New Anti-gun Chart

This is a discussion on New Anti-gun Chart within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Brass63 Interesting...only one of these safest states has strict gun-control laws... Hawaii. Clearly, other factors are at play. With the exception of ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: New Anti-gun Chart

Quote Originally Posted by Brass63 View Post
    Interesting...only one of these safest states has strict gun-control laws... Hawaii.
    Clearly, other factors are at play.
    With the exception of Hawaii, the common denominator seems to be that all these states have some fairly severe winter weather. So, I'm going to go with that. Cold weather keeps people indoors and lowers the incidences of gun violence.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Armey View Post
    thats it!!!! I'am dumping all my guns in the lake
    I live on a lake in Wisconsin you are welcome to dump them in my lake. Not to deep though ok?
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and Remington 12 gauge.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    With all the colors and different font sizes it's actually more like a piece of art. A totally fabricated, erroneous piece of worthless art.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Oh, let's not forget influenza. At a minimum...3k per year. Barring the Spanish flu (the real winner of WWI) it has ranged upwards of 52k in one year.
    Darn it, you made me go look up that info. CDC stats for the last thirty years (comparable to the timeframe the chart covers) show average number of deaths at 30,000, maximum at 66,000.

We've got to ban viruses, quickly. Oh, the humanity!

Source: Estimates of Deaths Associated with Seasonal Influenza --- United States, 1976--2007
    mano3 likes this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Don't forget the mosquito. THE deadliest killer of mankind.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    76.4% of all statistics are made up on the spot. 62.7% of those statistics are then put on a chart and published by the Huffinglue Post.
    Sorry, you got it wrong. 79.8% of all statistics are made up on the spot and 132% of those are then put on a chart and published (putrified) by them.
    OD* likes this.
    EDC - Ruger P90, SCCY CPX2, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Those dumb inacurrate charts are for their followers, they have no veracity whatsoever. They just make them feel worthy of their fight.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    Don't forget the mosquito. THE deadliest killer of mankind.
    If you ever had "chiggers" you would wish for skitters!
    No damn man kills me and lives.
    Nathan Bedford Forrest

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    377 killed over 25 years How many people died in cars in 25 years? How many died because of doctors malpractice? How many died from a trip or fall? how many died of food contamination? How many Americans died in plane crashes over 25 years?

don't get me wrong 377 dead but seams like a very very low number over 25 years.
    Those deaths in CO and WI are horible. I wonder how many people were killed with illegal guns in the past 30 days. If you want to deter gun crime, you need to put more cops on the street armed with the data of where the gun crimes are happening and when. DA and Judges need to send these illegal gun toting criminals to jail.
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

NRA Member

I got nagged to death three times just last week. Didn't see those stats.
    KWAG, GeorgiaDawg and mano3 like this.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Democide, aka murder by government, is in the 250-350million people range for the 20th century alone.

And these people want to disarm everyone so that we can have more democide... man what a blithering bunch of fools.
    mano3 likes this.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Statistics can be made to say anything you want... and that's just by changing the scale on the graph. When you get really good with stats, the truth becomes a matter of perspective.
    highvoltage likes this.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Put it up against a chart.... comparing people killed by DUI drivers, car accidents, and who died from optional surgeries. Then, take out the shootings by good guys & police that were justified.... and they wouldn't have anything to talk about.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links