What they think of gun ownership in America "Down Under"

This is a discussion on What they think of gun ownership in America "Down Under" within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Really don't care what Australia thinks about anything.....and that definitely includes our guns. Curious why anyone with ties to our "gun culture" like you would ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: What they think of gun ownership in America "Down Under"

Really don't care what Australia thinks about anything.....and that definitely includes our guns. Curious why anyone with ties to our "gun culture" like you would retire to such an anti-gun part of the world. Momentary insanity, or is there a woman involved?
    oneshot likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

2. Remove Ads

Red,

Well written LTE... You know, some of that "Aussieness" is rubbing off up here... apparently they, along with the rest of the world look at us as uncivilized... at least that's what the Huffinglue post tells us...

Story here
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    One of the comments to the story oakchas posted about how the Huffington Post says the world thinks we are uncivilized had this to say, I thought it was worth reposting. While I would not personally paint all people in one party with the same brush, you can definitly see how this applies to a lot of people and their way of thinking.

Edit: ...Modified slightly to prevent party bashing or name calling.

If one side doesn't like guns, he doesn’t buy one.
    If the other side doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If one side is a vegetarian, he doesn’t eat meat.
    If the other side is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If one side is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
    If the other side is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If one side is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
    The other side wonders who is going to take care of him.

If one side doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
    The other side demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If one side is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
    The other side non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

If a one side decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it..
    The other side demands that the rest of us pay for his.
    Last edited by BigStick; August 9th, 2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: modified to remove political specifics
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Curious why anyone with ties to our "gun culture" like you would retire to such an anti-gun part of the world. Momentary insanity, or is there a woman involved?
    You are a wise man beyond your years, Zonker, indeed there was a woman involved. In this case, August 1997 Pet, Australian Penthouse, Liz Rushton. No pics that can be posted on this forum ;)
    zonker1986 and msgt/ret like this.
    Red (Richard) Nichols

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Excellent Post Red,my Kudo`s to you!!!.

Lordy.........he FORCED me to google Liz Rushton...I hate it when people take advantage of me!!!
    rednichols likes this.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Quote Originally Posted by rednichols View Post
    You are a wise man beyond your years, Zonker, indeed there was a woman involved. In this case, August 1997 Pet, Australian Penthouse, Liz Rushton. No pics that can be posted on this forum ;)
    the things we do to make women happy seems like a good idea at the time, eh? Causes a moment of complete insanity that we ususally look back on and say "What was I thinking?". Sounds like yours was the same reason I live in Florida. I'm still here.....she's not. Hope your move downunder worked out the way you had planned during your moment of thinking with the other brain.
    rednichols likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links