Paul Ryan's position on guns? - Page 2

Paul Ryan's position on guns?

This is a discussion on Paul Ryan's position on guns? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If there is a tie vote in the senate he gets to cast the deciding vote. So yeah, he matters....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Paul Ryan's position on guns?

If there is a tie vote in the senate he gets to cast the deciding vote. So yeah, he matters.
    oneshot, msgt/ret and TN_Mike like this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I live in Wisconsin he has my vote, for many reasons.
    Knute, ArmyMan and BurgerBoy like this.

I was concerned about Romney when he was Gov of Mass and banned some firearms etc,with this guy whispering in his ear I feel a whole lot better
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleShtr View Post
    As from the post above you can see he is strong when it comes to the 2A. He is a sportsman. I know for certain he is a bowhunter, not sure if he gun hunts though.

I hope that's not his idea of a concealed weapon. :-)
    Poseidon likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Yeah..I hope he puts all of us gun folks at ease with his pro-gun stance. Looks to me like his 2nd ammend. feelings are genuine and strong.
    All men are equal...CC makes us equal-er.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Article I read says he has read Atlas Shrugged, and his ideaology follows that of Ayn Rand.
    His father died when Paul was 16 and was looking for direction, and some inspiration, and found her writings.

They got my vote.
    Wow I read the wrong book. I read Ayn rand's We the living and ended up in the Army

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I was concerned about Romney when he was Gov of Mass and banned some firearms etc,with this guy whispering in his ear I feel a whole lot better

YEP. Me too.

Donnie D

Senior Moderator
    He's a bowhunter.

He cant be that bad...
    oneshot and DPro.40 like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I live in Wisconsin and he will have my vote. Paul Ryan basically votes the party line. You can be pretty confident he will support any pro 2a legislation. Romney's history of gun control nearly had me opting for a write-in, but having a good Vice President probably swayed my vote to him.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    As the VP does he enough power to sway to policy to pro 2A? I don't think he would hurt 2a but how to help?
    The VP's job is to stay out of the way and always have a bag packed and ready to attend a state funeral somewhere in a 3rd world country. Very few presidents have actually used their VP as part of the "team" in making policy!

I'd like to be wrong in this case because Romney is very weak on the 2nd Amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    If there is a tie vote in the senate he gets to cast the deciding vote. So yeah, he matters.
    Only in the case of a tie vote . . . which is a rare occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Yes, Romney is/was in favor of extending the AWB and a whole bunch of other things that are not helpful to 2A supporters. He did nothing to help gun owners in MA! He dissed GOAL (our state pro-gun org) when he signed the permanent AWB into law, making public statements that were anti-gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Romney is a business man he will vote what benefits him the most. they got my vote
    . . . and you can't trust a word that comes out of his mouth.

Do a little research and you'll find that when he took over the Salt Lake City Olympics, he attempted to use his muscle to get a CCW ban (GFZ) for x miles (I think it was 30 miles) around the Olympic Village. That would have been a direct violation of Utah law and he didn't win that battle, but it gives you some insight in the "real Romney"!
    vca2004 likes this.
    NRA Instructor

I think that Ryan is a great choice to protect our 2nd Amendment Rights. Romney may not have that strong of pro 2nd A., but I really don't think we have anything to fear from him.

The other two? I shutter in fear of what may happen if they get a second term.

Sorry LenS, but it is the only choice....IMO.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    I think that Ryan is a great choice to protect our 2nd Amendment Rights. Romney may not have that strong of pro 2nd A., but I really don't think we have anything to fear from him.

Nothing to add here but Spirit and I think alike. A second term will show the real adjenda towards our second amendment. Just laying in wait.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post

I agree with your last point. Just don't expect much of anything as Romney not Ryan will be the guy steering the country.

Someone had to put the job of VP in proper perspective!

Yes, we have no other choice but to support them.
    NRA Instructor

Glad to see he hunts and is a 2A supporter. Yes, he would have a lot of influence sitting as V. President.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    As the VP does he enough power to sway to policy to pro 2A? I don't think he would hurt 2a but how to help?
    God forbid, if something happens to the Prez he would become the Prez & he certainly would have the ability to influence at that point... Just look at how he could 50+1 it...
    TN_Mike likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links