Complete Gun Confiscation - Page 6

Complete Gun Confiscation

This is a discussion on Complete Gun Confiscation within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Crescentstar The federal government can't even figure out how to catch those committing billions in medicare fraud, let alone find and confiscate ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Complete Gun Confiscation

Quote Originally Posted by Crescentstar View Post
    The federal government can't even figure out how to catch those committing billions in medicare fraud, let alone find and confiscate 58 million guns. I don't give them credit for being that organized.
    In the case you mention they had no desire to stop it.
    All about motivation if they want to they will get them
    OD* likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bersafan View Post
    Do any of you believe that the US government will ever mass confiscate all civilian firearms in the United States?
    no.

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    I don't have the SCOTUS cases off the top of my head but taxing guns out of existance is a non starter. Anyone remember "poll taxes"? Applying a tax so burdensome as to restrict the exercise of a right to only the wealthy (on guns or ammo) is unconstitutional.

But SCOTUS says that the new healthcare law IS a tax.... Where does THAT leave your argument?

just sayin'.

And BTW, term limits? Yeah, limit 'em all to 2 terms... One in office, one in prison!
    BugDude likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    But SCOTUS says that the new healthcare law IS a tax.... Where does THAT leave your argument?

just sayin'.

And BTW, term limits? Yeah, limit 'em all to 2 terms... One in office, one in prison!
    I don't agree with Obamacare but as I told Hopyard in a thread way back when, a tax was the one way I could see them doing it. Just like the "tax" you pay for renting a property. You are getting taxed for paying rent while I pay the same amount for my mortgage but can write off the interest on my mortgage. They tax us but allow us to write off $X if we have insurance. It is an underhanded way of doing it, but it is legal. But that is getting off topic and is not the issue.

Yes they could tax ammo. The issue is how burdensome that tax can be.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I am not sure that our military men and women would be a party to it (some may, but I think a lot would not), but I think that more LEOs would (although I think there are a lot of LEOs who wouldn't), particularly in big cities like NYC, Philly, DC, etc.
    You better believe it as it would come down to us against them. That is no disrespect, but LEO's would be under tremendous pressure to do the governments bidding. When it came down to keeping a job that is feeding their family or taking your firearms you will lose. There are always a few warriors that would stand up and not comply but most will.
    Crowman likes this.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by sensei2 View Post
    no.
    I agree NO

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2
    Livin the Life!
    Join and Support the NRA

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post

just sayin'.

I think we should impose a tax on everyone that doesn't own a gun. Makes about as much sense and would be twice as useful.

As far as enforcing a total ban, I doubt they could. I'll leave it at that.

Seeing how SCOTUS has twice in the last ten years said we have an individual right to keep and bear arms, and that laws requiring them to be kept in a non functional state are unconstitutional, I don't expect it to happen in my lifetime.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by bersafan View Post
    Do any of you believe that the US government will ever mass confiscate all civilian firearms in the United States? what do you think would happen if we wake up one day and they start confiscating our firearms?

People would die. Gun owners & those who tried to confiscate them would both be dying. I think however it would not last long because no one would be willing to try to confiscate them after a short period of time. Since I know that shortly after they confiscated my weapons, all of my other rights & the rights of my family would soon follow & then my family would be slaves, I would declare war on the homeland terrorists & any and all means of killing them would be employed at every opportunity.

Administrator
    I always wanted to dress up in a ROAD WARRIOR ~ish type of garb but, carry a Cross Bow slung on my back wherever I go.

I wonder if they will confiscate Cross Bows?

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    If we continue to be complacent, it can happen. And if it does, the lawbook is out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    I don't agree with Obamacare but as I told Hopyard in a thread way back when, a tax was the one way I could see them doing it. Just like the "tax" you pay for renting a property. You are getting taxed for paying rent while I pay the same amount for my mortgage but can write off the interest on my mortgage. They tax us but allow us to write off $X if we have insurance. It is an underhanded way of doing it, but it is legal. But that is getting off topic and is not the issue.

Yes they could tax ammo. The issue is how burdensome that tax can be.
    There is no limit. Supreme court has made that clear

VIP Member
    I see the glass as half full. Its never going to happen.

The whole reason we have the second amendment is a safe guard against a government that wants to take our rights...be it an infringement on our second amendment rights or first etc...

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    I tend to agree with this. I know there is alot of anti gun media crap goin on and alot of people you see and hear on tv are all about it, but I think that is because that is exactly what the main stream media wants to be seen and heard.

But I think there is a HUGE group of people out there who are not buying into it. I hear and see that gun sales and permits are steadily increasing. I hear EVERYONE I know saying they want/need to get a gun/carry permit. I think there is a HUGE group of core americans who know they don't want their guns or rights to own guns taken away. Now don't get me wrong, I believe the goverment and politicians would love to see it happen and I think it would get awfully close before the people would wake up and stand up against it. But I don't think it could actually happen.

I also think that this country is VERY close to a tipping point. I think that this could be one of the things that easily could tip the scales. Along with alot of other things.
    I agree with your last point completely. I know of a lot of solid, law abiding people that are getting very concerned about the overreaching of the federal government.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links