Will you actively protect my rights?

This is a discussion on Will you actively protect my rights? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; When it comes to gun laws will you actively fight to protect all rights or will you only put effort into protecting those that you ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Will you actively protect my rights?

Will you actively protect my rights?

When it comes to gun laws will you actively fight to protect all rights or will you only put effort into protecting those that you agree with? I am not asking if you will support a ban. I am asking if, even though you do not personally approve of something, will you step up to protect the freedom for those that do to exercise that freedom?

Will you make calls to your Reps in office making clear your disapproval of proposed laws that would ban or restrict firearms that you do not like, use or see no need for? What about those that choose to carry in a manner you do not like? Those who might enjoy machine guns, 1000 yard rifles or suppressors? Will those of you who only shoot skeet fight to protect the rights of others to carry handguns?
    I believe that a person carrying a Desert Eagle 44 mag in a thigh holster when walking down the street is downright silly. I also think most of the antics by many protest groups are silly. I will however do everything in my power to ensure that they never lose the right to preform those acts. Will you?

Or will you sit by while other take those rights away and say you had nothing to do with it?
    If I sit by and do nothing while your rights are being taken away can I honestly say that I did not help those who took those rights from you?

Michael

2. Remove Ads

I am just one, but yes I would stand up and do something. I have in the past and will continue to do so. The constitution needs our help on many levels. Sometimes the people we elect need to know that......
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Senior Moderator
    Yeah, I can and do every chance that I get. I had a class with 28 students yesterday. I informed them that as gun toting citizens, they needed to act as such and be responsible for their actions. I also told them of the ongoing war against guns, and their future as gun owners is always in jeopardy by those that want to destroy everything about this nation, including the right to defend themselves or their loved ones from aggression.
    bmcgilvray, OD* and tacman605 like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

As both a lifetime member of both NRA and TSRA I receive updates constantly by emails and take appropriate actions. I will support your rights 100%. I am mainly into guns due to hunting, self defense also the defense of my family, property, neighbors, community, and anyone else that needs it should the time come. I cannot afford suppressors, machineguns, etc but will do everything I can to protect those rights. So as a favor in return I would ask you to step up and help defend my rights from the anti hunters also. If we ever start losing our rights to hunt, our gun rights will follow right behind it. I wish I could have all those expensive and high dollar items and put thousands of rounds downrange per month, but I just cant afford it so I do what I can.

I posted this question partly because of the discussions on this site and others like it when the idea of Open carry is brought up. Also because of my memories of trying to get friends to write their Reps in Government back in 1984 I believe in an effort to defeat the new prohibition against new made machine guns. Most of the people I approached about the ban either felt that others did not need to own a machine or they felt that the ban had no effect on them personally so they did not care.

In both cases we have gun owners who have no problem with others peoples rights being trampled.

Michael
    Ionracas likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I posted this question partly because of the discussions on this site and others like it when the idea of Open carry is brought up. Also because of my memories of trying to get friends to write their Reps in Government back in 1984 I believe in an effort to defeat the new prohibition against new made machine guns. Most of the people I approached about the ban either felt that others did not need to own a machine or they felt that the ban had no effect on them personally so they did not care.

In both cases we have gun owners who have no problem with others peoples rights being trampled.

Michael

I fight this war everyday. Winning hearts and minds. If your a hunting buddy that owns rifles shotguns and pistols, Ill convince you why you need semi auto "assualt" style weapons. Also explain there is no harm in machineguns and suppressors. If your a coworker that doesnt own guns Ill tell you the facts constantly and bombard you will violent news stories of criminals attacking people and tell you why you need firearms to protect your self and family. Im always offering to teach people how to safely use and store their firearms also.

When it comes to gun laws will you actively fight to protect all rights or will you only put effort into protecting those that you agree with? I am not asking if you will support a ban. I am asking if, even though you do not personally approve of something, will you step up to protect the freedom for those that do to exercise that freedom?

Will you make calls to your Reps in office making clear your disapproval of proposed laws that would ban or restrict firearms that you do not like, use or see no need for? What about those that choose to carry in a manner you do not like? Those who might enjoy machine guns, 1000 yard rifles or suppressors? Will those of you who only shoot skeet fight to protect the rights of others to carry handguns?
    I believe that a person carrying a Desert Eagle 44 mag in a thigh holster when walking down the street is downright silly. I also think most of the antics by many protest groups are silly. I will however do everything in my power to ensure that they never lose the right to preform those acts. Will you?

Or will you sit by while other take those rights away and say you had nothing to do with it?
    If I sit by and do nothing while your rights are being taken away can I honestly say that I did not help those who took those rights from you?

Michael
    Yes, but I can't think of a gun that I would not support someone owning, and I can't think of a gun right that I do not agree with...
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

Senior Moderator
    Thats because most of them are too stupid to figure out that if someone else gets their rights violated, that its one step closer to them getting violated.

You would think with the recent advances in technology, that the human race would be getting smarter but it just aint so. People are getting dumber and dumber because they dont have any critical thinking skills. It's been eliminated from most of our schools and the ones that do teach it are in the minority.
    Badey, pir8fan, DaveH and 2 others like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

sgb
    I stand behind the 2nd amendment (as I do the entire Constitution) 100%.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Do you support felons regaining their "Rights" to keep and bear arms once they have served their time in incarceration?

No matter the original charge for their sentence?

It would seem that we all choose to support only that in which we believe.

I guess that goes back to the "First" right.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    Do you support felons regaining their "Rights" to keep and bear arms once they have served their time in incarceration?

No matter the original charge for their sentence?

It would seem that we all choose to support only that in which we believe.

I guess that goes back to the "First" right.
    If they would be a danger to anyone why should they be released? If they are not a danger why not allow them full freedom? Why not give them lifetime parole after being released? After all isn't being released but being restricted in what you do any different than being out on parole?

Michael

Michael
    Michael... Hmmmm....

On the one hand, we don't need the BOR, because of state's rights...

And now you ask if I will support your specific rights to own, and carry any weapon... I mean, if, constitutionally, you believe I should support your right to a machine gun; then it follows that I should support your mounting a Ma Deuce in the back of your Jeep.

I can do that...but where does it end? Suitcase nukes? Covered by treaty, you say....? Based on the right guaranteed in the BOR, there is no limitation on "arms." So, why not? Treaty would be unconstitutional, and therefore, void.

I do support your federal right to a machine gun... Your state may not. In which case, you can vote with your feet, by moving to one that does.

The question eventually becomes... Which extant rights will you support? The gay marriage ... ahem... right.. exists until there is a law against it... Locally, or federally... Would you support that individual right? Or, since it doesn't effect you specifically, or individually... would you let someone else worry about the rights they are concerned with?
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

BTW, I didn't throw the gay rights thing in there for political reasons... But to illustrate the point, where does support end?

Is it my job to support your rights as you see them, or THE general right... or the right as I see it?
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

I don’t recall anything in the 2nd amendment stating anything about felons, only people. If they can be trusted to roam in society and act like a citizen why not allow them to defend themselves.
    Provided that their offence wasn’t of the violent nature.

Should they violate this, revoke their freedom and we won’t have to worry about it?

That's an easy call because I don't believe the Second Amendment provides for any restrictions for any law abiding citizen.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links