local editorial.

This is a discussion on local editorial. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was reading the editorial in yesterdays paper and ran over this article. http://www.jconline.com/apps/pbcs.dl...73258031809315 I'm tempted to respond but they don't take antonymous replies (might ...

Thread: local editorial.

local editorial.

I was reading the editorial in yesterdays paper and ran over this article.

http://www.jconline.com/apps/pbcs.dl...73258031809315

I'm tempted to respond but they don't take antonymous replies (might be compromising to CCW). The link has some good responses already online. I would like to point out some of the misconceptions.

1. The forefathers didn't need or want restrictions on where you can and can't bear arms.

2. Safe zones where rational NO carry have become safe killing zones for criminals.

3. You "alone" are ultimately responsible for your "own" protection.

4. Most CCW holders are good citizens that are more polite and more law abiding then most non-CCW holders.

Now some have praised Mitch Daniels for these Improvements. I cannot Ignore the others things he's done(and would vote against him if I could). That is the one thing that keeps me from voting for democrats. If they'd just give up on the gun issues they could win more elections.
    -Diplomacy: The art of saying nice dogie until you can find a rock.
    -The truth is a three edged sword.
    -Your brain is your primary weapon everything else is just a tool.
    -When the only tool you have is a hammer then everything starts to look like a nail.

2. Remove Ads

What about Mitch haven't you liked?

As an Indiana LCH holder, I am very happy with many of the "moves" Mtich has made!

Quote from Article...

(...Even more bothersome is the state's reluctance to properly monitor "straw" purchases of firearms. Such gun buys occur when someone fills out the legal forms and makes the purchase for another. The ruse is illegal and often used by convicted felons and others who cannot legally possess firearms...)

I'd like to see the research and figures for felons buying their weapons through reputable gun dealers...B.S. The dirtbags usually buy 'hot' weapons on the streets.

I'm sure they are willing to pay the regular prices for fine weapons...sheesh, who makes up this crap?

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Some of the things in the editorial is why I love Indiana!
    but some of the suff in the editorial is the same old anti-gun bull:

"The third state to allow people to use deadly force when threatened without first trying to back away."

Indiana has never been a "Must retreat" State, where did they get that crap anyway?

"Indiana's recent green light to the NRA does give us worry. In the last six months"

Why is it the "NRA" or "powerful gun lobby" when they talk about protecting gun-owners rights? They should say "the gun owning majority" or the "pro-2nd admendment majority", would they have a cow if they realized that most gun owners don't belong to the NRA ?

Sorry "Rant Off"
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

I couldn't help but notice this little gem :

On the surface, law-abiding citizens should be able to carry handguns in state parks. Laws logically prohibit guns from airports, schools and other places where there is no rational explanation for carrying one.

Do BGs have a list of where they can or cannot commit crimes? And since there hasn't been one school shooting .... oh wait there has . The only "logical" places I can see would be A) where you go to alter your conciousness (ie , bars) , B) hmmm , can't think of a B .

Links