running of serial number

This is a discussion on running of serial number within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Yeah, things have gotten a little bent out of shape on this thread. Cop wants to run someone's serial numbers, it's up to each how ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: running of serial number

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Yeah, things have gotten a little bent out of shape on this thread. Cop wants to run someone's serial numbers, it's up to each how hard they want to push back. You have to pick your fights and pick your stands.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    if a citizen is armed and has been stopped for breaking the law (as little as speeding, but still breaking the law) and you are armed, I have enough fear to disarm you temporarily until the detainment is over.
    It is attitudes like this one that the FL Chamber of Commerce loathes. You, sir, are impacting people's decision on where to vacation. You can rest assured that Boca and its environs is off my radar...
    Bubbiesdad likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMan View Post
    It's common in many arias for a cop to disarm a person during a stop and place the firearm on the roof of the car. Once unholstered, the serial number is in plain view. Covering the serial number can be probable cause because it's illegal to obscure the serial number.
    What does opera have to do with this thread???

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

I loved the phantom of the opera. Very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    What does opera have to do with this thread???
    What does "arias" have to do with the opera?

No spell-checker with Tapatalk, sorry.

VIP Member
    What does "arias" have to do with the opera?

From Wikipedia - An aria (Italian for air; plural: arie or arias in common usage) in music was originally any expressive melody, usually, but not always, performed by a singer. The term is now used almost exclusively to describe a self-contained piece for one voice usually with orchestral accompaniment. Perhaps the most common context for arias is opera, although there are many arias that form movements of oratorios and cantatas. Composers also wrote concert arias, which are not part of any larger work, such as "Ah perfido" by Beethoven, and a number of concert arias by Mozart, such as "Conservati fedele".

From Wikipedia - An aria (Italian for air; plural: arie or arias in common usage) in music was originally any expressive melody, usually, but not always, performed by a singer. The term is now used almost exclusively to describe a self-contained piece for one voice usually with orchestral accompaniment. Perhaps the most common context for arias is opera, although there are many arias that form movements of oratorios and cantatas. Composers also wrote concert arias, which are not part of any larger work, such as "Ah perfido" by Beethoven, and a number of concert arias by Mozart, such as "Conservati fedele".
    Ahh nice, I learn something new every day.

Looking at the topic of my post and the sentence "arias" was in, what context clues lead you to believe I was speaking about music?

So you will lie to the law enforcement officer during an investigation? and say you don't have one? that will land you in jail, and because you have a firearm, it has now become a felony.

How do I know you're not going to go crazy? You broke the law, and I caught you. now I'm talking to you and having an official police investigation, and you are armed... And saying that I need to find another line of work isn't going to work either. That's like me saying you shouldn't be allowed to own a gun because you are carrying a weapon and breaking the laws by speeding. (aka absolute non-sense).

I try not to argue with people about this stuff, so I will probably not respond after this. I only tried to help explaining the situation from a statute perspective. Please respect my explanation.
    Never said they would lie. Duty to inform is telling without being asked. Usually on initial contact.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    Absolutely nothing wrong with an Officer asking, however the driver has no obligation to answer in a state that doesn't require disclosure. Further, failure to answer such questions does not constitute RAS.
    In TN, you aren't required to inform. But, you answer truthfully if asked.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

if a citizen is armed and has been stopped for breaking the law (as little as speeding, but still breaking the law) and you are armed, I have enough fear to disarm you temporarily until the detainment is over.
    Do you confiscate his vehicle keys? You probably also have the fear of being ran over.
    Richard M Nixon
    Jeff Cooper

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbiesdad View Post
    In TN, you aren't required to inform. But, you answer truthfully if asked.
    Only if the question is germain to the investigation and only if you wish to waive your 5th amendment protections.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

VIP Member
    Ahh nice, I learn something new every day.

Looking at the topic of my post and the sentence "arias" was in, what context clues lead you to believe I was speaking about music?

Since an aria is part of an opera and an opera tells a story, one could read your post and assume that you were talking about a new genre of opera that features cops and citizens, disarming people and running numbers. I would likely go to see such an opera, assuming it was not in Italian or Latin... :)

Since an aria is part of an opera and an opera tells a story, one could read your post and assume that you were talking about a new genre of opera that features cops and citizens, disarming people and running numbers. I would likely go to see such an opera, assuming it was not in Italian or Latin... :)
    Hmm...well I don't know the first thing about operas so I have no idea. I was using "arias" to refer to a place or location. Evidently there was some minor misspelling I neither see, even now, nore care about.

Chrome is usualy pretty good at picking these things up for me, so when I can go back to using Chrome I'm sure these minor issues will subside. Untill then it's amusing to everyone all around to see what sort of misspellings and typoes I can invent.

Maybe I should use text short-hand while posting from a phone.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Links