Complete Gun Confiscation

Complete Gun Confiscation

This is a discussion on Complete Gun Confiscation within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Do any of you believe that the US government will ever mass confiscate all civilian firearms in the United States? what do you think would ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Complete Gun Confiscation

Exclamation Complete Gun Confiscation

Do any of you believe that the US government will ever mass confiscate all civilian firearms in the United States? what do you think would happen if we wake up one day and they start confiscating our firearms?

The way things are going about all we will be able to own(if we are lucky) are BB/Pellet guns single shot only. More than likely cap guns will be banned. God Bless America...........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Administrator
    Rule #10 Forum Rules Page

10. Discussion of illegal activities, except in reporting the actions of others, is not allowed.
    Discussion for the purpose of promoting these activities may subject the poster to being banned.
    Admission of illegal activity on your part will be removed.
    Anyone quoting or referencing deleted or edited posts will have their posts edited/removed as well.
    In short, DO NOT use this forum to admit to breaking the law, even in your distant past.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Administrator
    Please make certain that your answers to the OP question are not a violation of rule number 10 on the forum rules page!
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

It would not surprise me if the federal government eventually banned firearms. Few understand the significance of the second amendment. Our heritage and the Constitution no longer seem to be taught in schools. The Media are members of the gun control crowd. Sheep out number the rest of us. Add it all up and it seem plausible to me.
    beararms likes this.

To be perfectly honest I think people that used to think the Police would protect them are starting to realize that crime is increasing the Courts are swamped,Prisons are crowded and that the thought of getting a gun or carrying one in the past was pretty much thought of as why would I need one,to where that same person today is probably scared of being robbed either at home or when he is out running errands and in States that have shall issue they are getting a gun and training.
    So in response to your post I believe more people today are buying guns for self defense and if the government tried a mass gun grab there would be a lot of voters that would be calling legislators,that's all I can say and not violate the rules
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by bersafan View Post
    Do any of you believe that the US government will ever mass confiscate all civilian firearms in the United States?
    It's entirely possible for a controlling entity to act upon the extremely attractive incentive of creating a disarmed populace, since such a group is far, far more easily controlled if it cannot defend itself against predation ... whether that's the attacker coming in through the window, or the henchmen of the marauding governing few coming in through the back door. It works for violent criminals, having a disarmed set of victims to choose from (England, Australia). It works equally well for power-mongering totalitarians.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    What anti-gun countries have ever reversed itself.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by bersafan View Post
    Do any of you believe that the US government will ever mass confiscate all civilian firearms in the United States? what do you think would happen if we wake up one day and they start confiscating our firearms?
    Yes, I believe the US government would, if given the opportunity.

It wouldn't just happen, though. Gun confiscations usually ramp up, starting with stricter controls on lisencure, allowed places and registration, than on types of arms (Brady Bill), then you have to store your weapons in impractical ways (unloaded and disassembled), eventually you can only store them at ranges, clubs or police stations and can never carry....then finally, there's a mandatory buy-back. The buy back could last a while, years even. It begins voluntarily, then you're required to surrender certain arms, and the noose tightens until one day, you can't own anything.

After guns are confiscated, crime rates across the board skyrocket. This in turn demoralizes the police, reducing recruits and generally reducing the quality of police action when it is taken. Thus the "need" for military intervention arises, and what law-abiding citizen with nothing to hid would mind a few infringements in exchange for the security of a constant military presence?
    beararms and The Old Anglo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    What anti-gun countries have ever reversed itself.
    Pakistan. Prior to the early 1970's, Pakistanis had no right to own or bear arms. Their constitution was rewritten after the 1971 Indo-Pakistani War to include a provision similar to our 2nd Amendment. Some countries, like South Africa and Russia, are rethinking gun control. Whether or not it happens is another story.
    beararms likes this.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    How many of you LEOs and US Military guys here would follow the orders to go door to door and confiscate weapons?

How many of your peers would be willing to follow those orders?
    TN_Mike likes this.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

I have learned never to say never. That said, you might want to ask the Australians if they feel like they have any gun rights, or the British. Those bans were shoved down their throats, and I especially could not believe that the Australian people put up with it, but then again, different cultures I guess.

I can say that any fiat order by a president, or even anything passed by the Congress trying to ban and confiscate firearms in toto would have to pass muster of 50 states, which are, as of late, rediscovering the 10th Amendment. I can see some states bowing down to such a total confiscation order and trying to enforce it, and I can see some states refusing to comply.

And then, I fear, the fallout and carnage begins, either politically or physically.

I hope it never comes to that. The Brits, however, learned to their dismay when they marched on the armories of the colonists and tried to disarm those colonists that demanding something be turned over and then enforcing that same demand are two totally different critters.

However, a more realistic situation will be the attempts by our current or future Presidents and Congresses to ban weapons piecemeal and try to force it down our throats a tiny bit at a time as a "reasonable" thing, which is one reason I am so vehemently against any discussion of new bans and gun restriction laws. The antis never give anything. They just take and then demand more. They cannot guarantee your safety, and they know it, but they will be sure to guarantee your vulnerability to criminals who always ignore those laws and will have their weapons......
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    To be perfectly honest I think people that used to think the Police would protect them are starting to realize that crime is increasing the Courts are swamped,Prisons are crowded and that the thought of getting a gun or carrying one in the past was pretty much thought of as why would I need one,to where that same person today is probably scared of being robbed either at home or when he is out running errands and in States that have shall issue they are getting a gun and training.
    So in response to your post I believe more people today are buying guns for self defense and if the government tried a mass gun grab there would be a lot of voters that would be calling legislators,that's all I can say and not violate the rules
    I tend to agree with this. I know there is alot of anti gun media crap goin on and alot of people you see and hear on tv are all about it, but I think that is because that is exactly what the main stream media wants to be seen and heard.

But I think there is a HUGE group of people out there who are not buying into it. I hear and see that gun sales and permits are steadily increasing. I hear EVERYONE I know saying they want/need to get a gun/carry permit. I think there is a HUGE group of core americans who know they don't want their guns or rights to own guns taken away. Now don't get me wrong, I believe the goverment and politicians would love to see it happen and I think it would get awfully close before the people would wake up and stand up against it. But I don't think it could actually happen.

I also think that this country is VERY close to a tipping point. I think that this could be one of the things that easily could tip the scales. Along with alot of other things.
    DC, RichB70 and rdpG19 like this.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

I do not believe there would be willing compliance with such an order. The government that attempted such a measure in the United States could cease to exist and be replaced.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

VIP Member
    That's crazy talk. Just as unlikely as nationalizing heath care.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links