2nd Amendment Issue - STUDY US Veterans Forcibly Sequestered In Mental Hospitals...

This is a discussion on 2nd Amendment Issue - STUDY US Veterans Forcibly Sequestered In Mental Hospitals... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What voter fraud? I agree with having to show a picture ID but there isn't much voter fraud to speak of, at least not a ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 2nd Amendment Issue - STUDY US Veterans Forcibly Sequestered In Mental Hospitals...

  1. #16
    Senior Moderator
    Array pgrass101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    13,451
    What voter fraud? I agree with having to show a picture ID but there isn't much voter fraud to speak of, at least not a the federal level
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

    ― Robert A. Heinlein,

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,811
    Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    While we all like to it can't happen, we can look back to Athens, TN 1946. So with todays voter fraud are we really that secure?

    Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Totally missed my point.

  4. #18
    Ex Member Array NotMallNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    413
    Alex Jones: (and so are your minions).

  5. #19
    VIP Member Array Crowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    West Allis WI
    Posts
    2,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret_Storm View Post
    I do think there is something to this though ... they're targeting "domestic terrorists", and it certainly doesn't help matters when an ex-military goes and shoots up an Indian temple.
    It is interesting "they" are targeting "domestic terrorists". Only thing is they seem to be doing it selectively. They have the ways and means (Patriot Act) to rid the country of the largest and most dangerous group(s) of domestic terrorists and seem oblivious to doing anything about it.

    America's largest groups(s) of Domestic Terrorists=Gangs
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

    Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

  6. #20
    Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Near Hotlanta!!
    Posts
    1,337
    Alex Jones is doing a great service. However YOU have to be the one not to fall victim into conjecture. It is YOUR responsibility to research for yourselves to ensure that you are not being lied to by any person or government. The problem I see with this very forum is that there are a MASSIVE number of people who have NO idea what personal liberty is. All the great sayings, quotes in signatures, tattoos on their arms, even nice gun collections in nice safes mean nothing if you do not understand the basic precepts of Constitutional Liberty. There are a lot of opinions on this forum based on nothing but conjecture and factless emotion.

    You say Alex Jones is crazy, and he might be in many ways, that there are no Drones flying around spying on us, that the government would never take a citizen and disappear him without due process. That there is no gun confiscation, planned terror attack false flags, and the list goes on. But I have seen a drone fly over my area in Atlanta, and guess what? It wasn't owned by a civilian. No it was a predator or equivalent drone probably from Dobbins air force reserve base. I have also seen micro drones when I was out west in TX visiting someone I know.

    The world is a big bad evil place and this site harbors countless mind numbed or misdirected sheeple. If you arent not one of them then you know I am not talking about you.

    So yeah take everything with a bag of salt but you are responsible for being a sheep if you do nothing to become situationally aware and unlock your mind about the real truth that is hidden in plain sight.

    And yes the story that the OP posted about Alex Jones reporting the disappearance and locking up of Veterans in a mental institution is absolutely 100% accurate and correct. They are getting NO due process and are being held against their will. This is exactly what Stalinist Russia did as well as the Nazi Gestapo to anyone who was in any way against the dictatorial regime. Study your history.

    Use google or whatever and do your research before your so quick to dismiss potential true fact about attacks on our liberties. But then again this forum is about talking about how many big bad .308 guns we have and not about defense of liberty. Atleast that is the pattern I see mentally across the board save for a few of you strong liberty loving constitutionalists out there.
    Glhadiator likes this.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

  7. #21
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,811
    No one is saying that what is happening to some veterans is right or that Alex nut job should not be reporting it. But he has no facts about it being a plan by the Obama admministration to systematically take veterans off the streets so they can not fight back if he declares martial law. It is insane on the face of it. If you are trying to tell me that the Obama adminstration is doing this on purpose I woold like to see the prrof you have. And don't mention this or that veteran as an example of a screwed up system and try to tie that to an overall conspiracy.

    How many folks have been locked up in this manner? Let us say 1000 which I beleive is a way high estimate. How many veterans are there? millions.

    It is absurd to even think it is a conspiracy. Just do the math. What is the administration going to do..lock up millions of people. I do not think that there are enough black heleicopters to go around. Try using reasoning sometimes.

    As far as insulting everyone here with your tirade about who knows what about liberty. I will just bite my lip and laugh.

    Alex Jones is a joke. He takes a valid issue and one that needs to be looked at and morphs it into an abortion of a conspiracy theory. You go on believing it....You don't get it. Alex Jones is as mush of a problem as is Obama. The preach and are believed by two nutty choirs and beleivers who take their word as gospel.

  8. #22
    Senior Member Array CanuckQue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Maritimes Canada
    Posts
    1,120
    We deliberately underfund mental health research and services; no wonder that we then have to worry about attempts to sweep them under the rug being too broad. We're tempted to spend our spare cash elsewhere, even when we're thinking of such charities. And we *rarely* think of some charities.

