lies, and...statistics. They are the bastion of logic for folks with no horse sense.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    There are lies, !&%$ lies, and...statistics, then charts. They are the bastion of logic for folks with no horse sense.
    Fixed it for you.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

VIP Member
    377 killed over 25 years How many people died in cars in 25 years? How many died because of doctors malpractice? How many died from a trip or fall? how many died of food contamination? How many Americans died in plane crashes over 25 years?

don't get me wrong 377 dead but seams like a very very low number over 25 years.
    sigmanluke likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    The chart is fluent, non sequitur jibberish.

^^^^^^^Yep^^^^^^^^^^

In other words,,
    Bull-Capitol-S with a Hit
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I just had a conversation with a 20 yr old. kid at work, when he said quote, why not just ban guns period? And I turned around and ask him if he really knows what he just said. he said we don't need them anymore. and I said you have a constitution that protects your rights to have one.
    He says he doesn't need one to hunt he gets his food from walmart, the same as I do...
    I said it's not in the constitution, about hunting it's about protecting us from a king and also tearany (mispelled) ( my other right).
    He says we don't need them because of things like colorado.
    I said how about just banning all firearms, then the guy or guy's in colorado and the post office and other work places, Then they can go out and make some I.E.D. and park it around the place they want to hit and do the same thing Mc vay did.
    He shut up and won't speak to me. for the last week he just glares at me. LOL
    But he is always playing and talking about 1st. shooter games on his computer.
    He would prob. shoot me if I mentioned banning violent videio games.
    david
    goldshellback likes this.

thats it!!!! I'am dumping all my guns in the lake
    accessbob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    The chart is fluent, non sequitur jibberish.
    I got dizzy looking at it trying to piece together/make sense of what point it was trying to make..........
    I mean, all the pretty colors and cute graphics look good but, huh...?!?
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by Armey View Post
    thats it!!!! I'am dumping all my guns in the lake
    What lake?

I think I'll take up scuba diving.
    accessbob likes this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    Any section that sites sources or any other supporting document?
    Yep! In tiny light grey print. The sources are web sites like NY Times(very biased and known for manipulating stats) and Wikipedia. In other words, laughable and unreliable.
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    377 killed over 25 years How many people died in cars in 25 years? How many died because of doctors malpractice? How many died from a trip or fall? how many died of food contamination? How many Americans died in plane crashes over 25 years?

don't get me wrong 377 dead but seams like a very very low number over 25 years.
    Oh, let's not forget influenza. At a minimum...3k per year. Barring the Spanish flu (the real winner of WWI) it has ranged upwards of 52k in one year.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

VIP Member
    What about suicide.......? Let's ban that! I know, I know, many suicides are only because a gun was available to the person. But according to this site: AFSP: Facts and Figures someone in the US dies from a suicide about every 14 minutes..... Is that more often than auto accidents?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Dick, I give it an 4 for flashiness and incongruity. 2 for reliability. And besides, I can't dance to it. Don't think it'll make the top ten, Dick...
    sdprof and OD* like this.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

76.4% of all statistics are made up on the spot. 62.7% of those statistics are then put on a chart and published by the Huffinglue Post.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    Like most people who make charts, they put a lot of so called data up there but it really doesn't tell a story.

What's with the 4 out of 10/ 6 out of 10 listings, that have 20 states listed in each? I don't see the message.

50 so called rampage killings in 25 years. That's 2 a year. 377 dead, that's an average of 15 a year. A bare blip in the overall number of firearms deaths.
    Numbers of dealers, numbers of gun show sales? So what. It only takes one gun in most cases for these tragedies.

And how many were BGs shooting other BGs?

Just my 2 cents.

How about a chart showing how most all such events occur in unarmed victim zones? What would that pie chart look like? Could you see the slice that occurs where victims aren't forced to be disarmed?
    Great post. I'm going yo step out on a limb here and say the majority of shooting related deaths are BGs on BGs violence..

Sent from my palm device.. so please excuse any typos.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links