Where in the 2nd Amendment does it say you can bear arms for personnel protection?

This is a discussion on Where in the 2nd Amendment does it say you can bear arms for personnel protection? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Does personal protection include Nuclear weapons and biological weapons? I am wondering what others think....

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Where in the 2nd Amendment does it say you can bear arms for personnel protection?

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Does personal protection include Nuclear weapons and biological weapons? I am wondering what others think.

2. Remove Ads

Well, the USSR thought they needed ICBMs to protect themselves from Washington. What not Hawaiians?
    Mental illness incidents are used to threaten gun rights.
    The March of Dimes headed off the Universal Iron Lung coverage debate, just sayin'.
    Alternately, for those with a toolshed and ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I am not going to get into a war of words and meanings. My postion is 100 percent very clear:
    1: A business or owner of any property should have the right to say no guns. It is their property. You do not have to go to my house or place of business. You choose to.
    2: I beleive in the 2nd A 100 percent. It says the government can not deny you the right. I don't care if a blind lady owns an uzi. I don't want that blind lady carrying an Uzi in my house or place of business. The 2 A does not say squat about me refusing you service based on your rights under the 2A

If folks want to continue this workplace.private ownership debate they can go back to the other thread.
    I agree with you 100%....

problem is, the govt works on this loophole by not denying you the right, but making it nearly impossible in some places to grant you the right.

or they don't deny you, owning one, but they deny you carrying one.

I don't think our fathers ever thought our govt would work a loophole in the constitution to not give us the rights.

for all we know, they can say, you can bear arms just like the const. says, but only bolt action rifles that have an over all legnth 40 inches.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Links