Complete Gun Confiscation

This is a discussion on Complete Gun Confiscation within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In my humble opinion I can see Obama,Reid and Pelosi trying to pull something like this Under The Table. And then springing it on us ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Complete Gun Confiscation

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    In my humble opinion I can see Obama,Reid and Pelosi trying to pull something like this Under The Table. And then springing it on us unsuspecting Citizens by some kind of Mandate. Kinda like this U.N. anti-gun vote Hillary is trying to cozy up to. If we can`t trust these people then they Must go!. Just about All the libertards hate us because we support the Constitution AND the 2A, so we know where They stand. We here Need to Stand Together Against Them!. We Must NOT become another Britain or Australia Period!!.

2. Remove Ads

I do believe that if it were not for organizations such as the National Rifle Assocation a lot of bad stuff would have already occurred pertaining to ur rights.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

it's never too late to bury firearm with couple thousands of rounds in the backyard

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    it's never too late to bury firearm with couple thousands of rounds in the backyard
    The day we have to bury our firearms is the same day we have to dig them up.

What guns? I don't own any guns.
    Poseidon likes this.
    I would rather die standing up than live life on my knees.

If you want to see what is likely to happen, look at California. They have limits on what handguns can be purchased. Their laws, not just on gun control, are about 20 years ahead of the rest of the country. As an example, this page (John Deere: Buy Online -) lists John Deere riding mowers, see how many aren't available in CA. The x300 has a CA version available, the rest of the gas powered lineup is unavailable.
    Last edited by 383; August 12th, 2012 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    I doubt a confiscation of all firearms will ever take place. These guys are smart: they will pick us apart a little at a time an encounter less resistance that way. The end result may be the same, but it'll happen over years.
    I agree and I believe it will happen through an evolution of American attitude and opinion brought about by a relentless use of the media and the schools to mold and shape the people who are inheriting this country. In addition, sooner or later the country will change culturally, thanks to the very demographic changes we're seeing now. As things stand, we are powerless to stop it. I hope I'm wrong and I doubt I'll be around long enough to see it but my fear is that we are the dinosaurs.

There is a great video on Youtube that is produced by the NRA. It's titled "NRA: The Untold Story of Gun Confiscation After Katrina". I would encourage everyone who has not watched this video to watch it. I think it's very unlikely an order would every be given to go door-to-door to confiscate our weapons. But if anyone doubts the police or military will follow orders to confiscate your weapons, you are mistaken. You can watch it here:

TN_Mike likes this.

More likely they will pass some National tax on ammo and or fire arms. They came close once to doing it on ammo in the past.
    Supreme court has already ruled they can do just about anything they want if it is passed as a Tax. so say they start out a 20 dollar yearly tax on any some weapons. Of course only those reasonable people agree should be taxed. Then a 200% ammo tax to cover medical bills from shootings. We could agree that is fair right.
    Then year down the road the list gets longer the tax goes higher pretty soon gone. This approach does not remove your right just taxes it. If you can't pay that tax that is your problem.
    can't happen? Look what they done with smoking almost there.

I fear that some day we are going to have to make a moral decision that has only bad outcomes. If the OP was wondering what we would do if the government started physically grabbing the weapons of the average citizen, well, that depends - doesn't it? I honestly don't know. What will the folks in their 70's do as compared to the folks in their 40's? Law abiding citizens versus the criminal and gray area folks? Far too many decisions to be made that cannot be made ahead of time. You won't know what you will do until it happens. Do we prepare for this? This is a sad question simply because we all take it seriously. In better times the question would have been laughed off, but not in today's world.
    Bark'n, TN_Mike and The Old Anglo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    can't happen? Look what they done with smoking almost there.
    I think you are spot on with the comparison. Different industry, but that is exactly how the government has approached controlling it. Regulated and taxed it to death.

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    The federal government can't even figure out how to catch those committing billions in medicare fraud, let alone find and confiscate 58 million guns. I don't give them credit for being that organized.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

I agree it will not be a mass surrender. It will be gradual. Sneeking in and slowly getting people to soften their views on rights to protection and individual rights. That would make it easier to get the people to voluntarily surrender their rights and accept an approach of surrender. Before we all realize it, too late and all the guns are gone. Legislation has changed making it impossible to purchase new fire arms. All the ammo is gone. New laws and harsh penalizing fines cripples any attempt to resist. All the law abiding citizens are victims of the criminals and government. The black market explodes. Sounds like a movie. I dont think I'll see it in my life time but if the next administration is a repeater, we'll just be one step closer.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

But there will be a criminal charge so bad that the law abiding citzens will not want to be caught with carry one to protect themselves or to be caught in possession of a firearm. What good are they then if they r illegal to own. That's how it will happen.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crescentstar View Post
    The federal government can't even figure out how to catch those committing billions in medicare fraud, let alone find and confiscate 58 million guns. I don't give them credit for being that organized.
    Don't wave that off so quick. Remember the mad cow disease scare a couple years back? They could trace cattle back 3 or 4 generations to the stall they had been borne in in Canada. The gov't has the resources and can do whatever they decide they want to do.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links