GOP calls for broader gun rights, unlimited clips

This is a discussion on GOP calls for broader gun rights, unlimited clips within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I hope this is the correct place to put this. GOP calls for broader gun rights, unlimited clips - Toshiba...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: GOP calls for broader gun rights, unlimited clips

GOP calls for broader gun rights, unlimited clips

I hope this is the correct place to put this.

GOP calls for broader gun rights, unlimited clips - Toshiba

A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

Magazines.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Magazines.
    I didn't write it...I just passed it on. No matter what they call it....I like the intent.

It could have been worse if they had used a term like "bullet holder thingies".

BTW Heard Clint Eastwood is the surprise speaker at the RNC Convention tonight. I am looking forward to that.
    QKShooter and BurgerBoy like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

article says Clips and Magazines. This is good news. Hop all goes in favor of our cause.
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    I didn't write it...I just passed it on. No matter what they call it....I like the intent.

It could have been worse if they had used a term like "bullet holder thingies".

BTW Heard Clint Eastwood is the surprise speaker at the RNC Convention tonight. I am looking forward to that.
    I wasn't correcting you, I was correcting Charles Babington of the AP. The Republican statement says "clips or magazines".
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    This is a good policy to back in my opinion. It will be a polarizing one though. Few are undecided on this issue as far as I can tell. It may win a few supporters at the poles, but it also may push a few away that would have otherwise voted Republican.....
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    This is a good policy to back in my opinion. It will be a polarizing one though. Few are undecided on this issue as far as I can tell. It may win a few supporters at the poles, but it also may push a few away that would have otherwise voted Republican.....
    Agreed. It's like they're trying to create controversy and stir things up. Probably cost more votes than it gains. Politics isn't about putting all your cards on the table.

The 2004 GOP platform said "law-abiding citizens" should have the right "to own firearms in their homes for self-defense." This year's platform supports "the fundamental right to self-defense wherever a law-abiding citizen has a legal right to be."
    If the reporter had decided to make the highlighted statement above the headline it might of garnered support from even non-Republicans. But I'm thinking that was not the intent of the article .

EDIT: Even my most liberal of friends believe that they have a right to defend themselves.

Michael
    Last edited by mlr1m; August 30th, 2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: I made an oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    Ha! "Poles", where do you vote? And what are you voting on?:D

Sorry couldn't resist. Great policy though! I'd like to read a bit more about it.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
    Badey likes this.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    If the reporter had decided to make the highlighted statement above the headline it might of garnered support from even non-Republicans. But I'm thinking that was not the intent of the article .

EDIT: Even my most liberal of friends believe that they have a right to defend themselves.

Michael
    Agreed, that would have been a much better headline.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Well, M1s use clips, so do Mosin-Nagants...

I would LOVE to see one of those with a '100 round clip'....
    Ghettokracker71 likes this.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

The 'official ' stance of the Republicans is ; no new gun laws , no laws on guns that will do nothing to stop crime, and no laws that just punish law-abiding citizens.

I hear a lot of people concerned about Romney's 2A stance. Ryan is strong 2A, and the GOP isn't going to let Romney try to do anything stupid. I don't think he woudl ever even try. The other party however, have a whole different position and view on things. Nothing they propose is going to make any of us 'safer', is going to do anything that will stop murders and violence in the streets. They will try to accomplish it thru regulations and the ATF, because they know they can't get any of it passed if they try thru Congress.

Mass shootings , such as the one in Aurora, was a posted "gun free zone" .... and the perp knew no one would be able to shoot back. Seems they always pick "gun free areas" ............so they may be crazy, but not stupid ?
    beararms likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

If someone isn't going to vote Republican because of this...they were not going to any way because of the social issues (pro life ect.).
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

The status quo of both parties will say anything to get elected.
    The easy way is always mined.

I remember thinking that President Reagan would never support the Brady Bill. Stuff happens.

Michael
    CIBMike likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links