Defensive Carry banner

If handguns are the problem, why is banning semi-auto rifles the solution?

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Richard58 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Nobody has actually put a finger on the "problem".....ever. Knee jerk reactions make this difficult to pin down. The authorities and the media always over-think things and twist anything into their hidden agendas. Remember...this is an election year. And atrocities run in threes (always)......airplane crashes....mass shootings, etc......... We seem to go through this a lot, but we have learned very little.

Reactions: TN_Mike
#3 ·
Humans will never be perfect, and in this life we will never achieve utopia. The best we can do is to resist the idiotic, knee-jerk reaction to punish the masses for those few who cause serious harm to others, and make sure that those who do violence, steal, or fail to uphold their end of a contract are punished according to the crime. Demanding more than that from our government is a foolish and dangerous thing to do.

#6 ·
The problem is not the gun.
It is LEO that refuse to do their job, instead of tracking down bad guys the keep track of good peole using local indoor ranges.
Collages don't report nuts cases they cover it up then want to blame the Gun.
Gangbangers with no right to have a firearm shoot up a lot of folks in Milwaukee every year but they were good boys the gun was the problem.
They don't care what gun they ban or restrict, it is just the stepping stone to the next band or restriction.
listen you will hear this used "well any reasonable person would agree no one should have________ right so why not work together to get rid of it."
The goal the plan is to chip away everywhere they can little by little till they are all banned.
Go to some of the meeting these groups have not hard to sit in and listen. I sat in a many About repealing CC in Wisconsin sponsored by our union.
They provide talking points number to qoute.

Reactions: tcox4freedom
#7 ·
Thanks Dave.
As always, great work exposing the mind-numbed fools we refer to as anti-gun nuts.

Surgarmann has long been running off at the mouth uncontrolably, showing the true objective of these elitist sicko's and uninformed whacko's.

This statement from the article speaks volumes;

In the KCTS Public Matters program Monday evening, KOMO radio host John Carlson made a revealing observation about demands by gun control proponents to require federal background checks on all firearms transactions, and to expand those checks to cover more people with mental health issues. Carlson’s answer was almost brutal.

“Keep in mind,” Carlson stressed, “that if there was a proposal that would make it more difficult for those that are mentally ill to obtain a firearm, most of the opposition would not come from gun rights supporters or the NRA, it would come from civil rights activists within the mental health community.”

#12 ·
Thanks Dave.
As always, great work exposing the mind-numbed fools we refer to as anti-gun nuts.

“Keep in mind,” Carlson stressed, “that if there was a proposal that would make it more difficult for those that are mentally ill to obtain a firearm, most of the opposition would not come from gun rights supporters or the NRA, it would come from civil rights activists within the mental health community.”
I've known Carlson for several years and he was spot-on with this remark. We chat on the phone occasionally about gun stuff usually before he goes on the air so he's got his facts in order.
He was a driving force behind Three Strikes and Hard Time, and he hasn't forgotten that anti-gunners were largely opposed to or dismissive of both strategies.

#8 ·
I'm always aghast at anyone (think news media) seeking serious information from Josh Sugarman. It's one thing that he's on the 'other side', which I can respect - but he is so completely ignorant and oblivious of how guns work and the differences among them, that his voice is close to meaningless.

#9 ·
They (government) is not worried about your handguns. But they do know that assault rifles pose a serious threat to their tyranny brown shirt forces they are working to place on our streets. Come on people use your noggins for this one. Its not about safety.

#13 ·
You are right its not about safety, its about control, the overlords get scared and we have to pay with lost liberties.....

#10 ·
In the minds of those that believe banning semi-auto rifles its the same mind set they have in thinking if all guns are banned the problem with criminals and mass/serial killers will vanish. Basically most are driven by fear.

#11 ·
I think there are two camps: a small group of nefarious individuals with a formal agenda of control and a far larger unthinking mindless mass who are just afraid and figure it can't hurt. The first group plays to the latter group's weakness, tells them what they want to hear so the latter hands over power. "Same old story, same old song and dance, my friends"

Reactions: oneshot
#14 ·
None of the anti-gun actions make any sense.

Jim Brady pushed for the banning of rifles with "evil" features and semi-auto pistol magazines with more than 10 rounds.

Jim Brady was shot with a six-shot .22 revolver.

#15 ·
None of the anti-gun actions make any sense.

Jim Brady pushed for the banning of rifles with "evil" features and semi-auto pistol magazines with more than 10 rounds.

Jim Brady was shot with a six-shot .22 revolver.
They make perfect sense to me. They know that a total ban on weapons starting this moment would never stand a chance of working. The backlash would be tremendous. Their method of going after small portions of weapons at a time is the way to go. Notice that they do not go after the items that mainstream hunters or sportsmen use but instead they concentrate on small items that do not have massive support.
Bayonet lugs? We can give that up. My deer rifle or duck gun don't need one.
Thirty round mags? If you can't hit a deer with one shot you shouldn't be hunting.
Machine guns? The Constitution was never meant to allow anything but muskets.

Gun control advocates know exactly what they are doing. They know that taking away someones liberties needs to be done slowly in a way that does not at first appear to directly harm the majority of people who own weapons.
This is done the same way you would eat an elephant. One bite at a time.

Michael

#18 ·
Dave,

I appreciate your preaching... to the choir.

Many of the folks that I come up against that are so anti.. simply do not have a clue... They don't know the difference between an assault rifle and a Glock... a semi automatic or a revolver... Some want to ban all "military" weapons... that would include shotguns and handguns too, I suppose...

They want to make it harder to get guns.. they want to make it harder to change ... ahem... clips... they want to limit rounds in a mag to 30 for rifles; and what, 10 for handguns..?

But one of the "funniest" (hmmm... not ha ha) things that one said to me... when I explained to her the myriad ways you cannot legislate inanimate objects, gun laws are useless, "Gun Free Zones" are ironic folly... she responded with "Laws don't mean anything, I mean, if murder were not illegal, there are lots of people that would be on my list..."

Well, there's one gal I don't want to have any guns... and probably at the root of why she's so anti... she probably doesn't trust herself...

Deep rooted animosity towards "evil guns" is bred of some other root cause.

#19 ·
Dave,

I appreciate your preaching... to the choir.
Well, it's not "preaching to the choir" because I have a pretty broad readership. However (comma), I know a fair number of folks will utilize the arguments or information they glean from my screed to carry on their own preaching missions to the vast unscrubbed. :wink:

And that works for me.

I'm amazed at some of the folks who read my junk that's been forwarded to them by a gunnie.

#20 ·
I think violence in the media is the problem. Music, TV and movies glamorize thug life. Plain and simple the kids growing up get the tattoos, drugs, join gangs, guns to look big time to friends and foes as it is in the media.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.