    ODD might look somewhat benign on paper, especially when you take only one or two of the traits as examples. ODD is a pain in the rear-end to deal with, though*. It's a real pain. Logic doesn't seem to work; patience doesn't seem to work; social contracting doesn't seem to work; and nagging doesn't seem to work. Even punishment doesn't work nearly as well as you'd predict (ahead of time), and so since the first four techniques are so fatiguing, you find yourself tempted to use much more punishment than you'd normally be comfortable with.

    *ODD, unsurprisingly, is commonly expressed in prisoners. This is especially hard on the morality of the guards, because the temptation to be very brutal (to correct behaviour) is always there.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

    Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..


  9. #23
    Member Array troutkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret_Storm View Post
    Why, THAT'S MY HUSBAND!

    I do think there is something to this though ... they're targeting "domestic terrorists", and it certainly doesn't help matters when an ex-military goes and shoots up an Indian temple. But that also shouldn't mean all military men should be scrutinized, either. But naturally I would expect the government to go overboard on it.

    Holy cow, I just went and read the article:

    "Most recently is the inception of oppositional defiance disorder (ODD) which is described as a mental disease wherein free thinkers, non-conformists, civil disobedience supporters, those who question authority and are perceived as being hostile toward the government are labeled mentally ill."

    That is scary. Imagine if King George III had put this into place when we founded our country. I mean, wouldn't most Ron Paul supporters be classified as having ODD? This is not right.
    Well, it's not our government meting out ODD diagnoses. ODD is in DSM-III. DSM is brought to you courtesy of Big Pharma. Your Corporate Lords will ultimately decide your place, not the government. Welcome to the dark side of capitalism.

    Oppositional defiant disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    As for Alex Jones, count me among the skeptics. Has anyone determined to what extent such diagnoses are being used on vets? Verify, verify, verify.

  10. #24
    Member Array Secret_Storm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by troutkiller View Post
    Well, it's not our government meting out ODD diagnoses. ODD is in DSM-III. DSM is brought to you courtesy of Big Pharma. Your Corporate Lords will ultimately decide your place, not the government. Welcome to the dark side of capitalism.

    Oppositional defiant disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    As for Alex Jones, count me among the skeptics. Has anyone determined to what extent such diagnoses are being used on vets? Verify, verify, verify.
    I agree with the skepticism on Alex Jones. However, I do look for the articles he mentions elsewhere and along the way you usually find an element of truth. I don't know why he stretches things so far - he could be fairly credible if he stuck to the facts. I guess these days people prefer fiction over fact though. But there does seem to be several instances mentioned in the news of this happening with vets, no I do not believe it is widespread. But the fact that it can happen at all is outrageous.

    And like my husband said, it appears that these vets have been reported by their own family members for certain behaviors, and then the "authorities" stepped in and went overboard. But this ODD "diagnosis" has pretty much ruined any respect I had for the psychiatry field. If the police burst in my door and threw me in a mental hospital for no apparent reason other than someone didn't like my attitude or opinion, even I'd "question authority" and be "perceived as being hostile toward the government" so I could also be labeled as mentally ill. Gosh, just about anybody would.

  11. #25
    Ex Member Array bmglock23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    99
    If that was true about the forced detainment, I'd think the 2A would be the least of his concerns. That said, I don't see how this has anything to do with the 2A.

  12. #26
    Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    What voter fraud? I agree with having to show a picture ID but there isn't much voter fraud to speak of, at least not a the federal level
    PG here are 3 articles in the new today! None are from Alex Jones!

    South Carolina Voter ID Trial: State Sen. Admits Law Couldn't Address His Examples Of Voter Fraud

    Miami Lawsuit Raises Questions About Absentee-Voter Fraud - Bloomberg

    NMX: Mitchell Says Voter Fraud to Be

    In Nevada all voting machines are in the control of the SEIU! Again while we like to think it isn't possible here, we need to understand the issues to assure our freedoms.


    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

    If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

  13. #27
    Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by bmglock23 View Post
    If that was true about the forced detainment, I'd think the 2A would be the least of his concerns. That said, I don't see how this has anything to do with the 2A.
    If you are commited or a VA Doctor takes you under care they are required to report you to the FBI firearms clearing house database, even after you are released or cleared you will still have the issue with buying, owning, or possessing a firearm! It is one of those questions of the ATF 4473!


    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

    If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

  14. #28
    Senior Moderator
    Array pgrass101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    13,451
    Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    PG here are 3 articles in the new today! None are from Alex Jones!

