Paul Ryan's position on guns? - Page 4

Paul Ryan's position on guns?

This is a discussion on Paul Ryan's position on guns? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by mlr1m How does being a sportsman or even a hunter make a person pro 2A? Just because he likes to kill an ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Paul Ryan's position on guns?

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    How does being a sportsman or even a hunter make a person pro 2A? Just because he likes to kill an animal does not mean he respects your right to own an AR or AK. I have plenty of 'sportsman' friends who do not believe I should be able to have twenty five pounds of black powder delivered to my door by commercial carrier every year.

You only have to read this forum and others like it to see sportsmen who think their weapon of choice is fine but would have no problem with a ban on what you or I choose to shoot.
    Michael
    Sadly, there is a whole lotta truth to that.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

I think that Ryan's NRA rating says it all. Good to have him on the ticket.
    My favorite "gun" book-

QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    We know the signing of the "credit card" legislation had the hanger-on rider attached to allow carry in National Parks, yes. But I wouldn't call that working hard on behalf of gun rights anymore than I'd consider a stubbed toe on a battlefield a combat wound.

Reality is, as evidenced by the signing of the ccard/NP bill, congress creates law. The chief exec can only sign/veto it, and congress can still ram it through if it sees fit. Congress was the source of the "furthering" of 2A/NP carry rights, in this case.

The two ticket leaders have a stiff anti-gun record, both of them. As for whom I would trust to continue being anti-gun: both of them.
    He didn't have to sign it. Why not give Obama a pass when we can give Romney one and Romney has actually come out against gun owners? Romney hates us and has made no qualms about it. As was stated earlier in the thread with his public support of an assault weapons ban, trying to ban CCW at the olympics, his hatred of the local MA gun rights organizations, and numerous other instances. I can not vote for him becvause of this and many other reasons. We know Obama has been pretty neutral for the most part, save for signing the credit card legislation which also gave us the right to bring firearms into national parks. As of right now I am praying and working so Romney doesn't get into office. I will be voting third party and I encourage all of us to do the same. There are numerous other pro-gun political parties which we can turn to.
    R.W.Dale likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Sadly, there is a whole lotta truth to that.
    I believe they are generally called "Fudds." I have seen many at my local gunshop giving people a displeased look when they see them buying an AR-15 or a handgun.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    He didn't have to sign it. Why not give Obama a pass when we can give Romney one and Romney has actually come out against gun owners? Romney hates us and has made no qualms about it. As was stated earlier in the thread with his public support of an assault weapons ban, trying to ban CCW at the olympics, his hatred of the local MA gun rights organizations, and numerous other instances. I can not vote for him becvause of this and many other reasons. We know Obama has been pretty neutral for the most part, save for signing the credit card legislation which also gave us the right to bring firearms into national parks. As of right now I am praying and working so Romney doesn't get into office. I will be voting third party and I encourage all of us to do the same. There are numerous other pro-gun political parties which we can turn to.

^^^^^^^^^Are you kidding???????

You need to check the facts..................

These are Obamas actual words

I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    --- Mendell, David, "From Promise to Power" (2007), p. 251.

I am not in favor of concealed weapons. I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations.
    --- Pittsburg Tribune-Review (April 2, 2008).

[Obama] backed federal legislation that would ban citizens from carrying weapons, except for law enforcement. He cited Texas as an example of a place where a law allowing people to carry weapons has "malfunctioned" because hundreds of people granted licenses had prior convictions.
    "National legislation will prevent other states' flawed concealed-weapons laws from threatening the safety of Illinois residents," Obama said.
    --- http://www.icadp.org/page236.html (Citing David Mendel, Chicago Tribune, February 20, 2004)

Read what else he has said in support of gun control;
    Obama's Anti-gun Record

The safety of Illinois residents?
    Is the President kidding us?
    Oh, I guess he would be.

MORE..............

FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban
    Obama was being misleading when he denied that his handwriting had been on a document endorsing a state ban on the sale and possession of handguns in Illinois. Obama responded, “No, my writing wasn’t on that particular questionnaire. As I said, I have never favored an all-out ban on handguns.”
    Actually, Obama’s writing was on the 1996 document, which was filed when Obama was running for the Illinois state Senate. A Chicago nonprofit, Independent Voters of Illinois, had this question, and Obama took hard line:

35. Do you support state legislation to:
    a. ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns? Yes.
    b. ban assault weapons? Yes.
    c. mandatory waiting periods and background checks? Yes.
    Barack Obama on Gun Control

Obama has a horrendous voting record, and direct quotes of his stance on firearms, which is in the negative.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links