Complete Gun Confiscation - Page 2

Complete Gun Confiscation

This is a discussion on Complete Gun Confiscation within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I think an immediate nationwide confiscation is unlikely. However, we all have to beware of the slow methodical process of undermining gun ownership bit by ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Complete Gun Confiscation

VIP Member
    I think an immediate nationwide confiscation is unlikely. However, we all have to beware of the slow methodical process of undermining gun ownership bit by bit with the backdoor stuff like, ammo taxes, lead and EPA issues, UN treaties, special license's, high-cap magazine bans, etc.

I keep thinking about a popular signature line I see, and it is the one about guns having two enemies and that is rust and politicians...... it's very true, both work slowly, and almost imperceiveable in their actions. One of the greatest tools we have for strengthening our future 2A status, is our youth. Get them involved, teach them gun safety; don't let the media train them about firearms, we need to do that.
    Adameeski, CIBMike and atctimmy like this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    This type of question is where I try not to let my beliefs and feelings not cloud my answer. My feelings and beliefs are no way it will never happen, how can they ever mess with the 2nd Amendment and our constitutional rights? But as one other poster mentioned Never say Never. And In light of recent and past events, and the actions currently being proposed, it is plausible that they would attempt this extreme opportunity to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    How many of you LEOs and US Military guys here would follow the orders to go door to door and confiscate weapons?

How many of your peers would be willing to follow those orders?
    Probably quite a few unfortunately. Look at what happened in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.
    TN_Mike likes this.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    I beleive the natural tendencies of bureaucracies is to increase their power. Our government is a bureaucracy. Therefore, without constant vigilance to push back against the natural tendencies of our government, it would lead to a total confiscation. I beleive it could happen. I believe it will only become a certainty if we (all citizens collectively) allow it.
    Last edited by phreddy; August 10th, 2012 at 09:29 AM. Reason: checked spelling of bureaucracy

I don't look for a blatant gun confiscation. But I do expect some type of ammo restrictions that will result in a default disarmament.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    bigdog44 likes this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I have no doubt that our current tyrants would be quite willing to confiscate all firearms. I also have no doubt that at some point in the future it will be tried. They'll not do it all at once but gradually nibble away similar to Great Britain. It took 80 years for it to happen over there.
    TN_Mike and rdpG19 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by W9HDG View Post
    Probably quite a few unfortunately. Look at what happened in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.
    I was thinking the same thing. I am not sure that our military men and women would be a party to it (some may, but I think a lot would not), but I think that more LEOs would (although I think there are a lot of LEOs who wouldn't), particularly in big cities like NYC, Philly, DC, etc.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

The Constitution can be changed at any time by 1 or 2 votes on the court. It is what ever 5 of that 9 say it is. So depending who is on the court it could happen.
    We have also seen Government leaders that have had no respect for the constitution.
    The last question would be if they did who's going to stop them?
    If they want to do it no one can or will stop it by the time it goes to a court it would be to late.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    The confiscation would go like it did in OZ (Australia) in the late 1990. Up until they passed the National gun laws an Oz citizen could own any firearm the state would allow. So here is a link to the brief of Oz gun laws:

Gun politics in Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While this seem to suggest everything is rosie, the actual crime rate has increased.

While some may Poo-Poo the thought of that happening here, you need to look at the infusion of anti-gun money coming from the likes of: Rebecca Peters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia who is funded by Soros and has a multi-store office building in London to house her staff and push her agenda!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

I agree with all those that mention small restrictions over longer periods of time. We must stand up against this. As many of the 2A politicians have said recently, no new gun laws, better enforce the laws we have.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I doubt a confiscation of all firearms will ever take place. These guys are smart: they will pick us apart a little at a time an encounter less resistance that way. The end result may be the same, but it'll happen over years.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Distinguished Member
    There are plenty of high ranking gov't officials that would be working on complete confiscation right now if they thought for a moment they could actually get away with it.... no, they'll work on slowly eroding our rights a little at a time in the name of "national security".
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by bersafan View Post
    Do any of you believe that the US government will ever mass confiscate all civilian firearms in the United States? what do you think would happen if we wake up one day and they start confiscating our firearms?
    I believe they might give it a try. Even though it's very risky on their part so long as there are people like me willing to die in the fight.
    Mass confiscation? I know it won't go down like that. It will be the weak first, (government preys on the weak or the weak-minded) then the weak giving up their power and neighbors for chocolate or a Starbucks.
    If I woke up one day and this was going down? I won't be awake for long. I figure they won't bother ringing the doorbell. Be that as it may. Some folks don't think that people like me even exist. While you continue to worry about the future, I've already made up my mind.
    You want consolation or comfort? Go to sleep with a gun in your hand.....a chocolate bar is gonna be melted by the time you wake up.
    W9HDG and JaySkiBum like this.

Honestly I chuckled a bit thinking that QK's first post was directed at the OP and the content of the subject. But for now I will not comment due to the fact that carrying out actions that are the very meaning and spirit of the Second Amendment, is illegal. So my answer is, comply and give them all away to help aid in the tyrannical movement.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Rule #10 Forum Rules Page

10. Discussion of illegal activities, except in reporting the actions of others, is not allowed.
    Discussion for the purpose of promoting these activities may subject the poster to being banned.
    Admission of illegal activity on your part will be removed.
    Anyone quoting or referencing deleted or edited posts will have their posts edited/removed as well.
    In short, DO NOT use this forum to admit to breaking the law, even in your distant past.
    Thanx for that reminder...

In light of this, I would like to report the illegal activities of my local, state, and federal governments.

They have all, to some degree, infringed upon my ability to keep and bear.

On a more serious note...

I agree with several others here; it will not be a massive shift...

The political vultures will pick away at the 2nd until there is nothing left.

I will do my part to educate my kids and as many around me as possible though; I hope all here do as well!

CIBMike and bigdog44 like this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links