    South Carolina Voter ID Trial: State Sen. Admits Law Couldn't Address His Examples Of Voter Fraud.
    No voter fraud in this article, just suspected voter fraud that an ID would not address

    Yes this might be a case of voter fraud 100 suspect absentee ballots out of 80,000. That is not what I would call widespread and a photo ID would not have prevented this and this was for a local primary

    Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    No voter fraud cited here but that the statement that someone who is pushing voter ID laws (which I agree with) has hundreds of reports of voter fruad. I do believe that there is voter fraud mostly done a the county and local level for county and local elections

    Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    In Nevada all voting machines are in the control of the SEIU! Again while we like to think it isn't possible here, we need to understand the issues to assure our freedoms.
    Not in all of Nevada but one county Watchdog Warns SEIU Contract for Nevada Voting Machines Poses 'Fraud' Concern | Fox News Clark county once again this isn't wide spread.

    I can give you more examples of voter fraud
    Phenix City women charged with absentee ballot fraud | Crime | Columbus Ledger Enquirer voter fruad for a local election once again photo ID wouldn't have stopped this

    Alabama has had only 16 cases of alleged election fraud since 2000. By category, 69 percent of those accused involved election officials, and 31 percent involved voters. The most prevalent fraud was Absentee Ballot Fraud at 75 percent.


    I am for the showing of a Goverment issued photo ID to vote, but there is no wide spread voter fruad. Most fruad occurs at the local level for local elections
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

    ― Robert A. Heinlein,

  15. #29
    Ex Member Array NotMallNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    413
    Tangoseal:

    Let's take your rant about "a lot of opinions on this forum being nothing but conjecture and factless emotion" and give you an opportunity to add something to your very own post that is not conjecture and factless emotion.

    We could start with just a few from your post below.

    1. Explain to the massive number of people here what you define personal liberty to be.

    2. You've seen a drone in Atlanta...Please explain to us what it looked like, how far it was from you, what it was doing, and how you know it was or was not a civilian drone? If it was a government drone who owned it? The federal government or perhaps Gwinnett County Sheriff's Department. Please, no conjecture - just facts.

    3. You state "You are responsible for being a sheep if you do nothing to become situationally aware and unlock your mind about the real truth that is hidden in plain sight."Please enlighten us as to what the real truth is.




    Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    Alex Jones is doing a great service. However YOU have to be the one not to fall victim into conjecture. It is YOUR responsibility to research for yourselves to ensure that you are not being lied to by any person or government. The problem I see with this very forum is that there are a MASSIVE number of people who have NO idea what personal liberty is. All the great sayings, quotes in signatures, tattoos on their arms, even nice gun collections in nice safes mean nothing if you do not understand the basic precepts of Constitutional Liberty. There are a lot of opinions on this forum based on nothing but conjecture and factless emotion.

    You say Alex Jones is crazy, and he might be in many ways, that there are no Drones flying around spying on us, that the government would never take a citizen and disappear him without due process. That there is no gun confiscation, planned terror attack false flags, and the list goes on. But I have seen a drone fly over my area in Atlanta, and guess what? It wasn't owned by a civilian. No it was a predator or equivalent drone probably from Dobbins air force reserve base. I have also seen micro drones when I was out west in TX visiting someone I know.

    The world is a big bad evil place and this site harbors countless mind numbed or misdirected sheeple. If you arent not one of them then you know I am not talking about you.

    So yeah take everything with a bag of salt but you are responsible for being a sheep if you do nothing to become situationally aware and unlock your mind about the real truth that is hidden in plain sight.

    And yes the story that the OP posted about Alex Jones reporting the disappearance and locking up of Veterans in a mental institution is absolutely 100% accurate and correct. They are getting NO due process and are being held against their will. This is exactly what Stalinist Russia did as well as the Nazi Gestapo to anyone who was in any way against the dictatorial regime. Study your history.

    Use google or whatever and do your research before your so quick to dismiss potential true fact about attacks on our liberties. But then again this forum is about talking about how many big bad .308 guns we have and not about defense of liberty. Atleast that is the pattern I see mentally across the board save for a few of you strong liberty loving constitutionalists out there.

  16. #30
    Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Not in all of Nevada but one county Watchdog Warns SEIU Contract for Nevada Voting Machines Poses 'Fraud' Concern | Fox News Clark county once again this isn't wide spread.
    Clark County has ± 80% of the registered voters in Nevada. Harry Reid only won Clark County.

    As noted those were only three examples from todays news. In Nevada we have several cases were the Acorn Group pleaded guilt in cases of vote fraud.


    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

    If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

american veterans mental hospitals odd
,
powered by mybb buying back military time
,

powered by mybb government

,
powered by mybb health care legislation
,

powered by mybb history of united states

,
powered by mybb important women in history
,

powered by mybb list of hospitals

,

powered by mybb mercy hospital

,

powered by mybb public hospital

,
powered by mybb the story of an hour
,

powered by mybb theories of emotional development

,
second amendment related tattoo
Click on a term to search for related topics.